PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2007, 11:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint PCS

DeadlyAP1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have tried this every which way, but no luck.

For some reason my XP laptop is detecting the xv6700 as "generic serial (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change idVendor)" and not a CDMA modem.

Since it is not recognising the device as a modem, I cannot install the drivers for it. I do have WModem running and started on the device when I try this.

If I do not start the WModem app, the device connects as "Local area connection 4" at 10.0 mbps.

I am totaly lost on this. I know this is my first post here, but I am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks
Old 07-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Lurker

Legacyone is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyAP1
I have tried this every which way, but no luck.

For some reason my XP laptop is detecting the xv6700 as "generic serial (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change idVendor)" and not a CDMA modem.

Since it is not recognising the device as a modem, I cannot install the drivers for it. I do have WModem running and started on the device when I try this.

If I do not start the WModem app, the device connects as "Local area connection 4" at 10.0 mbps.

I am totaly lost on this. I know this is my first post here, but I am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks
I had the exact same problem. That is why i modified Rufus' Instructions. Try to do it below as I did. The Trick is to click finish and tell it not to install any drivers. Go to Device Manager, click on the one with the Exclamation and going to details to find the correct device Id. Then modify the ID in the INF file. anyways here is a cut and paste from my preivous post.

After hours of searching and researching the solution to make the INF file work for me was to Edit the INF file with the Device ID. The only way I could get the ID was the finish the installation by hitting Finish and not installing any drivers. I then went in Windows to

**Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>
**Double Click on the Yellow Exclamation Under Modem
**Click on Details
**Copy the Line USB\Vid_045E&PID_0079
**Open the file CDMA1X_USBMDM.INF
**Under Section [HTC]
Replace:
'= Modem1, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_00CF'
With:
'= Modem1, USB\VID_045E&PID_0079F'
Old 07-30-2007, 09:57 PM
N00b

DeadlyAP1 is a n00b
Thankyou for the excellent reply! I am going to try it out just to see if it works, however I found another solution to tethering by using the Internet sharing app. So far, the sharing app has allowed me to connect via my BT connection and has been plenty fast.

Even though it is working this way, I am very curious to solve the problem in the way you describe. Thanks again.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:00 AM
Lurker

geebee75 is a n00b
Doesn't work on a Mac (of course)

Yea yea I know, "Who cares about Mac". Well, I used to think that way until they came out with Macs that have Intel processors, and my company decided to make me use one.

Anyone get this working on a Mac or am I going to have to be the pioneer here?

-GB
Old 07-31-2007, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

werewolf727 is a n00b
Winmodem INF driver file not recognized?

I downloaded the two files, read the directions about 4-5 times, followed them to a T and on my laptop running win XP it says that "the specified location does not contain information about your device" I know I have the correct .inf file and I am starting the connection on the device before connecting the USB, the laptop sees the connection in device manager. I am currently running Helmi's AKU 3.5 ROM. What piece of the puzzle am I missing here? I know I am very close, but something doesn't add up. Help?!

Interestingly enough, I also downloaded Sprints connection manager with phone as modem after this did not work and it would not even recognize that the phone was connected. I tried active sync off/on, win modem off on. No help.

**UPDATE** I followed part of Legacy's directions above and edited the .inf driver file. It now works fine, and man it is way faster than I expected! I was expecting dial-up speeds, but its much closer to DSL! I've uploaded the edited file for the rest of you noobs like me that find programming a daunting task. Please note if you are a Sprint user and you read Legacy's post, there is no need to provide username and password as he did. Just leave them blank.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cdma_usb_modem_110.zip (185.9 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

nobrakes is just getting started
Legacyone,

When you saved the modified inf file, what type of file did you save it as? It's only letting me save it as a text file.

DeadlyAP1,

When I used the BM 3.3, my laptop also said "(PROTOTYPE--Remember to change idVendor)" but it still installed the driver

I'm using the 3.5 ver 1.02 rom and having no luck installing the driver on my laptop even though it worked with the BM 3.3 rom
Old 08-02-2007, 01:18 AM
N00b

DeadlyAP1 is a n00b
I have given up on the whole wmodem way. Internet sharing program works much better and is easier to set up/use anyway.

Personally, I would like to know how to solve this problem with the drivers, but I have spent enough time on it as is for a mute issue now.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Xian is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Xian
Re: INF not recognized?

Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf727
I downloaded the two files, read the directions about 4-5 times, followed them to a T and on my laptop running win XP it says that "the specified location does not contain information about your device" I know I have the correct .inf file and I am starting the connection on the device before connecting the USB, the laptop sees the connection in device manager.
Same problem here w/ XP Pro
Old 08-16-2007, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

werewolf727 is a n00b
Windows 2K Pro Modem issue

Can someone please help me with this one? I have tried enabling & disabling NETBEUI on the client machine but to no avail. The only setting I could see that was different on this machine vs. my XP machine is that this one does not have anything to check under enable netbios over TCP/IP. The driver is properly installed, Activesync is off. The client computer even dials the modem in the phone, then this pops up. Sooo close.. help!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Cricket

ststephen is just getting started
I get this weird error when installing the driver. Looks like everything is okay, then the XP Pro puter says: Windows cannot install the modem.

Then at the "Finish" screen of the add hardware wizard it says:

Cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key.

Sounds like a registry issue, tried searching my registry but didn't find anything promising.

Anyone have any ideas?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache