View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 01:58 AM
choccy
Lurker

choccy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
One of my 6700s (we have a pair) stopped charging from USB. We have insurance on both phones.

I took it to my local Sprint store, explained to them it won't charge, explained to them it must be the USB port since if you wiggle it sometimes it works and that swapping out the battery or charging the battery externally works perfectly. They said come back in an hour.

I came back just over an hour later. They said they couldn't fix it and gave me a brand new 6700, right out of the box, right there. The rep even gave me the additional power supply when I asked nicely, all at absolutely no cost. I walked away with a brand new phone (which my wife promptly lost 2 days later in a motorbike crash.. I paid $50 to get a new-new phone after that, so, 2 new 6700s in just 1 week. The insurance guys must hate me )

I'm not sure which insurance plan level we have. It's the one that costs $7/month, but considering I've so far had 2 new 6700s out of it, 7*2*24=$336+$50=$386 ($7 by 2 phones/month, 24 month plan, $50 deductable) which is still way less than I'd have spent buying 2 new 6700s already.