PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 01:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I see if I use an empty folder, it actually generates a number for the rgu, dsm, and Xml, but I am guessing I should replace these UUID numbers with my own generated ones, correct?

I tried an existing old kitchen OEM and replaced the UUID numbers since the xml generated had a different "Guid type" number from the rgu & dsm...

No prob anyway this is a much needed help.
thnx vboyz103
Old 06-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bump...this is a new version!!

http://img502.imageshack.us/my.php?i...versionui0.jpg
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Outstanding....Looks great

On a side note and nothing that is too pressing at this time, how do you generate the UUIDs? I ask because most user created OEMs probably need to load towards the end of the process. Probably with UUIDs starting from D0...... to ff....... This can be addressed later if need be. Mostly I was just curious.

Keep up the great work.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
WHOA! creating the initflash files too eh? That should make creating OEMs a snap.

When's are you releasing the goodness?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks guys. I am working on the initflash part right now and should have a beta soon either today or tomorrow.

@colonel:

I'm using System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString() to generate the UUID, seems to be the same format as the "UUID Generator on the Web" site. Pardon me, but I don't know much about this whole UUID with ROM association. Let me know if I am doing this wrong.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
colonel, couldn't you just drop the first 2 characters of the generated UID and replace it with something from D0 to FF (at random)?
Old 06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Very nice!

This looks like a fantastic tool.

I need to find a "guinea pig" program to try this out with (all the ones I really want to add are nasty types, with Setup.dlls, etc.). I know it can be done, obviously, but I just haven't had the time to spend going through BigJ's walkthrough and creating an OEM correctly. Unfortunately, my phone can't afford to be out of action for more than a couple of hours at a time, so it will be a slow process...
Old 06-14-2007, 03:36 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Ok, here is where the UUID becomes important. Say you are creating a OEM that has a reg that needs to overwrite a previous reg in the rom somewhere. Here is a very basic example:

Normally by default, the Today plugins are enabled in this fashion

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"TASKS"]
  "Enabled"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\POCKET MSN]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"Messaging"]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"Wireless"]
Yes there are other entries, but you get the point. I hope

Now, this is usually in a rgu somewhere else in the rom/kitchen. Instead of spending a bunch of time trying to track it down and change it, it is easier to have an rgu that loads last that "gets the final say" as to what is written to the reg. So, lets say that the rgu that contains the above has a UUID like this: 6a99efc8-b94d-11db-8314-0800200c9a66.

Now, lets say that you want to disable the above plugins. So you create an rgu with this:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"TASKS"]
  "Enabled"=dword:0

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\POCKET MSN]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"Messaging"]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TODAY\ITEMS\"Wireless"]
Now, you also need to make sure that your rgu loads after the others. So, I usually suggest replacing the first couple digits in the UUID with ff. So, it would be ff99efc8-b94d-11db-8314-0800200c9a66

Anyway, yes this can be manually done, but you have to change the dsm, rgu, and xml to match. How abotu this as an idea.....Perhaps the proposed UUID is displayed in the app as well and the user can edit it before the files are created. Just an idea.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Ah, so order of the RGU does matter. So how bout when I generate the UUID, i just replace the first two with either dd or ff. But question is would that create duplicates, I know GUID should be unique but since we are modifying manually, I'm afraid it will conflict with existing RGU.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Retired Staff

Is there just a way to display the generated UUID at the top in an editable box. Then the user could edit it manually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache