PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
I'm using a Verizon 6700, Bootloader version 1.0. Windows Vista (which hasn't given me any issues with previous ROMS including Helmi's WM6).
Getting following error:

Error 150: ROM Upgrade Utility Error
This ROM upgrade utility does not design for your device.

(Bad English is true to the error.... noice!)

Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

Gervy
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
If you're having trouble getting the RUU to run (flashing application), try one of the others found on the site or in another rom download & just swap out the nsf file.

For the person having texting issues, make sure you didn't let the verizon customizations run after hard reset.
Hmmm.... just tried the RUU from the late AKU release. That got me the same error. Which is weird since I've used that before for my phone. That vexes me.
Trying another one.

---------------------------------------------
Update, grabbed another RUU in that latest AKU release. (not the NOID one). Seems to be working.
Thanks for the sage advice. Keep on hacking man, we appreciate it!

Gervy

Last edited by Gervy; 09-25-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

BobC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
That Rom update by Helmi is a public safety hazard not withstanding the fact that it jacked up a lot of people's handset and during the time they needed their cell phone to work the most (during a 911 call...it locks up the phone). Now you expect folks to stick around and wait for a so called part 2? I dont think so. Boy am I glad that I didn't jump on the band wagon..lol
With that screen name, and blasting out that much attitude after only being around long enough to have 7 posts?!?

Way to go man - you're sure to really win friends and influence people wherever you go.....
Old 09-25-2007, 07:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760

romulus15 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan View Post
how often is this requiring soft resets? With Helmis stock ROM Im having to soft reset about every 2-3 days on average.
I've had it on my phone since Sunday around noon and haven't had to reset it once yet. I was resetting Helmi's at least once a day.

VC 1.6 works nearly flawlessly with this ROM. The main problem is that you don't get incoming voice announcements over BT and incoming call ringtone passthrough is intermittent at best, but it's not an issue with Helmi's ROM...it's an issue with WM6 all together. I'd have figured MS would have put out an update to VC since WM6 has been out for a while. No problems mapping it to button 5 BTW.

Great job on this ROM so far. I'll let ya know if I uncover any bugs, but so far so good.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:56 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
With that screen name, and blasting out that much attitude after only being around long enough to have 7 posts?!?

Way to go man - you're sure to really win friends and influence people wherever you go.....
Wow yeah that is rather harsh for a rom with big fat warnings all over it about it being a test rom and all.

No pleasing some people I guess.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post

I agree. That was completely ungrateful sounding and I don't appreciate it. It took a lot of work to get wm6 working for apache. Helmi did the hard work--we're just refining and polishing.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Lurker

tko248 is a n00b
Unhappy bootloader mode

Just upgraded to dev 2 and now im lock into the bootloader mode, i was upgrading from helmi wm6, never happen before. I reupgraded 4 times and still locked in bootloader mode. any ideas?

Thanks
Old 09-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Lurker

tko248 is a n00b
I actually got it up and running with the exit bootloader util.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

Zlog is a n00b
So is there any way to Flash the rom with Vista 64 yet? or am i going to need to find a XP PC?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: vzw

Zlog is a n00b
Well i gave it a whirl on my media PC and it ran no problem whatsoever, so clearly Vista was the guilty party. :\ Oh well! will give you my feedback!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
The NOID Upgrade Utility Has Conflicts With Vista Use The Utility From Helmis WM6 Verizon Version (The One Without The Bootloader Listed) And You Will Be Fine, Just Swap The ROM File.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development