PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
bib
Lurker

bib is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
locking

I left the storage card out all day today and I still had 1 lock-up , with the card in i had 2-3 lock-ups, so less but still have them

Again the lock up seems to freeze the display, I cant make a call but I can receive them??

I am running out of things to try, please any sug???
Old 03-23-2007, 12:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Try using the latest ROM just released today.

I had to do a hard reset before installing this latest.... just something about my previous setup wouldn't allow it to install until I did the hardreset.
I was having problems with ActiveSync recognizing the phone so perhaps it was related.

As soon as I did the hardreset and hit "Y" for clear memory and "space" I went straight to bootloader mode and installed the update just fine.

So far so good...

-Rage
Old 03-23-2007, 02:19 AM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
9.5? oh man, that was quick! I'm gonna have to get another 6700 cuz I don't like not being able to run this and be a rom tester for the unified rom project. Whoops, I think I just "lost" my phone, better call and get a replacement...
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Just a thought- a text document could be included with things such as what is described on the first post here. Such as what's included in this ROM, and functionality/limitations...ex: how to reenable "vibrate" haha and simple troubleshooting steps for noobs... Such as removing the storage card, taking weatherpanel off of autoupdate, or removing programs /mention of process of elimination. A list could be compiled from this thread of what worked for others, etc.
A section could be added for what might be suggested of things to do/install after the ROM update.

It would be good for everyone's records, but of course not exactly necessary.
ya i would like to include a doc, for the short term though, i decided to put the biggest known issues at the top of the thread on page 1... should eliminate a lot of the questions. And if people read through the revision history they should be able to easily find the other answers they are looking for. In the interem though, i hope most of the lockup issues are resolved. For me anyways 9.5 seems to run a little better than 9.4. I have less lockups and the battery is lasting three times as long since i stopped using activesync. Im hoping that the yahooGO program, when its finalized, allows me to NOT have to use activesync for "exchange-like" functionality. I guess only time will tell.

On the 9.6 status front....

I just got the Resco.Explorer.2007.v6.0.Beta and it seems all kinds of smoother, gotta put that into the to-do list haha. Im hoping the beta fixes the today-screen plugins that are still broken in the OEM i made (i think i know the problem) but anyways, ill get the today plugins working in the v6 beta for r9.6

A kind soul just offered me to build a verizonOEM so the verizon peeps can FINALLY get rid of their ext rom (just like us sprint peoples) so im VERY excited about that. We may see an update sooner than expected for verizon users! (this is the part where you celebrate!) That will finally free up the last restriction and difference in the two roms, as well as give them another 10 megs or so of hard storage!.... yippeeee

thanks again guys, I hope 9.5 rox-ur-sox

Old 03-23-2007, 06:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
Some weird problems with the games. Sorry, don't have all the details anymore, but some of them didn't want to close properly, and DigDug didn't want to blow up anything.

Games tested: Digdug, one of the pacmans, duckhunt, missile command.

Other than that...lookin' good

-Rage
When you were in diapers and wetting the sheets I was out hacking with the ppcgeeks.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot
Some weird problems with the games. Sorry, don't have all the details anymore, but some of them didn't want to close properly, and DigDug didn't want to blow up anything.

Games tested: Digdug, one of the pacmans, duckhunt, missile command.

Other than that...lookin' good

-Rage
weird, Ive had no problems closing the games.... keep in mind the namco games that i updated to the free revisions dont actually "close" the way the old ones did. They now function like normal programs i.e. stay loaded in the background. hit the multi-color handyswitcher and just close them out, or when you hit the X to close them... hold the stylus on the X and it will force-close the game.

No issues with duckhunt, tried it on 3 ppc here in the store, seems to shutdown normally. If you accidently hit a button and "minimize" it... then either close it out through handyswitcher or reload the game, and click on exit. (better to reload it, or the sound keeps playing).

:P
Old 03-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chewskydoo is a n00b
I moved up from 9.3 today (which was incredible), but I'm having some trouble w/ the newest release. Outlook won't retain any of my email account settings between soft resets. I've tried hard resetting multiple times, reinstalling the ROM, etc., but I continue to have the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm a bit baffled.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chewskydoo is a n00b
Ok, so another few rom reinstalls and hard resets seem to have fixed the problem. Very strange, but I'm happy to have my email back.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Titan

dalsik is a n00b
Thank you for your work with this build! I am upgrading from the Colonel 3.3 build I installed a month or two ago. For some reason I was getting mad lock-ups with and without my storage card installed. So far, BigJ9.5 is running well.

A couple of questions...

1. When I ran your 9.5 install, I had a bunch of "Sprint junk". I had to go back and remove things like "fetch", "getgl" and the 'audible' .cab files and entries from the extended_rom2 folder. Are those actually in your install or were they left-overs from the latest public Sprint rom upgrade that I had just run previous? I needed to do that in order to upgrade the radio version to 1.27.00.

2. I was confused on how to incorporate your "mini" Extended_ROM2 folder of stuff (spMMS-Registry.cab, 20226.prl, phoneAlarm_v16.exe, etc. with the standard Extended_ROM2 cab files. I ended up running the spMMS cab file separately.

3. How come your AutoRun.exe file is of a different size/date than the standard Sprint one?

4. What is the difference between the 'MaUpgradeUt_noID' and 'ROMUpgradeUt' executables? My search did not turn up any answers.

5. Anybody happen to know the secret with getting the 6700 to work with my WPA-PSK enabled router? It was working with the Colonel and original Sprint installs but I can't seem to connect to my wireless system.

Thanks again.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

What's up with all the silly questions... lets get digdug to blow stuff up again like he's suppose to...that's what's important.

Actually, for others reference, you now have to go to digdugs options to set up button mapping for the blowup feature to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache