PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071117_1 Bugs/Patches

Quote:
A new kitchen has been released.

Please check if issues with this kitchen continue on the revised 20071217 version, and post to the new bugs thread if they do. Bugs not expressly indicated as being fixed are likely to carry over, but we will need to confirm that.
This is the bug collection thread for the Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.1908 (Build 18508.0.7.0) 071117_1. I'll gather bugs into this first message, so folks don't need to poke all over to find them. Please note that this thread is for bugs occurring in the ROMs produced via the kitchen, the file contents of it's OEM packages, or problems with their configuration or interaction. Bugs related to BuildOS,the tool used to compile/flash the ROM images, should be posted to it's bug thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa
BuildOS problems are generally these: Kitchen Installation fails, kitchen shortcuts don't work, application fails to start, Application exits with error msg XXX, unexplainable errors during build or startup, added OEMs don't show in BuildOS, visual display problems in BuildOS, Boot issues (white screen on PPC), and corrupt boot splash.
=== Bugs ===
If you have a bug let us know. Please...
Be specific.
Provide steps to reproduce, including details of any customizations you have made.
Post your "Apache_Helmi_WM6 Selections.txt" file, so relevant BuildOS selections can be replicated.
Uncomfirmed Bugs
  • "server cert is wrong"?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by obsidian440 View Post
    I'm having trouble getting my direct push to work again with my exchange server. We are using 2007 with a self-signed ssl cert. On wm5 I was able to use the registry changes along with importing the cert manually to make it work. With my new upgrade I am now getting the message "server cert is wrong". I was unable to find any real answer searching google and these forums. I have tried to manually import the cert and doing the registry change but I'm still running into the same problem.

To be more specific, without the registry change, I get a message stating the server is the wrong name, with the registry it just tells me the certificate is wrong. I have checked all date/time settings on both my server and my phone, both match exactly. I have full access to the exchange server and phone.
Confirmed Bugs
  • Vogue Dialer OEM Causes Dialer to Popup on Application Close
    Quote:
    I have the HTC Vogue dialer and a fairly basic ROM installed from the kitchen. As I was setting up everything it seems the screen kept returning to the dialer view (sometimes the keypad and other times the in call screen).
  • Simple PIN Locks Up Phone?
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
    Soft reset your device while it is enabled.. then let the password screen fully load. I tested it by just setting the password. It happens nearly every time after a soft reset, and randomly when the device is put to sleep.

Edit:

More detailed Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to settings and lock
    2. Select Simple PIN as your password type and set a password of at least 5 digits
    3. Soft reset your phone
    4. Wait for the device to fully load (IE the tool bar theme has loaded and the phone has found a signal)
    5. Now try to unlock the phone with your pin.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
    ...yes I was able to confirm your report by doing a soft reset with password enabled (had similar lockup problems whether it was simple pin or regular password). I could never reproduce that behavior just with a simple inactivity timeout, but I know you said that was random. But it definitely occurred after every soft reset.

I flashed back to every iteration of helmi's wm6 ROM I had and they all suffered that issue. Seems to be some sort of timeout issue... like the device is waiting for "something" once you click unlock, and when it doesn't happen in x amount of time the device gives up and proceeds anyway. That's what it "seems" like anyway--I could be way off base.

I had helmi confirm that it does not occur on the Universal (which is the closest device hardware-wise to the Apache). So it's either a driver issue or something in the registry that's causing it. Hopeully we'll get to the bottom of it soon.
    Quote:
    Hmm I saw the same hang whether I did Simple PIN or Strong Alphanumeric. Have others been able to solve this by choosing Strong Alphanumeric?
  • HTC Task Manager Interferes with Taskbar Battery Meter
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
    I have just flashed my phone from the new kitchen and noticed that the battery meter in the upper right portion of the phone does not work. When I tap on top of it then it should take me to the battery meter but it does not. This used to work in the VZG kitchen.
    Quote:
    It's due to HTC Task Manager (X-button) IIRC.
Known Resolutions
  • New bootscreen tools give boot image green tinge
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wizzard View Post
    The only problem I have now is with the "Boot Splash." It seems to have a greenish tinge to the picture, even though it is black and white! I used the converter to save it and it worked better than just a plain .jpg, which was all green.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
    Ok, turns out it was broken for both converters, and I had only fixed one before. New build has been posted.

For the curious, it's actually a bug based on the low order Red color bits. Windows manipulated the pixel value on my behalf in order to distribute accumulated error when moving from a low color depth to a higher color depth. My logic assumed the pixel value I put in would be the pixel value I got out (sounds reasonable, doesn't it?), so when it wasn't things went awry. You see the artifact as green because the low order red bits were writing on top of the high order green bits. By pure chance, green does not write on blue because of an election I took in the code. Blue doesn't have a color after it to overwrite. So, the only color getting messed up is green, which explains why all the artifacts were green.
    Fix available in BuildOS thread.
  • PocketCM Theme Issues
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by reeg420 View Post
    PocketCM doesnt show the touch skin. It showed up by default in earlier oem rar file. I opened the files up and it shows both touch and theme as cmt files but doesnt show in themes setting in CM.

I ended up just using the oem files from the earlier one which had the skin since most of the newer oems in there I dont use anyway.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kolano View Post
    Yes, it appears that the latest kitchen updated to PocketCM .16 (development). In my case only the "Black" and "White" skins seem to do anything, all other themes result in the "White" theme being used.

I'm not sure yet if the issues seen are due to a partially implemented OEM or the developmental status of .16 as of yet. Since we missed listing this in the changelog I'm guessing the former.
  • HTC Home and HTC task manager conflicts
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alpine View Post
    I've had major conflicts with the HTC Home plugin and the HTC task manager from the kitchen (both versions). When I boot up the system hangs when I press the task manager X. This only happens when the Home plugin is installed.

