PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
I have been asked for my kitchen about 6x or so already, i do plan on posting the folders/files you need to "recreate" my kitchen environment but it depends on when the next kitchen from PPCGeeks is released.

.....DISCLAIMER......

i will however, be offering no support for any ROM built with my kitchen. I am working on trying to remember/document all of the changes ive made to the base kitchen beforehand but i am inevitably going to miss some.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

for the screen alignment, that is an issue i see sometimes, it actually means your phone needs to be replaced, its not an exclusive ROM issue.

The screen scrambles baffle me, since i have no way of recreating the issue Im stumped on where to begin to resolve it. I am open to suggestions and will do some research on my own end to try and figure something out.

A few of the other questions have been answered before. I have a few surprises for the next release, just sitting tightly until the next kitchen is out as 9.5 seems to be rock solid for most!

Thank you guys for your support for each other and your patience in getting the quirks worked out!
Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
On the screen scrambles- I made NO changes, still have cleartype enabled, using version 9.4 of the ROM. I haven't had a screen scramble issue since a day or so before my last post on the issue.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
heres something strange. i was looking at the reg settings and you put this on the front page...

bring this down to about 8096

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\STORAGEMANAGER\FILTERS\F SREPLXFILT]
"ReplStoreCacheSize"=dword:16534

i hadnt made any registry changes. my value was set at 91 thousand something, i cant remember the exact number.

91xxx. maybe that was causing the issue. i reset it to 8096 for now and will give it a try.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
One more thing about the screen alignment issue.

It seems to come and go on my phone, as I tend to use shotgun approach...via throw a bunch of different solutions and hope something hits/fixes the problem.

When I had the problem I repeatedly did one or all of the below until it eventually stopped-
* Screen alignment screen.... always a quick fix, usually only a temp fix.
* Tap real hard in 4 or 5 places -- selfcorrects the screen (but could potentially damage...worth a shot if you expect to replace anyway)
* Reduce resource constraints... (close programs and check memory)
* Reboot...reboot..reboot...
* Reflash ROM

side note- magnetics will misalign screen... such as the magnetic flap on the phone holder, although I didn't experience this problem myself.

Something I did fixed my alignment issues...so don't be too quick to replace the phone without first trying all the above.

..................back on topic..........

Eagerly anticipating the next release and to see what else has been added.

-Rage
Old 04-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm
heres something strange. i was looking at the reg settings and you put this on the front page...

Quote:

i hadnt made any registry changes. my value was set at 91 thousand something, i cant remember the exact number.

91xxx. maybe that was causing the issue. i reset it to 8096 for now and will give it a try.
the cache is never supposed to be set that high so I think the system is reading the value funny like.... my phone reads that value fine but I know my girlfriends said that (shes on the older hw rev) so her phone was locking up and i had to go in and reduce those settings and totally tripped when I saw that!

uh so ya... funny your the only one who pointed that out. I never mentioned it cuz I thought it was a fluke...
Old 04-06-2007, 09:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by takmsdsm

Quote:

the cache is never supposed to be set that high so I think the system is reading the value funny like.... my phone reads that value fine but I know my girlfriends said that (shes on the older hw rev) so her phone was locking up and i had to go in and reduce those settings and totally tripped when I saw that!

uh so ya... funny your the only one who pointed that out. I never mentioned it cuz I thought it was a fluke...
That's the first thing I do when flashing Mario. I just throught you were a speed freak who always closed his programs!

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 04-09-2007, 01:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

josh33_unc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to josh33_unc Send a message via MSN to josh33_unc Send a message via Yahoo to josh33_unc
i love this rom, each mario rom update is welcomed and flashed on my device without hesitation
Old 04-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

StarMiXr is a n00b
i definitely agree(josh33)!! THANKS BIG J!!!!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

Hayabusa1300cc is a n00b
Let me add something to this SCREEN SCRAMBLE ISSUE. This happens to me ONLY if I leave the phone plugged in overnight whilte being exposed to heat from my HT Receiver. 2 times I have laid my phone on top of it, exposing it to very warm temperatures, and in the morning the screen is scrambled. My fix? do not leave it exposed to extreme heat for an extended amount of time (I have it set to not suspend, but only turn off backlight when plugged)
Old 04-11-2007, 11:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

wondabwoy is a n00b
Add more of my own apps to your custom rom

Big J, oma, by far you have the best custom rom out there. it's like u read my mind, and took the best of "alwaysbelieve" and "Sar" custom roms, and put it in one. I'm serious, and I've been reading the "how to" to get my own custom rom till I ran into yours, which is not listed under the "custom installers" post. Anyway, I was wondering is if you can give me a point or two on how to add a few more apps lie spb diary, e-mobile, mobitv, etc added to your custom rom that I can do myself? I'm going thru the "how to", and I can't make sense of some of the instructions. I'm not sure if I can just added the progz .exe to \windows and encode, or do I need to do that, plus add registry entries? Or just use the extRom to add my extra progz. Thanks a million in advance!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache