PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 10:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint For Now

alphaxi3 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: No 4G? What Gives?

I hate to bust your bubbles, but none of the Wp7 phones are 4G capable. They are all 3G, I think it is a WP7 issue with it not being 4G capable yet. I think the June update will add the 4G capability.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaxi3 View Post
I hate to bust your bubbles, but none of the Wp7 phones are 4G capable. They are all 3G, I think it is a WP7 issue with it not being 4G capable yet. I think the June update will add the 4G capability.
eh same with android till the had to write special code for it. So if they wanted to they easily could.
Old 03-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

4G is battery drain.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6800
Carrier: Sprint

skidaddy is a n00b

Guess the WP7 is the Sprint ARRIVE. Can preorder on 3/20 for $200. When the PRO 2 came out was $400 currently available at $200. Decided to get a Kyocera / Sanyo Tahoe a month ago and save the $10 monthly smart phone fee with my grandfathered $30 SERO plan. It’s a military spec dumb phone so not subject to $10 smart phone surcharge. A communications device phone (great voice quality), text and WAP Browser / Apps it is fine. A little bulky and screen could be bigger, though but the phone is tough, also the radio is great getting coverage in places other Sprint phones got zip. $50 with rebate.

I also own a WM 6.5 Samsung Intrepid. This was grandfathered onto my $30 plan. Great form factor and battery life. Screen is fine for primary function of hotmail / Outlook synchronization what I need when I travel. If I reactivatited on my line I will get $10 monthly smart phone fee but supposedly prorated, so if I use it 25% of time $2.50 a month. Haven’t switched it back and forth so not sure this is the case.

Nice to have an tough easy to use phone, Tahoe that I can just hand off to family and separate smart phone the Intrepid as Business / Travel phone. I’m used to big multiple monitors and high speed interest don’t need phone as a way to consume data, just stay in touch.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

planetbrian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to planetbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaxi3 View Post

Is the HTC Arrive 4G compatible? How can we confirms if it is or not? I am thinking about buying 2 of these and want the ability to upgrade them to 4G in the future.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache(PPC6700)->Touch Pro-> TP2-> Arrive
Carrier: sprint

Esmartuek is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by planetbrian View Post
Is the HTC Arrive 4G compatible? How can we confirms if it is or not? I am thinking about buying 2 of these and want the ability to upgrade them to 4G in the future.
Hate to burst any bubbles, but the Arrive is not 4G. It is very aware of wifi, though, and is compatible with 802.11n. (but not on the 5GHz freq)
4G is new enough that I would not expect it to be in every new device yet, they're still trying to figure out what they're even doing (WiMAX vs. LTE)
Once you get the Arrive and reset it, the 3G still feels plenty fast, as CDMA 3G will always be faster because of the transmission methods behind CDMA.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

planetbrian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to planetbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmartuek View Post
Hate to burst any bubbles, but the Arrive is not 4G. It is very aware of wifi, though, and is compatible with 802.11n. (but not on the 5GHz freq)
4G is new enough that I would not expect it to be in every new device yet, they're still trying to figure out what they're even doing (WiMAX vs. LTE)
Once you get the Arrive and reset it, the 3G still feels plenty fast, as CDMA 3G will always be faster because of the transmission methods behind CDMA.

I should have clarified. I do understand that the Arrive is currently 3G but, does it have the hardware built-in to be able to go 4G when it is available. I am trying to cost justify these two phones by getting rid of cable broadband in home if 4G is available in the near future for these phones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro