PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.5 build 21501 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanuar View Post
I had same issue. I selected minimum option including windows 6.5 widget and 10 command wireless manager for apache. I use bootloader Rev v1.00 and RUU: NoID with Sprint Carrier. Do you know where the problem is?
Not really sure what the problem may be unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richdem View Post
Thanks for your help guys, I have the PPCKitchen application installed, I have had a play with it. Is it really as simple as starting a new project, choosing what you want in the ROM then building it & installing it? I have read in various places that you have to first put the device in bootloader mode, is this correct & is there any way of backing up my existing ROM in case I want to revert back to it.

I am a little nervous of making my pda a brick !!!!

Many thanks

Richard
It really is about as simple as you think. I always put my phone into bootloader mode before flashing it, though I think the RUU may be able to do it for you, not sure on that one. If you're currently running a stock ROM on your phone, you would be able to redownload it (there are links around for them) and flash it back to your phone. The other stuff on there (contacts, pictures, etc.) you should sync with your computer before flashing so that you have it all, and so that it can be put back on your phone with the new ROM. To save text messages and other non-activesync stuff, you can use PIMBackup to save it.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5
Carrier: Sprint

skagwaypilot is a n00b

I just installed 6.5 21501 in my Apache. - Only one problem so far. I can't answer the phone with the device locked. The screen pops up showing that there is a call but the hard and soft 'Answer' buttons do not work. The hard 'Call End' button functions correctly -it silences the ring and routes the call to voicemail. The soft 'Ignore' button on the screen does not work.
Any ideas??
Old 04-25-2009, 11:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue & apache

mr4r4n is becoming a great contributor

its funny on my apache i get the problem sporadically on all WM6.1 and 6.5 builds, worse is when its locked under 6.1 it will silently crash at random and when i get the call buttom problems i would say it would be at least 2 or 3 out of 5 calls sometimes better sometimes worse i stoped screen locking all together
Old 04-26-2009, 02:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache 6700
Carrier: Bell

Richdem is a n00b

Well I did it, cooked up a ROM based on WM6.5 with the Kitchen App, it was really easy. It only upgraded the OS ROM so I never even lost my settings for Bell. Is there any benefit upgrading the Radio as mine is currently 1.14?

Off to cook some more ROM'S !!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Is it just me, or does the Updater still download WM6.1? I did a fresh install, and I selected the last Build and the required files, but when B.OS came up, it only listed Device WM6.1 Apache and it only lists WM6.1 under the OS Drop-down menu.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 04-26-2009, 05:02 PM
VIP Member

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Is it just me, or does the Updater still download WM6.1? I did a fresh install, and I selected the last Build and the required files, but when B.OS came up, it only listed Device WM6.1 Apache and it only lists WM6.1 under the OS Drop-down menu.
I'm not one of the coders, but even though it says WM6.1, the latest build is definitely WM6.5. Just make sure to select the 21501 QVGA text file to base it off of.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment 1.5
Carrier: Sprint

skagwaypilot is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagwaypilot View Post
I just installed 6.5 21501 in my Apache. - Only one problem so far. I can't answer the phone with the device locked. The screen pops up showing that there is a call but the hard and soft 'Answer' buttons do not work. The hard 'Call End' button functions correctly -it silences the ring and routes the call to voicemail. The soft 'Ignore' button on the screen does not work.
Any ideas??
Well... I gave up on 6.5. I'm back on 6.1 - Build 21042.6.1
I liked the new screens but I need to lock my phone to prevent inadvertent calls.. and you can't answer a call with the phone locked. The screen which pops up showing an incoming call blocks access to the 'Unlock' slider.
I'll stay on 6.1 until that bug is fixed.

I'm a 'Lurker' ??? That sounds sinister.. However, my wife agrees with my 'Reputation'.

Last edited by skagwaypilot; 04-26-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by skagwaypilot View Post
Well... I gave up on 6.5. I'm back on 6.1 - Build 21042.6.1
I liked the new screens but I need to lock my phone to prevent inadvertent calls.. and you can't answer a call with the phone locked. The screen which pops up showing an incoming call blocks access to the 'Unlock' slider.
I'll stay on 6.1 until that bug is fixed.

I'm a 'Lurker' ??? That sounds sinister.. However, my wife agrees with my 'Reputation'.
You should look into S2U. This would be a better solution for the time being if you only had problems with the lock of 6.5.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I'm not one of the coders, but even though it says WM6.1, the latest build is definitely WM6.5. Just make sure to select the 21501 QVGA text file to base it off of.
Do you mean that your drop-down menu for BuildOS says WM6.1 but still flashes to 6.5?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM
VIP Member

Yes, the OS drop down still shows 6.1, but the OS that is flashed is WM6.5. I'm guessing that it's a bug with the config file for 21501 where it pulls that info from.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development