To get around this I installed HTC Home v2.1.1005.722 and the updated Home DLL that removes the ID check for it to display on the Today screen.
    cab here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=v2.1.1005.722

Updated DLL here:
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=146

Updated version by BtT with the modified DLL included:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=191

Last edited by Kolano; 12-17-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Kolano is becoming a great contributor
=== Updated OEMs===
  • Update SPB Pocket Plus OEM (to 4.01)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajgalbraith98 View Post
    Special thanks to jsavin

Pocket PC: XV-6700

Who took me to SPB Club where my poking around got the answer that the PocketPlusTouch.dll is repeated in two spots
    (I thought it was a mistake and got rid of the wierd one..thus causing the bug of no smartscrolling)

The fixed OEM in all it's glory is at http://www.ajgalbraith98.com/ppcgeek...1_11-18-07.rar

Also if you would like it to register your key number open the folder and
    then the RGU file and find [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0B9E877C-7ECA-4790-9BE3-EE1F2566BEF8}]

Add the following DIRECTLY under that line
    @="Spb Buttons Extension"
    "APISet"="YOUR-CODE-WITH-DASHES"
    "Application"=dword:a9401b68
    "Version"=dword:00000000

and bake away

also

SPB Plus 4.02 is comming soon with bug fixes, so please be aware that if you feel it locks up your today screen, it's not my OEM...

--ajgalbraith98
Other OEM add-ons can be found via the PPCGeeks FTP, though only OEMs that update existing Kitchen components will be discussed here.
=== Requests ====== Prior Kitchen Updates ===
Thanks everyone from the prior bug threads for helping address many of these issues from the Kitchen Change Log:
Kitchen 071117_1 ChangesPPCGeeks OEMs Rev4 Changes
  • Added HTC Large Titlebar
  • Added HTC Action Screen
  • Added HTC Random Access
  • Fixed Touch Keyboard word completion
  • Fixed RC Mod homepage url
  • Renamed png's in Slide2Unlock .85 so as not to conflict with other OEMs
  • Removed SprintTV. (updates/breaks too often. use a cab. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12622)
  • Updated Advanced Configuration to version 1.1
  • Added MultiStatus Today plugin (Thanks Verizonguy)
  • Updated Microsoft Live Search to latest version.
  • Added RegLogger
  • Added WM Wifi Router
  • Updated HTC Album
  • Added HTC Home 2.1.1005.722. Fixes weather issues. Not compatible with HTC Home Customizer yet.
  • Fixed HTC Home 2.0.814.722 weather tab.
  • PocketIRC default server changed to freenode.
  • Updated WkTask to 1.1.7.0
PPCGeeks OEMs Rev3 Changes=== Prior Bug Threads ===

Last edited by Kolano; 12-16-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

tr2518 is becoming a great contributor
And the crowds roar!!!!! You guys ROCK!!!!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I was hopeful to get HTC Home 2.0 to load with this update but it still hangs up @ 25% complete during the flash process. By simply unchecking the Home 2.0 and selecting Home 1.5, I was able to load the ROM. Selections are attached...
Attached Files
File Type: txt HTCHome2_Helmi_WM6_Selections.txt (3.7 KB, 74 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by tr2518 View Post
Well, I was hopeful to get HTC Home 2.0 to load with this update but it still hangs up @ 25% complete during the flash process. By simply unchecking the Home 2.0 and selecting Home 1.5, I was able to load the ROM. Selections are attached...
Well the obvious first thing to try excluding would be:

ffffffff-5d28-4fa0-abe8-9bd3e1e44836, True, My Personal OEM

Also try eliminating the Additional_Themes OEM--it is quite large and might be making your ROM too full.

When you say it hangs up at 25%, how long have you tried just leaving it alone? What RUU app are you using?
Old 11-17-2007, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

This is actually the first time that I ever used the Personal OEM (btw it is GREAT!!!). I've had the same problem since the first WM6 Kitchen release. I also went in and deleted most of the themes from the folder prior to building the kitchen. I wrote about this problem a couple of days ago as well and uploaded the selections and BuildOS to the FTP site.

I'm using the No ID RUU because I had to go back to BL 2.02. I had upgraded to the new VZ ROM.

I've let it run for up to 30 minutes with no success.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: spcs

nickm is a n00b
not really a bug,
But what is the jumble of words just below the tool bar at the top right corner?
Old 11-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
When I try to cook a ROM the error message comes up "unknown carrier" which I have just selected "OK."

Last question, on the picture for the "welcomehead.96.png" when I put one in qvga and then select it for the second splash screen it comes up as an exception and asks me if I want to continue??? Can I just put it in the "patches" folder and have it load when the ROM is cooked?

Thanks for the great new kitchen!!!!!!!

Last edited by Wizzard; 11-18-2007 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
The "unknown carrier" is just letting you know about the blank carrier line I forgot to take out of selections.txt. It'll stop doing that after you select a carrier from the dropdown list and save. It's not an error, just a warning.

The exception you get means the new "second splash" isn't quite ready yet, and yes, as a workaround you can place the welcomehead.96.png in your Patches folder for now.

Just to doublecheck for GGuru... What format is the image in that you're trying to use for second splash (jpg, gif, png, etc) and what size is it? second splash should usually be 320x320. Also, anything else you can tell us about the exception message would be helpful. Should be a message just above the buttons.

Last edited by tiermann; 11-18-2007 at 01:31 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
I don't see the password lockup issue in the list of fixes or in a list of known issues.. Should I assume it is still present?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development