PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5
Carrier: Sprint

skagwaypilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
You should look into S2U. This would be a better solution for the time being if you only had problems with the lock of 6.5.
I appears that S2U is a part of 6.5. The unlock function is a slider. However, the slider is locked by the incoming call screen and can't be unlocked until the incoming call is routed to Voicemail by pressing the "End Call" button.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Yes, the OS drop down still shows 6.1, but the OS that is flashed is WM6.5. I'm guessing that it's a bug with the config file for 21501 where it pulls that info from.
Just a naming error. Fixed in the next release.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagwaypilot View Post
I appears that S2U is a part of 6.5. The unlock function is a slider. However, the slider is locked by the incoming call screen and can't be unlocked until the incoming call is routed to Voicemail by pressing the "End Call" button.
Nope, it appears but they are distinctively different. The one in 6.5 is as far as I am aware, solely Microsoft's software. They share the same methods, and same concepts but they are not the same. S2U may in fact even work better than the current build of Microsoft's Unlock Application.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 04-30-2009, 06:45 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5
Carrier: Sprint

skagwaypilot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Nope, it appears but they are distinctively different. The one in 6.5 is as far as I am aware, solely Microsoft's software. They share the same methods, and same concepts but they are not the same. S2U may in fact even work better than the current build of Microsoft's Unlock Application.
HMMM Might be worth trying.. Does S2U completely override the Microsoft lock? Any undesired effects?
Other than the locking function, what has been your experience with 6.5?
Old 04-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6700
Carrier: Alltel

mikenbetts is a n00b

Last night I went through the complete BuildOS procedure. Per the recommendation in "Tips and Tricks", I created a simple configuration for my HTC6700 using your PPCKitchen and the upgrade went flawlessly! Today, armed with the confidence that I now knew how to configure my PPC, I re-ran BuildOS to add a few more features. The process went smoothly all the way to the point when I got the pop-up screen with the picture of the Apache and the simple directions on how to proceed with the actual flash update. Almost immediately after I pressed the next button, the "blue screen of death" appeared on my laptop as it crashed and rebooted. My PPC 6700 now appears to be completely incapacitated. Dark screen with the faint letters "Serial V1.00". It won't soft reset and it won't hard reset. Of course I no longer have my activesync connection to my laptop so re-running BuildOS is not an option. Is there any way to salvage this tragic situation?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 04-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc 6700
Carrier: Alltel

mikenbetts is a n00b

Last night I sucessfully upgraded my PPC6700 from WM5 to WM6.5. Using the PPCKitchen the process went flawlessly!. Per the recommendations in "Tips and Tricks" I created and flashed a simple configuration just to learn the BuildOS process. Today I went back to my build and added additional features that I want on my 6700. The new configuration properly went through the build process right up until I got the pop-up screen with the picture of the 6700 and the remaining simple instructions on how to complete the flash update. Almost immediately after I pushed the next button I got the "blue screen of death" on my laptop as it crashed and rebooted. When I checked the 6700, the screen was blacked out with only the faint image "Serial V1.00" and it now will not soft reset or hard reset. Ofcourse I no longer have an active sync connection so re-running the flash procedure seems to be out of the question. Is there any way to resolve this tragic situation or have I just created an expensive paperweight?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
Lurker

stubee is a n00b

to get out of bootloader you can try this:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-304408.html

saved me a couple times.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

Is there a way in BuildOS to select the Regional Setting, especially for those outside the US?
Old 05-03-2009, 02:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

Phone Boost Issue - just worked out why my CPU has been running at 100%, it is due to phoneservice.exe which is installed if you select Phone Boost. It was running at around 0% until I restored my text messages from PIM Backup, then it just uses whatever CPU is available did it in both 6.1 and 6.5. Removed now running just like new.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

webdev511 is a n00b

I know I'm late to the party, but I just dug up my Apache and flashed it with this kitchen. It's an improvement for sure, but I think the new UI is better suited on devices with a flush faces.

Sure, I can't wait to get this on my Omnia, but it sure is nice to pull out the Apache. I don't think anyone realized just how long a life it was going to have.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development