View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
kalel410
Lurker

kalel410 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

So, after some extensive searching, I found I wasn't alone. Several others running WM6 couldn't activate their phones either due to the dialer not executing the ##MSL# code. The suggestion? Downgrade to wm5, activate phone, then upgrade to wm6. Well, that's what ended up working for me! After downgrading to WM5 (using Sprint's stock ROM), and then successfully activating the phone, I'm now back up to PDAJ's 6.1 rom like I was before the downgrade, and this time, I can use the phone and internet.

Now, the only problem I have with the new WM6.1 installation is that near the end of startup, I'm now getting a "file 'sddaemon' (the smart dialer) cannot be opened" error (the error also says it might be that the sddaemon file isn't signed with a trusted certificate or that one of its components cannot be found) . (The file is indeed sitting in the Windows\Startup dir.)

Note that I didn't have that problem the prior time I loaded that 6.1 ROM before. Just this time (after my downgrade to WM5 and re-upgrade to WM6.1)

Why this time? Is the sddaemon file an actual wm6 file? or a leftover from when I downgraded to WM5? i.e., does flashing to WM6.1 wipe out _all_ files that were previously on the phone? If so, I have no idea why it's complaining about this file now.

Kalel

Last edited by kalel410; 08-07-2009 at 01:21 AM.