PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2007, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

PhilR8 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes, I mean the dreaded hour-long process known as a hard reset, where I wipe my memory clean and have to reinstall all of my favorite programs, toggle the settings to the way I like them, and re-enter all of my exchange server information.

So far with the latest hard reset, I have not installed XCPUScalar, iLauncher, HiCalc, or Yuma's 6700KBFix program. So far, all is well. I might incrementally install all of these programs and then see if (when) my device requires another hard reset; this hopefully will narrow down which program is causing the problem, IF it is any of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the18thtee View Post
Ok, I just want to make sure that when everyone is talking about hard-resetting in this thread, they are actually talking about a true hard-reset... i.e. Clearing all data on the device with the two softkeys and reset button? Not just a soft-reset with the stylus...
The reason I ask is because since using wm6 (the day it was released till now) I have only had to do that once and it was caused (i think) by a sipchange program and/or pcm keyboard. So, if everyone that is having this problem with HTC Home could post all of the programs they have installed, and categorize them by listing the ones that run on startup, the ones w/ active today plug-ins, and the ones that are installed on the storage card, maybe that would help narrow it down to what program is causing the conflict.
Also, if you refer to a post in a diff thread, it is always helpful to provide a link. I know the new search features make it easy to find the posts in reference, but it still would help.
As for me, the only things on my today screen are HTCHome, Today Agenda, and Device Lock (just the stock one).
Nothing is installed on storage card
The only programs running on startup (according to MemMaid) are those that are installed by default. i.e. poutlook.lnk, 228.lnk, custTDYTSK.exe
Old 09-20-2007, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Claro Dominicana

el_venga is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to el_venga
this rom has been great for me, i barely even do a soft-reset. i use internet sharing via bluetooth almost the entire day. HTC Home is running ok for me, currently i only use the program shortcuts like opera mobile, wireless manager, java intent manager, tcpmp, coreplayer, the built-in file explorer, camera, vjcandela, and device lock. everything working flawlessly. i also have windows live, messaging and bluetooth plugins.
as i have seen lots of problems with windows mobile it seems just like the pc windows, pure luck. few weeks ago i couldnt get my windows live inbox synced and it fixed by itself.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:13 PM
dcook32p

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Post Same Problem on Three PPC 6700s

We deployed Helmi's Windows Mobile 6 image to three of our test units in the office. Of those three, only one of them has had this problem. That particular device had not had any additional software installed on it since it was flashed with this ROM.

One of the two remaining devices is still in its default state, as well. It has not exhibited this problem, and HTC Home is being loaded at startup. I also know that this device is rarely charged, so it discharges and then cold boots on recharge frequently.

The third device has had multiple other programs installed on it, but I don't know what they are yet. This device has not experienced the hard reboot problem.

The stock radio firmware is in use on all but the second device (the one in the default state without the problem). It is using 1.41.

Last edited by dcook32p; 09-21-2007 at 10:46 PM. Reason: Corrected the radio firmware version
Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frankenstein897 is a n00b
I am also talking about a hard reset where you have to set everything back up. I don't have anything installed except the WM6 image from helmi_c and the 1.41 radio rom. Once I unchecked the HTC home from my today screen it has been smooth sailing and it works great. I like the HTC home app but I would much rather not hard resetting. I got to the point where I would not configure anything because I had to hard reset so often. Now since I took off the HTC home I have not had to hard reset at all.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Lurker

DuckTape1538 is a n00b
How do you do a Hard Root?
Old 09-24-2007, 04:48 PM
Lurker

DuckTape1538 is a n00b
Hard Reboot... Sorry
Old 09-25-2007, 01:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
Wow, that's weird.

I haven't been here much lately because I got my long-awaited 6800 (Alltel) last week and been mostly in the Titan forum since, but...

Before that, I had Helmi's WM6 running on my Apache (Alltel 6700) for a couple of weeks with the HTC Home plugin running, along with a few other post-flash programs, and in that time I only had to soft reset once... didn't even think about a hard reset. It worked pretty flawlessly for me. Again, weird that you are having these problems.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by schl8man View Post
On the patches thread I posted this problem - and member DC responded with a solution to this by using a boot in safe mode program and during safe mode disable the HTC Home Plug-In and then once you boot up normally check HTC Home and it works without problem.

I followed his fix and to date I have using the Home Plug-In without problem.

I do not know what this fix tells about the problem but the fix works.

Thanks again DC.
Umm, this is not a fix, it's just a program to boot into safemode, so you can uncheck HTC home, so you can boot normally, and not have to hard reset.

I refuse to uncheck HTC Home, I was hard resetting a couple times a week right after flashing to WM6, but ever time I also installed WeatherPanel. After getting fed up w/ continually hard resetting, I stopped installing WP......over 2 weeks now good! and rarely even have to soft reset. I really like WP, but I am now using a weather program from The Weather Channel, it's pretty nice, comparable to WP. If anyone wants to check it out, I've attached it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WeatherChannel.zip (239.4 KB, 30 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 09-25-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Yo, VIP - Let's Kick It!!
Pocket PC: EVO - Rooted & OMJ's Rom

FastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the communityFastRX8 is a trusted member of the community
This problem is not WM6 specific.
I'm running a cooked WM5 rom on 3 phones.
2 of them have this issue. The 3rd, does not, and the only difference I can see is that I included WisBarLite when I cooked the rom for the 3rd phone.
However, installing safemode has allowed me to boot-up and un-check the HTC Home plugin from the Today screen when the 2 phones did lock up.
After I reboot w/o the HTC Plug-in, I just add it back to the Today screen.
Happens about once a week.
Now I noticed a lot of people are associating it to a low battery, so I will monitor the battery level.

I'm also going to try and cook a rom w/ WisBarlite for one of the other phones.
See if that corrects it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

frankenstein897 is a n00b
Yeah, I have HTC off of the today screen for a couple weeks now and it is much more stable. I might try putting the HTC plug-in back on without the WeatherPanel and see if I can run HTC just without the weather.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development