dc
PPCGeeks Regular

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Ack, had my 1st phone freeze today.
Which, I'm not sure, but may be due to hardware, as this phone (6700) was prone to freezing.

Then again, never had a freeze with the latest release of WM5, 3.5 AKU.

Will wait and see....
I have been experiencing freezing problems with my PPC-6700 since I installed WM6 on Saturday. The frustrating part is that upon soft reset, it would just hang on the green Windows Mobile Splash Screen and never load. Each time it would require a hard reset, so I had the pleasure of configuring the device on multiple occasions!

I decided to try a Safe Mode program, so at least I would have a chance to recover when it froze. I loaded a program called Monocube (www.monocube.com), as it offered a 14-day trial period. When the device froze, I went into Monocube Safe Mode and was able to access the device (remove programs, change settings, etc.). I tried removing programs one by one, but each time I removed a program and soft reset it would still hang on the WM Splash Screen. I then un-checked the HTC Home Today Plug-in and the device finally loaded properly.

I don't know if this will resolve the freezing problem others are indicating, but un-checking the HTC Home Today Plug-in seems to have resolved my issues thus far.