Old 07-30-2007, 05:22 PM
Legacyone
Lurker

Legacyone is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyAP1
I have tried this every which way, but no luck.

For some reason my XP laptop is detecting the xv6700 as "generic serial (PROTOTYPE--Remember to change idVendor)" and not a CDMA modem.

Since it is not recognising the device as a modem, I cannot install the drivers for it. I do have WModem running and started on the device when I try this.

If I do not start the WModem app, the device connects as "Local area connection 4" at 10.0 mbps.

I am totaly lost on this. I know this is my first post here, but I am hoping someone can help me out. Thanks
I had the exact same problem. That is why i modified Rufus' Instructions. Try to do it below as I did. The Trick is to click finish and tell it not to install any drivers. Go to Device Manager, click on the one with the Exclamation and going to details to find the correct device Id. Then modify the ID in the INF file. anyways here is a cut and paste from my preivous post.

After hours of searching and researching the solution to make the INF file work for me was to Edit the INF file with the Device ID. The only way I could get the ID was the finish the installation by hitting Finish and not installing any drivers. I then went in Windows to

**Start>Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>
**Double Click on the Yellow Exclamation Under Modem
**Click on Details
**Copy the Line USB\Vid_045E&PID_0079
**Open the file CDMA1X_USBMDM.INF
**Under Section [HTC]
Replace:
'= Modem1, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_00CF'
With:
'= Modem1, USB\VID_045E&PID_0079F'