PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscholar View Post
I know a couple of people have had G'reloc problems which were solved by removing large programs, but that does not seem to be my case.

When the Build Status window gets done building XIP, I get an error message which says

"G'reoc (2) - Cannot open file d:\\apps\ppckitchen.org\buildos\temp\temp\dump\.ro m\s000".

When I clear the message, a window for G'reloc v1 beta pops up with fields for VM, Slot0, slot1, size of rom and unknown and a button that says "do it". When i press "do it", another error message pops up and the Build Status window shows:

"Running G'Reloc.
EFOpenError: Cannot open file D:\apps\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Temp\temp\dump\.ROM \\S4294967295"

If I close the error window, the kitchen resumes building and finishes.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks!
go into build OS, and create the temp folders which are mentioned. This also happens with OEMizer as it looks for the folder "/buildOS/temp/temp" and this directory does not exist in the installation folder. I created the folders and then was able to run OEMizer. I suspect your problem has the same cause.

J.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

sscholar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
I believe this is because the path to the directory you are using is too long. Try moving the whole buildOS to a simplier directory like c:\program files\BuildOS. It should work from there.
Thanks for the quick reply. Moving the directory to d:\ didn't work.

Juliend - Creating the directories ahead of time didn't work either.

I'm stumped. I tried a bare-bones configuration to no avail.

Any other ideas?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: UTStarcomPPC6700
Carrier: Alltel

brahamamamma is a n00b

i think this thing is out to get me!! After FINALLY getting all the downloads the right size and in the right places and FINALLY being ready to build, now it wont let me sign on! what is up with that??? Help, please, AGAIN!
of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow......'
Old 03-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sscholar View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Moving the directory to d:\ didn't work.

Juliend - Creating the directories ahead of time didn't work either.

I'm stumped. I tried a bare-bones configuration to no avail.

Any other ideas?
Well, good news is that I have seen this problem before. Bad news is I dont remember the solution. Here are a few troubleshooting suggestions:

Check the sizes of all the rars against the ones listed on ppckitchen.org

Make sure your Temp directory is not still being used by another process. Do this by manually trying to delete it. If it doesnt let you delete, then another program is using it.

Build without any added OEMs. This will narrow down the chances of errors.

If you have added any OEMs, make sure there are no folders within the OEMs.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamamamma View Post
i think this thing is out to get me!! After FINALLY getting all the downloads the right size and in the right places and FINALLY being ready to build, now it wont let me sign on! what is up with that??? Help, please, AGAIN!
I have reset your account. Try again. If it still fails, provide the _exact_ error message.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliend View Post
go into build OS, and create the temp folders which are mentioned. This also happens with OEMizer as it looks for the folder "/buildOS/temp/temp" and this directory does not exist in the installation folder. I created the folders and then was able to run OEMizer. I suspect your problem has the same cause.

J.
The folders should already exist when G'reloc runs. (they have to, or G'reloc won't be run in the first place). OEMizer looking for them is an OEMizer bug - I'll get tiermann to fix it.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

sscholar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
Well, good news is that I have seen this problem before. Bad news is I dont remember the solution. Here are a few troubleshooting suggestions:

Check the sizes of all the rars against the ones listed on ppckitchen.org

Make sure your Temp directory is not still being used by another process. Do this by manually trying to delete it. If it doesnt let you delete, then another program is using it.

Build without any added OEMs. This will narrow down the chances of errors.

If you have added any OEMs, make sure there are no folders within the OEMs.
I have tried all of the above to no avail. The rar sizes match, the temp directory is not in use, and I have tried a no-oem install.

Any chance another application is conflicting with G'reloc?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:02 PM
N00b

brahamamamma is a n00b

Thanks for resetting me, it let me log on and opened the kitchen. And right off the bat started with Cannot open 6.1 RAR. then went on to say the following modules not found: CommManager 10 button, apache only, HTC Camera, SD card Support only, Wireless Moden, Solitare & Bubble breaker (4 different things there), Internet sharing and Modem link! what do i do?
Old 03-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by brahamamamma View Post
Thanks for resetting me, it let me log on and opened the kitchen. And right off the bat started with Cannot open 6.1 RAR. then went on to say the following modules not found: CommManager 10 button, apache only, HTC Camera, SD card Support only, Wireless Moden, Solitare & Bubble breaker (4 different things there), Internet sharing and Modem link! what do i do?
You need to check the sizes of the files that you have against the ones in the download. I suspect that your download may have been corupt. A simple fix may be to redownload the files.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-15-2008, 10:18 PM
N00b

brahamamamma is a n00b

the first time i had downloaded the files they were different sizes, so i reloaded. second time same problem. third time i did them one at a time and have each one the exact size they're supposed to be so thats defiantelly not the problem. I have NO idea whats going on now! but its not the files.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development