PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Sprint

CHUFLY29 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddbody View Post
That Rom update by Helmi is a public safety hazard not withstanding the fact that it jacked up a lot of people's handset and during the time they needed their cell phone to work the most (during a 911 call...it locks up the phone). Now you expect folks to stick around and wait for a so called part 2? I dont think so. Boy am I glad that I didn't jump on the band wagon..lol
People know about this bug, it's their choice to continue using WM6. If they feel it's unsafe to have the ROM on their phone they can re-flash it back to an different ROM. It's not like Helmi made it impossible to flash back. What you're implying is that Helmi knew of the issue and decided not to tell the public. get over yourself..
Old 09-26-2007, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

computercarl is a n00b
Angry Grrrrr

Quote:
That Rom update by Helmi is a public safety hazard not withstanding the fact that it jacked up a lot of people's handset and during the time they needed their cell phone to work the most (during a 911 call...it locks up the phone). Now you expect folks to stick around and wait for a so called part 2? I don't think so. Boy am I glad that I didn't jump on the band wagon..lol
Wow, then go download a different dialer, like the one that dcd released... And don't flame Helmi_c, he's the man that brought you wm6. And last but not least, if you don't want to flash, then don't. I didn't see anyone there with a gun to your head says flash...

And, being that you didn't flash, you don't even know... It does not lock up your phone permanently, it just tries to use the gps chip that our phone doesn't have, and after about 10 seconds, it fails and then it processes and connects the call to 911...

The more I write, the more mad I get. Just go away. It's people like you that don't know anything, think they know it all, and make a bad name for people like us, just trying to update our phones long after the carrier has stopped supporting them.

Last edited by computercarl; 09-26-2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: typos
Old 09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

coreyoli is keeping up the good workcoreyoli is keeping up the good work
Quote:
That Rom update by Helmi is a public safety hazard not withstanding the fact that it jacked up a lot of people's handset and during the time they needed their cell phone to work the most (during a 911 call...it locks up the phone). Now you expect folks to stick around and wait for a so called part 2? I dont think so. Boy am I glad that I didn't jump on the band wagon..lol
LOL, you are such an ass.. Just go away...
Old 09-26-2007, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: V6700

Chem E Sam is a n00b
I have dev 2 on my now. works well i will post here with comments if i have any. my only comment so far it that the Verizon mobile sync software is not on there, but that i am sure is just a preference thing. thanks
Sam
Old 09-26-2007, 11:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
You can download wireless sync software over the air by going to ota.wsync.com. Just select your device.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUFLY29 View Post
People know about this bug, it's their choice to continue using WM6. If they feel it's unsafe to have the ROM on their phone they can re-flash it back to an different ROM. It's not like Helmi made it impossible to flash back. What you're implying is that Helmi knew of the issue and decided not to tell the public. get over yourself..
Quote:

GoddBody - I pretty much figure everyone on here knows the potential dangers of using unofficial hacked software on their phone. Caveat emptor. There is a reason why Helmi listed it as a work in progress, and asked people to report issues. You're type of reaction is just the type that would slow down production on awesome hacks such as his. Chill out, dude.

Gervy
Old 09-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris

Gervy is a n00b
PHONE "locks" when sending MMS...

been running the verizonguy edition of WM6, and love it. (Nice and fast).
However I can't seem to send MMS, from the camera (when you take a pic, and can send right away prior to saving).
The interface will lock. Though if I hit OK button, it just closes the MMS send interface and bring me back to the TODAY screen.

I can send MMS from the picture and video catalog screen.

Anyone else having issues?
Fix available, or is there another MMS application that will work?

Gervy

Last edited by Gervy; 09-26-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800

ryangod is just getting started
My phone is locked up at the windows mobile splash screen. I have not installed anything, and the battery was fully charged. Any ideas? I thought this wouldn't happen anymore..
Old 09-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
been running the verizonguy edition of WM6, and love it. (Nice and fast).
However I can't seem to send MMS, from the camera (when you take a pic, and can send right away prior to saving).
The interface will lock. Though if I hit OK button, it just closes the MMS send interface and bring me back to the TODAY screen.

I can send MMS from the picture and video catalog screen.

Anyone else having issues?
Fix available, or is there another MMS application that will work?

Gervy
No, but I did notice after taking a pic with the camera yesterday, it locked up while trying to save it briefly. It said 'that filename already exists', and hung. I waited for quite a while after ok'ing the error, and finally it killed it.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: Verizon/Alltel

Midnght_J is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Midnght_J Send a message via Yahoo to Midnght_J
Hey, I know this is mainly for Verizon users but will it work for alltel?

Oh and you guys rock.....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development