PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

peacock93 is keeping up the good workpeacock93 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
mine did it again also. i made the mistake of trying to put everything back to original, by running APA_SPCS_20600_303_12700_WWE_Ship_orig.exe, before i put the new kitchen on my 6700. everything went through the update fine, including the radio stack install. then after the hard reset i had no radio again and everything that i have tried this time has not worked. i'm very frustrated. i really don't want to send it in to utstarcom but i think my options are getting very slim. i do have the original ms_.nbf and nk.nbf back on it now. colonel or lu2chill any ideas????
Old 06-12-2007, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

lattisimo

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:05 am • Post subject:

try adding this line into your RUU.CONF file before you run the update.

'[CHECKCEID_TYPE]=1' (without the quotes).

i would still recommend using the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe(verizon) or APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe(sprint) also.

__________________________________________________ __________

This worked for me. i thought it was from computercarl but it was actually from lattisimo. you can do a search for "error 120" if you want to read the thread.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Lurker

RedCanyon is a n00b
3 Strikes

Ok, happened a 3rd time. Phone wasn't functioning properly and I completely lose radio when I do a soft reset. Verizon is sending me a new one...
Old 06-17-2007, 08:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

lucky you!! i bought mine on e-bay, brand new still in sealed box, and it only has 3 weeks left on the warranty. i've been working with utstarcom to see if they will cover the warranty but i've not been having to good of luck. they want me to just send it in for repair since i have dropped it in the past and they will charge me a repair fee. i've tried to explain to them that i dropped the phone 6 months ago and it worked fine until the automatic update from sprint happened when i called to setup another phone. they tell me that that would not mess up my radio stack but i didn't have any problems until that update. now i can get my radio reloaded after messing with it for 4 or 5 hours but then out of the blue it will just quick again. this is like the 5th time. i guess i'm just screwed and will have to send it to utstarcom for service.

update 6-18-07 > OK, my 6700 is on it's way to UTStarcom via next day air. I have to resort back to my old Sanyo 9000. I hate not having my 6700 but I hate it more when it doesn't work. Can't wait to get it back so that I can flash the latest kitchen into it.

update 7-1-07 > Just got my 6700 back today from UTStarCom!!!!! They had to replace the main board and did not charge me anything!! Well I've got my new rom cooking as I'm typing this! Thanks for all of the help everyone has sent my way!!

Peacock93
Old 06-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz
Threadstarter

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Lost my radio again.... power outage while flashing! Lucky for me, I had these steps already outlined on getting the radio back - and yep, it still works

....well, obviously not for everybody but hopefully for the majority!

Rage
Old 07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Lurker

yj060464 is a n00b
after many times updata the radio ,but the radio none!
please help me!!
Old 07-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tommer12 is a n00b
Hello! Sorry newbie here. I followed the instructions. My phone says serial on top and 1.00v at the bottom. I unticked the USB connection from active sync. Plugged into my desktop and or my laptop (tried both). I get the error ballon pop up, I run the MTTY program and I only see COM ports... no USB. I tried each port with Enter to see USB, but no luck.

Any tips? This no radio thing is killing me.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Claro Dominicana

el_venga is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to el_venga
this topic is very important, somebody make it a sticky.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G!!!

mikldom is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to mikldom Send a message via Skype™ to mikldom
NO LUCK!!

I did get my radio back by reflashing, ran great for a couple of days, and then lost it again!!!

I followed directions exactly, several times, and still can't get a flash to take because radio is not there.

I need to get a sprint firmware on it so I can take it into a store and swap it for another one.

I could always just call them and tell them I lost it, and then have to pay a 50.00 deductible, but I would like to avoid that..

PLEASE help me get a sprint firmware on this so I can trade this POS in!!! this radio going in and out constantly is killing me!!!!

can an external antannae cause any problems?
Thanks!!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Verizon

OffUrRcker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OffUrRcker
When you guys lose your radios, do you lose your ESN number as well? Check under Settings/System/Device Info. I have no ESN number.

My xv6700 is a sick cross between keyboards, mainboards, and LCDs. I broke my first screen, and swapped LCD's. Then my 6700 started losing battery power and getting really hot, so I swapped mainboards. (I preferred my original keyboard to the LCD donor, that was why I didn't just switch back LCDs and use the other phone.) Then, I discovered ESN changing, and cloned the number of my RAZR V3m, so I could use the two interchangeably.

My radio just randomly quit, after successfully using an xv6700 with a razr ESN for about a month. Now, I don't imagine there's anyway VZW could have figured it out and specifically targeted my phone, causing it to lose its ESN, because whatever they did would have to be device specific, and the tower is incapable of somehow crippling my phone as such. So I'm wondering whether loss of ESN and radio are synonymous, or I have two separate issues.

I can't do a radio upgrade, because no matter what I do, I get error 114. I follow the directions to a T. Actually, I unplug the device from the USB cable rather than cable from computer. I feel like there's no way in the world this is the issue, but I'll try the other way, just because I'm pissed off and out of luck.

I can't use ##DIAG and rewrite my esn because Diag mode requires a radio to be connected.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache