PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2007, 06:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Mobile 8

dennygun is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yeahh.. i spent hours to download with dialup for nothing...though your verizon no ext 3.5 is awesome colonel, please provide us the real wm6 man...

dgun
Old 04-06-2007, 10:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel12
colonel: with the new nk.nbf, i keep getting a random alarm played, and my phone will wake up, but no notification or anything is shown. Any idea what this is?
That is notifyme. It lets you know if your sd card pops out. Unfortunately it also notifies when the card goes to sleep. if you dont have your sd card jumping out randomly, go to start, settings, personal tab, notifyme and change the settings to stop it.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 04-06-2007, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cheeb is a n00b
um..ok....so my questions again were...

a) what is that "audio" app supposed to do in your 3.5.3. update nk.nbf file? For those of you who are using this new beta rom to colonel 3.5.3 (its originally labeled sprintnk.nbf on the ftp) its next to the activesync icon and calculator icon...

b) also...weather watcher was asking for an updated NET compact framework update....did update...and it did nothing...it actually told me (on the handset) that i was installing an older version....

and

c)....how exactly do you use...and what is the purpose of ID Transfer via bluetooth...
Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennygun
yeahh.. i spent hours to download with dialup for nothing...though your verizon no ext 3.5 is awesome colonel, please provide us the real wm6 man...

dgun
Dialup? Really?

And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb
um..ok....so my questions again were...

a) what is that "audio" app supposed to do in your 3.5.3. update nk.nbf file? For those of you who are using this new beta rom to colonel 3.5.3 (its originally labeled sprintnk.nbf on the ftp) its next to the activesync icon and calculator icon...

b) also...weather watcher was asking for an updated NET compact framework update....did update...and it did nothing...it actually told me (on the handset) that i was installing an older version....

and

c)....how exactly do you use...and what is the purpose of ID Transfer via bluetooth...
a) the audio app is included with id transfer. You use it to transfer audio from ppc to bt headset. with voice command, you can simply say "open audio" while listening to music or watching video in windows media and the audio will be transferred to the bt. You no longer need bt toggle.

b) cant really comment on this, I use weather panel and it hasnt come into this prob yet. wat version of .net did u try to update to cos i think it will have to be applied as a patch. (colonel should be able to answer that more clearly)

c)purpose of ID transfer is to announce callerID, when you receive a call. Voice command 1.6 offers this feature but it doesnt work to bt headsets. Badsector created the program so that option would work with bt. All other announcement options to bt work, just callerID.

Hope I have been helpful.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
LOL, yeah WM6 was a joke. Funny thing is that I never told anyone to install it. I just put it on the ftp. Everything else was just poeple being unable to resist trying it.

angel, the alarm is NotifyMe. It sounds when you Storage Card is removed. Unfortunately, with the 6700 having the SD disappear everyonce in a while, the alarm will sound as well. This can be disabled in the NotifyMe settings in Settings.

dawilliams, ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Apache/Colonel's%20Custom/

cheeb, the audio app can open the audio gateway to a BT headset to listen to device audio. This can either be done by tapping the icon or saying "Open Audio" with VC

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-06-2007, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Hey colonel, buiuld me a rom w/o the sprint stuff in it, and in its place put the vzw-extrom-oem, and I'll give it a try... (I'm at home, and my kitchen (and your vzwextrom) is on my work machine...

CarklyCark
Old 04-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Will do that this afternoon carl.

On the .Net issue, I am trying to track down why this is not working anymore. I think something has been changed in the kitchen, but I haven't had a chance to work on it. I will have something working up soon.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cheeb is a n00b
thanks for the replies....and this is definitely a great rom...didn't think it could get any better from before!
Old 04-07-2007, 05:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

redz1234 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to redz1234 Send a message via MSN to redz1234 Send a message via Yahoo to redz1234
ok.. so after the episode of installing wm6 and yes, the joke was on me. so since i cleaned my phone out said i might was well upgrade my rom from 3.3.3 to 3.5.3.

i have now installed 3.5.3 ..
- downloaded Colonel_Custom_3.5.3Sprint
- removed file ms_.nbf as i was installing on my telus phone

upon installing the new rom, definitly noticed speed increase, much nicer looking icons and just an overall fast OS.

i also have the Extended_ROM2 access now which is a bonus.

on the down side, null keyboard wouldn't work, it actually wouldn't even list. i removed the null keyboard installed and re-installed. everything is working crisp now.

as of right now i have no complaints and very impressed. thank you so much colonel.

i do have one question for everyone though. what kind of apps do you guys install in the Extended_ROM2?

thanks again,
ReDz

PPC History >> Axim X5, Axim X3, Axim X3i, PPC6700, HTC Titan, HTC Touch Pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache