PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2010, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
No 4G? What Gives?

I can't see why Sprint isn't putting WiMax on this thing! What gives man? I may have to wait for their 2nd WP7 device. No 4G is a deal breaker for me. Plus can we get a Screen the same size as the Epic4G? My wifes 4" screen Epic 4G sure looks nice. As fas as I'm concerned they can delay this device and get it right. Hopefully this is the Pro 7 and a Touch Pro 7 will release which would be a true beefier succesor to the TP2.

Gun Doggy Bull Dodga of the WP7 Gang

P7
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: No 4G? What Gives?

i completely agree & we need 4g on all new devices IMO

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

screen size is my biggest issue for a no go. i look at my epic and my tp2 and epic wins. just size im speaking of.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:10 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I hate to have to be a voice of dissention, but I am glad that this phone does not have 4g. My area has 3G, and I really don't feel like paying an extra $10 for a service that I cannot use. Thank you, Sprint for thinking of us non-4G people when planning your WP7 lineup!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

wait till more details are given to count it out for not having any 4g. As of right now no one knows.
Old 10-17-2010, 05:02 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
I hate to have to be a voice of dissention, but I am glad that this phone does not have 4g. My area has 3G, and I really don't feel like paying an extra $10 for a service that I cannot use. Thank you, Sprint for thinking of us non-4G people when planning your WP7 lineup!
but you will have 4g sometime and its 10$, i mean your gonna pay 500$ for a out of date phone (screen size) anyhow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
wait till more details are given to count it out for not having any 4g. As of right now no one knows.
really? lemme find the link. it wont have 4g at release but your thinking that will change? lol
http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20019194-85.html

"We're a little disappointed that data speeds top out at 3G EV-DO. Hopefully, we won't have to wait long for a Windows Phone 7 device that taps Sprint's growing 4G network."

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-17-2010 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

CripledCyclone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I live less then 45 minutes from Atlanta, and no 4g is a turnoff for me. Guess it's a wait for the ThirdGen-of NextGen phones, with the 4g, a dual core 1.2ghz, and 2/3's of the power consumption. Now we wait till Summer of 2011, which happens to be my birthday. :O

My TP2 with 3g is nice, but my dads Evo with 4g rocks, 9mb/s on a phone is RIDICULOUS.

Last edited by CripledCyclone; 10-18-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Very much agreed here!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:42 AM
Almost a VIP

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
You people that don't mind paying the $10 good for you. If you get 4g in your area then good for you too. But for those of us who don't get 4g there is no point in paying extra $10 for nothing. I've said it before, if htc came out with a phone with same features as evo but no 4g I would swap my evo in a heartbeat. I've used 4g once and when I did the coverage area was not good and speed was the same as my 3g. Until 4g coverage gets better this $10 is money in the trash for consumers. Only reason I still have my evo is because I got a $10 monthly credit for the next 2 years and I'm on a family plan which makes it okay cost wise. Otherwise I would still have my hero or tp2.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 10-19-2010, 01:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CripledCyclone is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Then they need a 3g and a 3g/4g plan or something.

Being in the IT field, and if I happen to need internet that moment, whipping out 4g is very handy for me, being close to Atlanta helps too.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro