PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rquinn19 is keeping up the good workrquinn19 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint insurance question: Should I be covered?

I plugged in my 6700 and noticed it wasnt charging. After further notice i saw that the port where the charger goes in is broke. The plastic wasnt there and i can see 4 metal wires sticking out.

I went to get it repaired and the guy said I'd have to file a claim with the insurance since the board is damaged and they can't repair that?

My question is why is it my fault that they can't repair it? After looking over the contract I dont see why I shouldnt be covered to get a replacement. No damage due to "acts of god"(cant believe it actually says that), water, fire.... I didnt damage the phone myself or misuse it. The only way i see this happening is as they say normal wear and tear (of me plugging/unpluggin my phone for the last 18+ months.)

The big thing that pisses me off is i went and tried to start my insurance claim and they tell me i have to send in all these documents and get something notarized. In the mean time waiting for them to send me the documents then the turnaround time and then for them to send me the phone i'm just stuck with a phone i can only charge when i'm home at night by placing the battery in the cradle. I work on the road all day so i'm lucky if i have a phone for half the day.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

TekkieTag is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TekkieTag
Its not your fault and it IS covered.....

Whomever you talked to was stupid. Or lazy. Or both......

That MOST DEFINATELY is covered by ESRP. They should swap it for you at no charge if you've got insurance.
Old 07-12-2007, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sponge14 is a n00b
There is definatly a charge for insurance replacement, $50 deductable.

Rquinn, what kind of insurance do you have on your account? Total Protection, Equip replacement, or Repair? That makes a huge difference as to what you tell the insurance when you go to make a claim. If you don't have Total Equip Protection, you need to tell them you lost the phone. If you have Total, you can be honest, but then like you said, they want stupid crap done. The best thing you can do is to always report the phone as being lost. That way there is no police report needed, or no repair center B.S.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Nonya
Carrier: Nonya

choccy is a n00b
One of my 6700s (we have a pair) stopped charging from USB. We have insurance on both phones.

I took it to my local Sprint store, explained to them it won't charge, explained to them it must be the USB port since if you wiggle it sometimes it works and that swapping out the battery or charging the battery externally works perfectly. They said come back in an hour.

I came back just over an hour later. They said they couldn't fix it and gave me a brand new 6700, right out of the box, right there. The rep even gave me the additional power supply when I asked nicely, all at absolutely no cost. I walked away with a brand new phone (which my wife promptly lost 2 days later in a motorbike crash.. I paid $50 to get a new-new phone after that, so, 2 new 6700s in just 1 week. The insurance guys must hate me )

I'm not sure which insurance plan level we have. It's the one that costs $7/month, but considering I've so far had 2 new 6700s out of it, 7*2*24=$336+$50=$386 ($7 by 2 phones/month, 24 month plan, $50 deductable) which is still way less than I'd have spent buying 2 new 6700s already.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

TekkieTag is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to TekkieTag
If you look at my other post http://www.ppcgeeks.com/viewtopic.ph...d44c72971a9ce8 you'll see that it is indeed covered and you shouldn't have to pay for it. Go to a service center and find out. I've had my phone replaced many times without paying $50. You don't have to pay unless its liquid damage, lost/stolen, or you like ran it over or something.

Just trying to help people save money.

(edited to add the link)

Cause I'm smarter than them...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

Shaska is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by choccy
One of my 6700s (we have a pair) stopped charging from USB. We have insurance on both phones.

I took it to my local Sprint store, explained to them it won't charge, explained to them it must be the USB port since if you wiggle it sometimes it works and that swapping out the battery or charging the battery externally works perfectly. They said come back in an hour.

I came back just over an hour later. They said they couldn't fix it and gave me a brand new 6700, right out of the box, right there. The rep even gave me the additional power supply when I asked nicely, all at absolutely no cost. I walked away with a brand new phone (which my wife promptly lost 2 days later in a motorbike crash.. I paid $50 to get a new-new phone after that, so, 2 new 6700s in just 1 week. The insurance guys must hate me )

I'm not sure which insurance plan level we have. It's the one that costs $7/month, but considering I've so far had 2 new 6700s out of it, 7*2*24=$336+$50=$386 ($7 by 2 phones/month, 24 month plan, $50 deductable) which is still way less than I'd have spent buying 2 new 6700s already.
The $7 a month plan is the TEP plan, (Total Equipment Protection) plan, Which is the best one sprint/Nextell offers... Basically it comes down to this:

If you broke it... Pay $50 for a new phone
If you didn't break it, But it sure is broken... New phone for free!

When you pay $500+ for a phone, An extra 7 bucks a month can go a long way in the future... :P

EDIT: Just noticed another thread which has a great rundown of what TEP covers... (EVERYTHING XD)

Click Here To Read About What Insurance Plan Covers What

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache