View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 01:44 AM
kalel410
Lurker

kalel410 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.1 ROM 4 Apache

So, now that I have WM6.1 with the sddaemon file error, I decided to try an experiment...

I pulled out all the files sitting in Windows\Startup and tried to reflash WM6.1, and this time, no sddaemon file errors on startup. However, this time, the flashing went really quickly, with no installing cabs/packages afterwards. And Windows\Startup is now empty.

This means that re-flashing WM6.1 over an existing WM6.1 system doesn't reload the cabs like it did before and it didn't restore anything to Windows\Startup (i.e., that dir is still empty), assuming that WM6.1 was set to have files in Windows\Startup in the first place and not just carry them over from the old WM5 installation.

How can one re-flash WM6.1 and force cabs to be restarted after the ROM transfer is done?

And PDAJ, does your WM6.1 ROM put files into Windows\Startup? or is it ok to have it empty by default? If not, how should I get the required files back in there (without having to flash to an older ROM first)?

Kalel

Last edited by kalel410; 08-07-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Added a question to PDAJ about the Startup dir in his ROM.