PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5
Carrier: Sprint

skagwaypilot is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

Quote:
Sure, I can't wait to get this on my Omnia, but it sure is nice to pull out the Apache. I don't think anyone realized just how long a life it was going to have.
I agree..
I'm still on 6.1 (which is much better than the original 5.x) but MS Voice Command and my new MOTOROKR T505 have given my Apache new function..
Why spend the money for a new phone when the Apache does all the things I need and can still have the latest software when the occasion arises. .. ??
But, some day, we won't be able to get an exchange when it finally goes "TU"
( 'Tits Up") and I'll have to move on.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagwaypilot View Post
HMMM Might be worth trying.. Does S2U completely override the Microsoft lock? Any undesired effects?
Other than the locking function, what has been your experience with 6.5?
Sorry for the delay in replying. No, S2U does not affect or interfere with the standard locking application. They don't even know each other is there.
There has not been any side-effects for every build I have used so far, now on the 3rd different build of 6.5, and other than any phone-related functionality, they work fine together. I can't test the S2Answer or End or any of the phone features with the Apache, so I can't speak for those one way or another.
As for 6.5's general use. I have not gone back to 6.1. There are some things that I don't like, one of those mainly being Windows Live and using a *@hotmail.com email account is nearly like pulling teeth, but other than that I have no issues. Call me crazy, but I have run several beta and alpha products on the latest build out, and never had any problems. Speaks highly of both Spb and Skyfire, as well as 6.5, don't you say?
6.5 is really a great job done for Microsoft. They really have done a lot of great things around the UI, but I still can't wait for WM7.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,

Last edited by PocketPcUser; 05-08-2009 at 11:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Telkom Kenya

acornkenya is a n00b

I really appreciate the guys who did the 21501 ROM.its really great.However,I have been having issues every time i select samsung direct D3D drivers.I get File create errorC:/Documents and Settings/UserXP/Application Data/hIq Inc/PPC-BuildOS/9.05.3.0Temp/temp/dump/D3DMXSc50PB.dll).What could the problem be?i would love to include the drivers in the ROM
Old 05-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VERIZON XV6700
Carrier: VERIZON

BUFFY33604 is a n00b

Have you cooked a kitchen for Apache xv6700 verizon ver 2.05. If so please direct me to the thread
Old 05-11-2009, 02:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: Telkom Kenya

acornkenya is a n00b

Theres a problem with TCPMP's equalizer/pre amp.If its enabled,all you get is a loud hiss.Any ideas on how this could be solved?My phone is a ppc 6700
Old 05-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

is 21501 more stable / faster than 20755?
Old 05-16-2009, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
is 21501 more stable / faster than 20755?
21501 works on the apache, but is buggy and can be slow, just due to the memory limits of the device. You would be better off going with the latest build of WM6.1, 21042 instead as it has been faster and more stable and WM6.5
Old 05-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

webdev511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
21501 works on the apache, but is buggy and can be slow, just due to the memory limits of the device. You would be better off going with the latest build of WM6.1, 21042 instead as it has been faster and more stable and WM6.5
I agree. The lip around the Apache's screen makes it much easier to use the stylus or joystick to navigate than a finger.

In hindsight, I wish I had skipped the Omnia just stuck with my Apache on a 6.1 ROM.
Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdev511 View Post
I agree. The lip around the Apache's screen makes it much easier to use the stylus or joystick to navigate than a finger.

In hindsight, I wish I had skipped the Omnia just stuck with my Apache on a 6.1 ROM.
I'm waiting to find out if/when the TP2 is coming to Verizon as I can currently upgrade, but I don't really want the Touch Pro if it's going to be replaced this fall.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

tehrob is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Speaks highly of both Spb and Skyfire, as well as 6.5, don't you say? =D>
6.5 is really a great job done for Microsoft. They really have done a lot of great things around the UI, but I still can't wait for WM7.
I agree, what it looks like and what I hope for, is that this is the front end makeover to get the people to stay interested in the platform visually, and what I really hope is that the backend gets an entirely new look in WinMo 7. Right now with the middleground of "well it still has tabs, but you can switch the tabs by swiping your finger" and "we have put a bit of padding around everything so you can touch it with your fingers and don't usually need the stylus" are nice things. I applaud them for realizing and coming up with a new way to do it, but in the future, please take a look at some of your control panels and make them look behave and feel more like the new PIE interface.

Also, I know newer phones have more memory, and there are third party solutions to solve the problem, and a built in solution through Task Manager, but could you please by default offer an exit menu item, or closing the application rather than just hiding it in the background. I understand when my music player has to keep playing, but so far as I know nothing too active is ever going on with internet explorer that you can't just save state, and shut down.

The new slider menu as the default is nice, but I wish it could be in some way incorporated with 3rd party addons. It is either the new menu or nothing by default, and if you even want to use a weather addon, you have to load all of your others too cause you can only use one or the other. This is sad, they could have easily given developers a way to add on to this, and maybe they have and I just haven't looked into it enough.

Overall, aside from some memory issues I have had and dealt with, this seems to be a solid OS, and will suffice until 7 comes out, or I buy something else I like better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development