PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
JBabey,

Ok kewl. Great ROM as I said before. You should see this ROM become more and more popular as it seems to solve so many bugs that the STOCK ROM has with program incompatibility. I have referred this ROM to 10's+ of people who have flashed it over and to my knowledge hasn't gone back. Have you finished the next release or do you need more time/help?

Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure if this was directed to me or not that is why I asked again. Keep them coming out the door.
Quote:
+++++++++++++

you update the radio easily... just grab the radio_.nbf out of the latest official rom and run the upgrade with ONLY that file and it will update just your radio.. no need to hard reset or anything
Take Care!
Andrew,
Old 04-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700..6800..touch..diamond..pro
Carrier: sprint

adrian2pm is becoming a great contributor
big J..iis it possible to have the flashlight on the softkey but without having the pop up window to turn the flash on? just like colonels rom..thanks
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELKOMFlexi

brabus is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to brabus Send a message via MSN to brabus Send a message via Yahoo to brabus Send a message via Skype™ to brabus
The Registry Edit For Vibrate Function Did Not Work

Hi JBabey, I am a big fan of your Super Mario ROM. After installing the ROM I always turned the LED ON by changing the registry as you posted on this thread. Unfortunately, I could not get the Vibrate function back to life. This is strange because I never had any problems with Vibrate function with your previous version (R9.4). Please correct me if I did something wrong. The LED is ON but No Vibration on my Phone. Thank U for your help
Old 04-14-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Centro
Carrier: AT&T

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pixiebaby473 Send a message via MSN to pixiebaby473 Send a message via Yahoo to pixiebaby473
Nope J, still not working. Only difference it made was, I can take a picture, click send and I have the option to send via MMS or via email. However, when I click on 'send via mms' the screen freezes up completely, resulting in my having to do a soft reset.
I don't understand it. It worked fine on the previous version, and I didnt install anything any differently this time than I did last time.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiebaby473
Nope J, still not working. Only difference it made was, I can take a picture, click send and I have the option to send via MMS or via email. However, when I click on 'send via mms' the screen freezes up completely, resulting in my having to do a soft reset.
I don't understand it. It worked fine on the previous version, and I didnt install anything any differently this time than I did last time.
if its still not working with a known working full install, then there may be other issues with your handset that are not exclusive to this ROM install. Just to be sure that an install would work OVER the built-in for my ROM, i installed the cab on the demo and tested, working. is there maybe any other type of change you may have made that would prevent the install from working properly?
Old 04-16-2007, 09:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to pixiebaby473 Send a message via MSN to pixiebaby473 Send a message via Yahoo to pixiebaby473
Nope, I haven't done anything whatsoever to it. I've only had it a month. I had the phone for 2 days when I installed the first mario rom, then I just installed this one.
I was beginning to wonder that myself, whether or not it was just my phone. I think it is, because I've had several people since I got it tell me that they've called me and I won't have any missed calls or voice mail notifications, but if I call voicemail, I'll have messages waiting. I've tried calling myself from a landline, and sometimes it goes through, sometimes it doesn't. It's already been flagged by Sprint & Asurion (sp?) and they've put notes into my account saying if the Sprint tech can't fix it, I get a free replacement. I guess maybe I should go on and do it huh? Blah.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Pixie, baby, just do another hard reset. Some claim to have needed to do this 2 or 3 times for it to work. Fortunately you don't have anything else installed or configured so it makes for a very easy process for you to just hard reset a couple of times. And if that doesn't work then try another start from the very beginning and reflash.

-Rage
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Lurker

Christofc7 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Christofc7
having a notification bug..

fist off id like to say that even tho i have a had a few issues...its nothing compared to what i was going through before i installed this rom. truly an amzing piece of work that has made me very proud of my device! lol. that said...the main bug i have that when i geta notifiation of some sort, most noteable a missed call or voicemail, and i click on the picture to the right of the ''start'' instead of the icons that should appear under it, i get a white bar all the way acros the screen under it, and i have to tap blindly on the screen until i hit where the icon supposed to be until it appears...is this a common issue? any help for it would be much loved. thanks guys.

tons of props for this ro yo!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: Sprint

eTiger13 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to eTiger13 Send a message via Yahoo to eTiger13
thanks for the ROM. its pretty good but locked up on my today and i had to hard reset a few times to get it working. not sure if it was because of the rom or not though.

i think the things i like the best is the PalmSMS app. Where did you get that from? Is there a link for somewhere here?

How come you left the links for Download Agent and Enroller?

Anyway I could get some tips on how to remake the ROM without a few of the included programs like Flashlight, AlarmClocl, Dictionary Editor, Hitchhiker, and Pencil Box?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

pixiebaby473 is a n00b
Rage, I have done that. I installed it Friday night, then had to do the 2nd hard reset Staurday morning. And the 3rd and the 4th. Everytime I hard reset it, I waited for it to 'customize' itself, then re-installed my contacts, only for the same thing to happen again. (aka nothing.)
So I came hoime, reflashed the rom completely, and still didn't work. SO I just decided I'd rather just forget about the stupid pic mail since it obviously doesn't *want* to be on my phone. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache