PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2011, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

inmnbob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Best Buy and Sprint retune trap

I want to share a frustrating scenario so none of you go through the same thing.** I purchased a evo shift at the Best Buy store about three weeks ago.* I decided to return in and wait for the Arrive.* Tonight I tried to take advantage of the early premier purchase opportunity by purchasing the Arrive online at Sprint.* I was denied the upgrade because I was told I had already upgraded my phone.** It appears that Best Buy didn't mark my records correctly and didn't note the return.* So despite a strong argument on my part Sprint said sorry.* So here I sit with a two year old Touch Pro that Sprint says is my new phone.* Not the best way to take care of a new Gold Premier customer.** HELP
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

InsomniacJedi is keeping up the good workInsomniacJedi is keeping up the good work
Re: Best Buy and Sprint retune trap

1. Go to a Sprint store.
2. Explain the problem.
3. ??????
4. Profit
Old 03-18-2011, 12:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you returned the phone your upgrade date will revert back to the old date. They are not out to scam you. Sometimes it takes longer for it to show on the account. If you can't wait then take a copy of the best buy receipt showing you returned the phone and they will adjust date. The same happened to me when I got the hero and they wouldn't activate it on sero. I returned it and they were taking a long time to revert my upgrade date so I took copy of receipt to sprint and they changed it back without a problem.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 03-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacJedi View Post
1. Go to a Sprint store.
2. Explain the problem.
3. ??????
4. Profit
Exactly right. Go to the sprint store, take your receipts from the Best Buy purchase as proof, and have them look at the activation logs.

To take it a step further have a manger from Best Buy rectify their mistake with a personally drafted letter you can also show to Sprint.

I'd also be asking for major service credits at the very least for the inconvenience factor.

Sent from the Invincible Evo

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Threadstarter

inmnbob is just getting started

Thanks all. I didn't want to imply it was a scam but rather a support nightmare of finger pointing. Thanks for the ideas. Good to know that others have worked through this
Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

itster is keeping up the good workitster is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmnbob View Post
Thanks all. I didn't want to imply it was a scam but rather a support nightmare of finger pointing. Thanks for the ideas. Good to know that others have worked through this
i had the same issue after i returned my original evo and decided to purchase it on ebay for $300.. best buy didn't change my records because the employees are idiots there. i made the best buy sales person call sprint and resolve the issue.

the rep for sprint got the manager involved because she couldn't update the plan, but it was done on that call.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC Arrive/7 Pro