PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

?GotJazz? is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

First off - You guys are doing a fabulous job! Just when I think that the Kitchen couldn't get any better, y'all prove me wrong! =D>

Onto a few bugs:

1) S2U2 (0.99p) doesn't work reliably. I have had numerous occasions where pressing the power button 'on' doesn't engage S2U2 like it normally would. In addition, I have problems where S2U2 doesn't lock the buttons, so I get accidental redials. Note: I installed S2U2 manually, not through the Kitchen (as I always do, so I can install S2U2 updates later).

2) Overall, my XV6700 is a little less stable with WM6.1 than I had with the last official WM6 Kitchen:
  • I have problems where phone calls sometimes aren't getting canceled properly when I press the red hang-up button. Occasionally, I actually need to reset the phone to disconnect a call.
  • Battery drainage is more significant, even though acbPowerMeter shows a lower idle current (50 mA, at lowest drain). I suspect that my phone may be coming out of idle more frequently, for some reason.
  • The HTC Task Manager 2.x still causes my phone to randomly lock-up regardless of whether I press the Task Manager drop-down box on the Today screen, or not. And, I still can't get to the Task Manager Settings (Same as with WM6). I now run without the HTC Task Mananger 2.0, and the phone hasn't locked-up since. Note: I installed HTC Task Manager 2.0.31261 via the Kitchen, and also installed manually, with the exact same results. Maybe something has changed with the latest kitchen that I downloaded today, but I haven't tried it yet.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I'm afraid the holodeck will be society's last invention. - Scott Adams

¿GotJazz?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc92 View Post
I am getting the following error after trying to login to BuildOS:
----
Internal Error.
[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
Unable to connect to the remote server.
----
This worked before and it remember my credientials so is this just a network issue? After looking at the threads for idea I did find anything in my searches that noted the fix.

Since the time it worked I have run the updater, days have past, dev software on my pc was updated, updater has been run again today.

Thanks for any help! I like the new ROM - thanks for all the efforts to those directly involved and the forum contributions.
The first line can be ignored...the SQL server truly isn't accessible anymore.
The second line is the problem...for whatever reason, the http request is not finding it's way to the server. Try running again?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervy View Post
Hmmm.... what IP or domain is it attempting to connect to?
My port 80 should be wide open, so I'm wondering what could be blocking it from work (maybe Content filtering for some reason).

GErvy
Can you join chat from work?
Old 03-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

cleblanc92 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The first line can be ignored...the SQL server truly isn't accessible anymore.
The second line is the problem...for whatever reason, the http request is not finding it's way to the server. Try running again?
The problem presists but I just tried it from another PC and it's working. I'll have to debug that machine further but at least I can updare the ROM again. Thanks for the quick feedback!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox PPC6700

SkyRydr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
This has nothing to do with your PPCGeeks login. You can use the same username if you like, but choose a different password. I think this has been brought up several times in this thread. Changing your password at PPCGeeks.com will have no affect on your buildOS login.
I did try changing just my password, but I still can't login. I get the "Fail1" error, and when I click "ok" I get "Login Failed. Login failed for user 'skyrydr'"

What am I doing wrong? It worked just fine before the update.

Any suggestions?

thanks
Old 03-19-2008, 03:12 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRydr View Post
I did try changing just my password, but I still can't login. I get the "Fail1" error, and when I click "ok" I get "Login Failed. Login failed for user 'skyrydr'"

Any suggestions?

thanks
Did you use a password 5 or more characters long?

I fixed a problem w/ passwords exactly 4 characters long not popping up an error this morning. If you already updated, you can get the fixed ppc-buildos.exe from http://ppckitchen.org/downloads. If you haven't updated, the corrected exe will be downloaded automatically when you do

Last edited by gguruusa; 03-19-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Audiovox PPC6700

SkyRydr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyRydr View Post

Any suggestions?

thanks
Nevermind. I was using an numeric password, but I tried an alpha password and it worked just fine.

That's odd???
Old 03-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Deep Thinker

It's not because you used letters vs numbers. See my prior post.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Hello all. I just wanted to let you know that with this ROM, I found a lot of the same random quirks that I just couldnt explain. One was lockups with calls. I found that going back to my latest stock radio version fixed a hell of a lot of problems. So I would advise folks to switch to their latest OWN carrier's stack.

Next, I would like to discuss VOIP setup. This still just isnt working out well. I was able to get it to work in the 6.0 release but it was super quiet. I know this was not a deficiency of the speakerphone since the problem persisted through a headset as well. So... the question is... can someone take a close look at this? I am willing to bet that the drivers for it are not playing well. I dont mind it coming out of the speakerphone... but it needs to come out at least as loud as anything else that comes out of there. At this point, I would like to see it even establish a connection.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

i've noted this about 4 times is anyone going to tell me why the mms/pix Don't work in this kitchen under cricket is there something i need to edit it worked fine on the last 1
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development