PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Claro

migue2078 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Already found the solution to the problem (l read an article in this forum of the friend Luv2chill, of the topic After rom install-help!!!! .. volume is gone!!!) in which he was explaining a problem that the XV6700 presents. Apparently, when much uses the headset with this telephone and updates (the truth I don't know the technical reason, but I give them the empirical solution, thanks Luv2chill) the sound hardware is blocked, only working the headset. The solution for it (as I say to them, empirical enough, but effective), is to reproduce a long sound (like of a minute or more) and to introduce and to extract several times (as approximately 5 to 10 times) the headset, until sound is listened again in the speaker.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Is the new Office 2007 support built into this ROM, or will it be in future versions?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9164

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Lurker

FaerieFire is a n00b
I installed the Devel 2 ROM yesterday afternoon. I had one splash screen lockup about two hours later, right after I installed Weatherpanel and some themes for it. I had the HTC Home plugin turned off pretty much the whole time. A hard reset got things back on track.
But other than that one hiccup, it's run perfectly. Glad the 911 fix got in, too. (Has anyone tested it/had cause to use it and make sure it's fixed?) And this is actually closer to the WM6 ROM I'd customize for myself, too.
Great work!

Edit: Forgot -- I was going to recommend anyone installing Devel 2 consider an extra hard reset after they finish the flashing process. I know this is standard procedure for many when flashing a new ROM, but I think that hard reset after the freeze might be exactly what was needed to get it running cleanly, since I haven't had a problem since.

Last edited by FaerieFire; 09-28-2007 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Lurker

psikoticsilver is a n00b
I have a problem... this flash is not overwriting my EXT rom, is it supposed to?

If not, do you know where I can find a ext rom which is more specifically tailored for WM6?

(Search is difficult to use and not accurate, I looked as hard as I could, sorry if this has been asked.)
Old 09-28-2007, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

Jeep14 is a n00b
If i Upgrade to this will i have access to DUN via Verizon's Broadband Access?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by psikoticsilver View Post
I have a problem... this flash is not overwriting my EXT rom, is it supposed to?

If not, do you know where I can find a ext rom which is more specifically tailored for WM6?

(Search is difficult to use and not accurate, I looked as hard as I could, sorry if this has been asked.)
Huh? It should have overwritten it blank? what do you see there? Are you sure you installed properly and hard reset per the instructions before the customizations ran?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbryan View Post
Huh? It should have overwritten it blank? what do you see there? Are you sure you installed properly and hard reset per the instructions before the customizations ran?
I thought according to Helmi's WM6, it leaves the EXT. ROM alone, and you just need to manually delete everything in there.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
I thought according to Helmi's WM6, it leaves the EXT. ROM alone, and you just need to manually delete everything in there.
This thread is for Verizonguy's ROM, not Helmi's. I suggest you go read the original post for whichever ROM you installed, do it over, and follow the explicit directions. It will work great after that.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

neo1982 is a n00b
Smile

Short time reader - first time poster!

just thought I'd throw a few pennies in here. I went from stock xv6700 to this alpha 2 build from verizonguy (which btw - instructions were easy and install perfect) - funny enough, i had a reason today to call 911 from my vehicle.

What I found is that placing the 911 call and everything was perfectly fine. went right through conversation took place and hung up. However, what i noticed was that after this phone call, I could no longer place other calls. I went to call my fiance after 911 and found the phone would say "connecting...." then simply stop. I attempted to call a few numbers, but the phone would never get to the "ringing" stage (or even when the timer would start for a phone call). A soft reset later the phone was working again.

hope this helps out. (Not sure if it matters, radio was version 1.41)
Old 09-29-2007, 01:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b
New version of the threaded SMS app for Verizon users is out now (v1.2):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PPC86SI6
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development