PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

JohnAlderman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

what is 'cricket'? Do I need it?

It sounds as if the ROM you built should work with my Verizon account. Is that right?
Old 07-30-2009, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint /Nextel

PENOYER is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlderman View Post
what is 'cricket'? Do I need it?

It sounds as if the ROM you built should work with my Verizon account. Is that right?
Cricket is another Cell phone provider such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Bell, etc... So in your case you don't need it since you have Verizon...
Old 07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENOYER View Post
Cricket is another Cell phone provider such as Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Bell, etc... So in your case you don't need it since you have Verizon...
That's correct. CricKet users don't "have" to use it either. It's just someone requested a specific CricKet ROM, so I built it.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700
Carrier: Tricom

Kioba is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to Kioba

Men, I want this rom, but megafire server told that the file v2.05 is no longer.
Can you check it please.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:30 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioba View Post
Men, I want this rom, but megafire server told that the file v2.05 is no longer.
Can you check it please.
I just tried them. They worked just fine.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

kalel410 is a n00b

Hi PDAJ! Thanks so much for the 6.1 Works great... except I'm having a slight problem. OK, more than slight. Trying to activate this phone with sprint (it was a former sprint phone that I was given. I updated it with your 6.1 but hadn't activated it yet with spring.) So, tonight, I went through all the sprint activation stuff with sprint. Got my MSL. ##MSL# doesn't do anything in the dialer. However, other codes, work. For example, ##786# brings up the logistics screen, so I know some ## codes do work. But ## followed by my MSL followed by a # does nothing. Still remains at the dialer. I've had two sprint techs trying to figure it out (one of them online and one of them by landline), but they have never seen this happen before. (Then again, they might not have experience with the 6700's running WM6.1.

So, I'm wondering if it has to do with the new rom. I guess if I had activated the phone while still under WM5, I could've upgraded to the 6.1 after the activation and all would be well. I just can't activate it under 6.1

Any ideas? Any tricks to get that code in?

Now, in the event we can't figure this out, do you have a link to one of the WM5 OEM roms so that I can reflash to that, activate with Sprint, and then flash to 6.1 again? I'm hoping not to revert back, because I've already set up a bunch of stuff under 6.1 (e-mail, wifi).

Thanks!

Kalel
Old 08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
Lurker

kalel410 is a n00b

So, after some extensive searching, I found I wasn't alone. Several others running WM6 couldn't activate their phones either due to the dialer not executing the ##MSL# code. The suggestion? Downgrade to wm5, activate phone, then upgrade to wm6. Well, that's what ended up working for me! After downgrading to WM5 (using Sprint's stock ROM), and then successfully activating the phone, I'm now back up to PDAJ's 6.1 rom like I was before the downgrade, and this time, I can use the phone and internet.

Now, the only problem I have with the new WM6.1 installation is that near the end of startup, I'm now getting a "file 'sddaemon' (the smart dialer) cannot be opened" error (the error also says it might be that the sddaemon file isn't signed with a trusted certificate or that one of its components cannot be found) . (The file is indeed sitting in the Windows\Startup dir.)

Note that I didn't have that problem the prior time I loaded that 6.1 ROM before. Just this time (after my downgrade to WM5 and re-upgrade to WM6.1)

Why this time? Is the sddaemon file an actual wm6 file? or a leftover from when I downgraded to WM5? i.e., does flashing to WM6.1 wipe out _all_ files that were previously on the phone? If so, I have no idea why it's complaining about this file now.

Kalel

Last edited by kalel410; 08-07-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Lurker

kalel410 is a n00b

So, now that I have WM6.1 with the sddaemon file error, I decided to try an experiment...

I pulled out all the files sitting in Windows\Startup and tried to reflash WM6.1, and this time, no sddaemon file errors on startup. However, this time, the flashing went really quickly, with no installing cabs/packages afterwards. And Windows\Startup is now empty.

This means that re-flashing WM6.1 over an existing WM6.1 system doesn't reload the cabs like it did before and it didn't restore anything to Windows\Startup (i.e., that dir is still empty), assuming that WM6.1 was set to have files in Windows\Startup in the first place and not just carry them over from the old WM5 installation.

How can one re-flash WM6.1 and force cabs to be restarted after the ROM transfer is done?

And PDAJ, does your WM6.1 ROM put files into Windows\Startup? or is it ok to have it empty by default? If not, how should I get the required files back in there (without having to flash to an older ROM first)?

Kalel

Last edited by kalel410; 08-07-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Added a question to PDAJ about the Startup dir in his ROM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:02 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Threadstarter

Hi Kale. Flash the ROM then do a hard reset right after it's done. My ROM does have files in the Startup folder, one for poutlook, wlmupdate etc.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Lurker

kalel410 is a n00b

Yeah, you know what? I think this past time I had flashed to your new ROM, I might not have done the hard reset (and therefore, no customizations). Hmmm. Well, I've been flashing so much tonight, that that time, I might've just forgotten to do just that.

Anyway, doing the hard reset now. Will let you know how it goes.

Thx!

Kalel

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development