PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Alwaysbelieve1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alwaysbelieve1 Send a message via Yahoo to Alwaysbelieve1
Does that app do it or not?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
it trys to work but it never is able to make a connection to the internet. it is as if the bluetooth option is trying to use a "connection" that isn't there...

and on the usb side, the phone gets on the 'net but th pc doesn't know what the phone is when that app is running.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:24 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've not tried the posted apps yet (busy last couple days) - will give it a go soon.
Old 01-24-2007, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy
it trys to work but it never is able to make a connection to the internet. it is as if the bluetooth option is trying to use a "connection" that isn't there...

and on the usb side, the phone gets on the 'net but th pc doesn't know what the phone is when that app is running.
I tried different things but kept coming up with the same error as you. We are going to need better techies than us to resolve this problem.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 01-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Lurker

zzzzzzzzz is a n00b
Who does know how to install IntShrUI.zip and use internet sharing?

I just unzipped the file and copy the extacted files to a directory under ppc 6700 "Program Files". Then I launched "IntShrUI.exe" and the application seemed running normally. I chose "PC connect as USB" and "Network connection as Sprint PCS Network", then clicked Connect. The status said "Connected". After that, what is next step? I tried IE in my desktop PC to use the connection, but couldn't connect to the internet.

Is there an instruction about Internet Sharing program and setups?

Thanks,
Old 01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chrismc is a n00b
You will not be able to make a dial-up connection using PAN and the "Internet Sharing" app (IntShrUI.exe). PAN is a different type of Bluetooth profile than DUN, and is seen differently by the paired computer. If you re-pair your computer with the phone, you should see a type of connection called "Personal Area Network", or perhaps "Network Access Point". This is what is enabled by IntShrUI.exe. I can't verify this, as I don't have a Windows PC with Bluetooth (Macs don't support Bluetooth PAN), but that is how it is SUPPOSED to work.

When using the BT DUN profile, your PC sees the phone as a modem device (the DUN profile builds on the BT Serial profile). When the PC sees a modem device, it is pretty easy to set it up to dial out for internet access through Windows' Dial-up Networking support.

When using PAN, the PC no longer sees a modem, or serial device, at all. The BT PAN profile behaves like an actual network connection, similar to a wireless or ethernet card. After re-pairing the phone and PC, you should see a new network adapter for the BT PAN profile (IntShrUI.exe may need to be running, I'm not sure). Simply configure and use that network device to connect to the internet, no dial-up configuration needed.

Again, I haven't seen any of this in person, as I don't have a PC with Bluetooth. My explanation is simply from a deep understanding of how it works. If someone can test this and post the results, I would really appreciate it!
Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ok I have done the install into AKU 3.3, and verified this one is not working

One thing that you needed to do was to get the .reg file loaded into your reg on the machine - I did that (minor edits allowed it to be loaded via the TaskManager app I have ( http://www.pocketpcfreeware.com/en/index.php?soft=1612 )

Anywhoo, loaded the reg file, copied all others into \Windows, soft reset.

Loaded UI app, selected BT and Sprint, tap connect... and it fails to connect to the data service (or so it claims - my gut feel is that there are still several bits of the BT PAN profile missing in this ROM)

On the windows side, discovery of all services on the Phone doesn't show a PAN service, and discovery of BT network APs does not show anything - either of them woulda worked had BT PAN been on the phone

(Oh and yeah, phone BT was on and discoverable)

So no joy with this.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

chrismc is a n00b
Hmm, I'd agree that the BT PAN profile seems to be not be quite right. Bring back DUN!
Old 01-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Lurker

darkphan is a n00b
No BT DUN had been a real thorn in my side, but I have since tried Mobile Stream's USB Modem driver on the 6700, and it works great with my Mac's. I have tried both BT and USB.

You can download the trial here: http://www.mobile-stream.com/usbmodem_wm.html
Old 01-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

andason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good workandason is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to andason
Here is a post from helmi_c on xda about intshrui and a blue angel device.. there was another intshrui.cab attached to the post.. I still had the same problem though.. if anyone else wants to try

To all who want ICS:
- Install IntShrUI.cab from helmi_c and set HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Tcpip\Parms\IpEnableRouter to 1 or just use .cab, that i attach to this post - this is a .cab from helmi_c to which i add a changing IpEnableRouter to 1.
- Turn off BA, wait 20 sec, then reboot.
- For the first time after each reboot you need to run "Internet Sharing" 2 times (UI is shown only on second run).
- If the PC have some kind network adapters - disable them all (except Bluetooth Network - if you connect via BT), and also you may run "route delete *" from windows command line to clear route table. This will ensure, that windows will set correct IP address of default gateway (this IP address - is a IP address of BA) after you connect BA to PC.
- On the BA, in Internet Sharing program, select PC connection type and Network connection, and press "Connect".
- Then connect BA to the PC (to USB if "PC Connection" is "USB", or connect PC to BT Network Access of BA, if "PC Connection" is "Bluetooth PAN").
- If you connect to BA via BT PAN - ensure, that BT of your PC is configured to "Allow other devices to create a private network with this computer" and NOT to "Allow other devices to access the Internet/LAN via this computer" (this is from PC widcomm stack, that i have, if you use other stack - search similar options ). If you don't do this - then you got a error from your PC BT stack... something about "not possible to make LAN if both devices configured as bluetooth access points" or like this. Also, for me, the ICS over BT is not work until a set HKLM\Comm\BTPAN1\Parm\TcpIp\AutoCfg to 0 (the default value is 1). If for your the same - set AutoCfg to 0 too. After connecting PC to BA, BA show warning "DHCP server cannot be contacted...." but for me all works (may be because before i have successful connection via USB) ... this will need more investigation, i think...

* Edit : The poster is actually ValeraVi, and the file is from helmi_c.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache