PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2007, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ppc-6700
Carrier: sprint

jendand is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
riggs867,

The formats asx and pls are playlist formats. The files within the playlists are probably in wma format, which is windows media player format. That would explain why WMP starts playing (I'm guessing). MortPlayer doesn't natively come with wma, although there is a plugin. I don't think the plugin works very well though. TCPMP will play wma but not the protected variety. Have you tried associating wma with TCPMP? If that doesn't work, you might download the trial of Conduits' Pocket Player. It'll play protected wma files.

jendand
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jendand is a n00b
I just wanted to add another word about the soft reset lockup bug. After much experimentation and after following saridnour's advice that the source had something to do with startup order, I changed my startup to:

1. Voice Command
2. Clear Temp
3. wisbarlite

With this order, that bug is no longer a problem. The one change I've made since my last post on this is that I removed poutlook from startup. No one seemed to know what poutlook did, and I haven't missed it.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 3G / TP2
Carrier: Sprint / Google Voice
Threadstarter

saridnour is a n00b
jendand: Glad to hear your issue is resolved Also thanks for all the help you have been to the other users. I've been a bit out of the loop with work so I have not had too much time to post although I have been folowwing as close as possible. Still have yet to reset to the offical sprint rom to see if that clears up the issue with the phone, but I have not had any troubles in the last week and am hoping that it may have just been a network servie issue. I have my fingers crossed

-saridnour
Old 05-22-2007, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

jendand is a n00b
saridnour,

I think with any ROM there are going to be lockups. I've owned many computing devices, both big and small; they all locked up from time to time. I guess you have to decide what level of lockups is acceptable. With this startup order, a couple of weeks passed with my usual twice a day (or more) soft resets, but no lockup. Of course, then shortly after posting my previous message, I had to soft reset three times in a row to get it unstuck! However, at the time, I was experimenting with a plugin for Pocket Player -- so that might have been the cause. Anyway, I'm telling myself that the lockup problem is at an acceptable level!!

I hope your phone issue is resolved!

jendand
Old 05-22-2007, 11:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet
jendand: thanks for the info. I recently got rid of weatherpannel and that definitely seemed to make startup after soft reset less of an adventure. Still when the phone is on the charger it will hang on soft reset. I'm going to take a stab at changing up the start order as you've suggested.

saridnour: thanks for the great rom.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendand
I just wanted to add another word about the soft reset lockup bug. After much experimentation and after following saridnour's advice that the source had something to do with startup order, I changed my startup to:

1. Voice Command
2. Clear Temp
3. wisbarlite

With this order, that bug is no longer a problem. The one change I've made since my last post on this is that I removed poutlook from startup. No one seemed to know what poutlook did, and I haven't missed it.
I'm having similar startup problems - how do you change the order of the startup applications?

Thanks in advance!
Chris
Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jendand is a n00b
Chris,

SKTools ought to change the order. It has that functionality, but I could never get it to work. (There's a free trial version.) Instead, I just delete everything from startup. Then I add the apps back in the order I want. When I check in SKTools, the order I put the apps back into startup gives the new startup order. I'm sure there are other applications that will change the startup order, but I don't know of any myself.

From all that I've seen, what you have in startup and the order definitely has an effect on the soft reset lockup bug. However, as I've pointed out before, I have not found a 100% solution to the problem. Let us know how this works for you.

jendand
Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jendand
Chris,

SKTools ought to change the order. It has that functionality, but I could never get it to work. (There's a free trial version.) Instead, I just delete everything from startup. Then I add the apps back in the order I want. When I check in SKTools, the order I put the apps back into startup gives the new startup order. I'm sure there are other applications that will change the startup order, but I don't know of any myself.

From all that I've seen, what you have in startup and the order definitely has an effect on the soft reset lockup bug. However, as I've pointed out before, I have not found a 100% solution to the problem. Let us know how this works for you.

jendand
jendand,
Thanks for the info...I'll give this a try.

Have you found any issues without poutlook in startup after using your phone for a while without it? It doesn't do anything when you click on it, but I have to believe it has some function.

Thanks again,
Chris
Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jendand is a n00b
Chris, Nope. I haven't missed poutlook at all. On another forum, it was speculated that poutlook being loaded in memory would speed up certain types of messaging. But I've never found anyone who thought it was essential.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oppman is becoming a great contributor
I dont want to sound like a noob but i have looked everywhere but dont see a solution. Since i installed the rom and I get a Text link with a new picture it doesnt work it just takes me to the site and not the picture. I can send mms just fine the problem seems to be the link when i recieve it./.. any ideas??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache