PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Are the apps you are adding on the SD? If this is the case, it may be because you SD is dismounting and has not powered up when O2 looks for the link.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPCT7380 Touch Pro2 and 4 PPC-6850 TP

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
Skype issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
what does the error say?
"Couldn't find all the necessary files to start Skype. Please try to install Skype again. Skype will now quit"

I have tried installing it several times on each location but get the same result. Last time I tried it was the official Sprint ROM and it ran fine.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
That is a new on to me. I do not use Skype so I am of little help. You might want to post a thread or search for anyone else that uses/has issues with 3.5 and Skype.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Quote:
That is a new on to me. I do not use Skype so I am of little help. You might want to post a thread or search for anyone else that uses/has issues with 3.5 and Skype.
Just got back from two weeks in Europe with my XV6700 as my "world phone" using Skype and Colonel's 3.5 ROM. No problems that I've found. I installed Skype to main memory and am using the 2.2 Beta "low cpu" version.

Off topic, but I also used the 6700 with a Europe nav application called Destinator and a great BT GPS (iBT-GPS) for over 2,000KMs and it worked flawlessly. Really pushes the boundaries of what a phone can do!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tokyo
I am currently using 3.5.8 and am loving it, however i am having a problem with the icons in the shortcut settings of O2. it seems to be a random occurrence but some of the shortcuts show a little white icon instead of the regular icon for the program (this happens after i have loaded the programs and everything appears normal but i come back to my phone after it has been turned off). another weird thing is this new icon does not allow me to open that program, its like this shortcut disappears. any suggestions????
I also experience the disappearing icons (usually IE and Media Player) from the O2 shortcuts. I just delete them from the O2 options then re-add, and all seems okay again. These are programs that are definitely in main memory. I haven't found any pattern as to when or why they go bad, but it has been easy to fix.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFix
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2tokyo
I am currently using 3.5.8 and am loving it, however i am having a problem with the icons in the shortcut settings of O2. it seems to be a random occurrence but some of the shortcuts show a little white icon instead of the regular icon for the program (this happens after i have loaded the programs and everything appears normal but i come back to my phone after it has been turned off). another weird thing is this new icon does not allow me to open that program, its like this shortcut disappears. any suggestions????
I also experience the disappearing icons (usually IE and Media Player) from the O2 shortcuts. I just delete them from the O2 options then re-add, and all seems okay again. These are programs that are definitely in main memory. I haven't found any pattern as to when or why they go bad, but it has been easy to fix.
For me it goes bad when I add them in the Start Menu....
Old 05-02-2007, 01:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

rsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuffrsbrown69 knows their stuff
Skype issues

Quote:
Quote:
Just got back from two weeks in Europe with my XV6700 as my "world phone" using Skype and Colonel's 3.5 ROM. No problems that I've found. I installed Skype to main memory and am using the 2.2 Beta "low cpu" version.

Off topic, but I also used the 6700 with a Europe nav application called Destinator and a great BT GPS (iBT-GPS) for over 2,000KMs and it worked flawlessly. Really pushes the boundaries of what a phone can do!
I had only tried it recently in 3.5.7 and 3.5.8 with the same error, will you be flashing yours any time soon? I just received a "refurbished" (previously rejected) unit and I am not sure exactly why it was returned yet. So far it seems like it was just previous opperator error but this Skype thing is bugging me.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Re: Skype issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsbrown69
Quote:
Quote:

I had only tried it recently in 3.5.7 and 3.5.8 with the same error, will you be flashing yours any time soon? I just received a "refurbished" (previously rejected) unit and I am not sure exactly why it was returned yet. So far it seems like it was just previous opperator error but this Skype thing is bugging me.
In fact, I flashed the "anyone but Sprint" 3.5.7 the first day back...
I have re-installed Skype (2.2 Low CPU Beta), and it works just fine. It isn't a ROM issue from what I can tell. Have you tried performing several hard resets, then re-flashing to see if there is any residual reg entry or something that is the culprit?
I'm sure you are also hard re-setting after flashing as well, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: Skype issues

Quote:
In fact, I flashed the "anyone but Sprint" 3.5.7 the first day back...
I have re-installed Skype (2.2 Low CPU Beta), and it works just fine. It isn't a ROM issue from what I can tell. Have you tried performing several hard resets, then re-flashing to see if there is any residual reg entry or something that is the culprit?
I'm sure you are also hard re-setting after flashing as well, but thought I'd mention it just in case.
Thank you for the input. I think I will reflash all the official releases including radio data just to be sure it is there (phone shows correct version numbers) then re-flash Colonels 3.5.8 or later. I always do at least one hard reset after flashing and always allow customizations to fully take place afterwards. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Lurker

docangle1 is a n00b
Bluetooth Question FTP

Does Version 3.5.8 Rom Support Bluetooth FTP, I don't see the FTP tab under bluetooth that I have read reviews on AKU 3.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache