PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 12:41 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Ack, had my 1st phone freeze today.
Which, I'm not sure, but may be due to hardware, as this phone (6700) was prone to freezing.

Then again, never had a freeze with the latest release of WM5, 3.5 AKU.

Will wait and see....
I have been experiencing freezing problems with my PPC-6700 since I installed WM6 on Saturday. The frustrating part is that upon soft reset, it would just hang on the green Windows Mobile Splash Screen and never load. Each time it would require a hard reset, so I had the pleasure of configuring the device on multiple occasions!

I decided to try a Safe Mode program, so at least I would have a chance to recover when it froze. I loaded a program called Monocube (www.monocube.com), as it offered a 14-day trial period. When the device froze, I went into Monocube Safe Mode and was able to access the device (remove programs, change settings, etc.). I tried removing programs one by one, but each time I removed a program and soft reset it would still hang on the WM Splash Screen. I then un-checked the HTC Home Today Plug-in and the device finally loaded properly.

I don't know if this will resolve the freezing problem others are indicating, but un-checking the HTC Home Today Plug-in seems to have resolved my issues thus far.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

PMCarey is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMCarey View Post
I know this is a really dumb question but work with me here...can anyone give me a little more detailed instructions on how to instal wm6. I havent used my phone much and dont really know how to work it. any help would be great. thanks
I know this is a noob question but i have read through the thread and have followed hemi's instructions as best i can but it doesnt seem to work. All the post mke this out to be an extremely easy upgrade but i am having trouble. I have to learn somehow and i hoped this was the place to come to get help. So if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

microfirmz1 is a n00b
Sdhc

has anyone trid using SDHC cards on the WM6ed apache? I heard of other devices that got the update with WM6.

Please post.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frieked View Post
First of all, Great work Helmi, my coworkers and I are all running this rom and loving it.

My boss however dropped his newly upgraded Verizon XV6700 and it broke. The replacement he got has a bootloader with version 2.02. Can someone tell me which version he should be using?
You should use the standard Verizon version (non-1.02) posted on the first post...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: AT&T

hefman is a n00b
Quote:
I know this is a noob question but i have read through the thread and have followed hemi's instructions as best i can but it doesnt seem to work. All the post mke this out to be an extremely easy upgrade but i am having trouble. I have to learn somehow and i hoped this was the place to come to get help. So if anyone can help me i would really appreciate it.
It is easy. But when you say you "followed helmi's instructions", can you post more detail about the steps you took and where you encountered problems? Your question is a little too vague for a simple answer, so you'll probably need to be more specific to get the help you need. You might start with what OS you are trying to run the upgrade on (Windows XP, Vista, etc.)...
Old 09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Lurker

magyk is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by magyk View Post
I put this on on Friday and I love it! Great work helmi! I plan on donated to the cause in the near future as well.

Only problem that i have seen so far, is that my dialer is all black except for the area where it shows if the call is connected and the little icons. That area is the old blue color, and the rest of the screen is black.

Is there a way to fix that little bit of color?
can anyone help me fix this issue? this is really the only problem that i am having. everything else works great.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Freezing - Safe Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I have been experiencing freezing problems with my PPC-6700 since I installed WM6 on Saturday. The frustrating part is that upon soft reset, it would just hang on the green Windows Mobile Splash Screen and never load. Each time it would require a hard reset, so I had the pleasure of configuring the device on multiple occasions!

I decided to try a Safe Mode program, so at least I would have a chance to recover when it froze. I loaded a program called Monocube (www.monocube.com), as it offered a 14-day trial period. When the device froze, I went into Monocube Safe Mode and was able to access the device (remove programs, change settings, etc.). I tried removing programs one by one, but each time I removed a program and soft reset it would still hang on the WM Splash Screen. I then un-checked the HTC Home Today Plug-in and the device finally loaded properly.

I don't know if this will resolve the freezing problem others are indicating, but un-checking the HTC Home Today Plug-in seems to have resolved my issues thus far.

I like Pocket Plus for this. (Though with the HTC today plug-in, I'll turn off the Pocket Plus today feature). Pocket Plus gets you a safe-mode boot feature, plus I like the CLOSE-ALL feature I can assign to a button instead of dealing with the tiny X in the upper right. WM6 made that part better, but still didn't get it right.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 PM
Lurker

PMCarey is a n00b
I have xp. I know how to get it in bootloader mode, so i have done that but where i have the problem is i do not know how to load the new rom onto the phone. I also know how to hard reset, it is just the instal that i cant figure out and of course it is the most important part
Old 09-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid Eris
Carrier: Verizon

Gervy is a n00b
Save State Of Phone - Off Topic, I Know...

Off topic, I know, but does anyone know of an all that will save the state of my phone?

I want to experiment with re-loading my WM5 rom (Helmi's Kitchen), but don't want to have to reconfigure everything once I go back to WM6 again.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Quote:
I have xp. I know how to get it in bootloader mode, so i have done that but where i have the problem is i do not know how to load the new rom onto the phone. I also know how to hard reset, it is just the instal that i cant figure out and of course it is the most important part
Once you get into bootloader, you're screen will go black and you'll see "Serial" written on it. Connect the phone to your cradle. You'll see "USB" written on the screen now. After you extract the exe from the rom .rar, run the exe. It will then tell you what to do. Once finished, make sure you hard reset (you'll see the "Press Y to restore to factory" screen.)
And in the kitchen, bind them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development