PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, HTC Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

fabrijack is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I have a problem. When I tell it to build it runs thru the scanning phase and at the first phase of extracting I get the error:

Kitchens|Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar file create error

any suggestions what to do? I tried a re-start, and update. Same thing.

Thanks,
Jack
Old 03-12-2008, 12:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b

Greetings all: I am running w2k sp4. The buildOS.msi will not install, it generates an error message stating MDAC 2.7 is needed. Found it on MS, however it pauses halfway thru the install and rolls back to the original, effectively cancelling the install. Have tried the fixes here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309166

I have MDAC 2.8, its 5724 kB. The fix in the kb references modifying the Windows Installer package (.msi) file by using the Orca database editor. Add a custom action, and then run the custom action from your Windows Installer package. This workaround prevents the call to the Secedit.exe file. Additionally, modify the Windows Installer package so that the package will modify the permissions for the BidInterface subkey in the registry.

This is a real PITA. Im going to fire up my XP laptop. If I get more time, I'll post the results of modding the MDAC_typ for w2k. But as Guru stated, probably not worth it.

Last edited by gregpilot; 03-12-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
Greetings all: I am running w2k sp4. The buildOS.msi will not install, it generates an error message stating MDAC 2.7 is needed. Found it on MS, however it pauses halfway thru the install and rolls back to the original, effectively cancelling the install. Have tried the fixes here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286442 I have MDAC 2.8, its 5724 kB. The fix in the kb references 2.6 and 2.7, but the symptoms are the same. Any ideas????????????? BTW, I use my XP laptop for flashing, maybe the msi will install better on XP?
windows 2000 is a bad choice. BuildOS should run on it, but the experience will be miserable as compared to XP or Vista. I strongly urge you to find an XP or Vista computer.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

for those of you who have posted username/password combinations, I've removed and/or locked those usernames. Please, use your own nickname/handle and keep your password to yourself.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice

i just flashed with xp, no probs so far. i did notice though that the screen that comes up after the rom builds, does not tell you to put it in bootloader. not a big deal, just thought i'd throw that out there.

"But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be."

-Boondock Saints
Old 03-12-2008, 12:16 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrijack View Post
I have a problem. When I tell it to build it runs thru the scanning phase and at the first phase of extracting I get the error:

Kitchens|Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar file create error

any suggestions what to do? I tried a re-start, and update. Same thing.

Thanks,
Jack
That's a new one for me. What OS? Do you have plenty of drive space available (300-400MB at a minimum). Did you install to the default location or to some other location?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gregpilot is a n00b

Guru, whats the reason for the username/pw to d/l the oem rar files?

g
Old 03-12-2008, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

milldog is a n00b

i keep getting a pop up box at end of building rom saying Error building rom system
Old 03-12-2008, 12:40 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteslice View Post
i just flashed with xp, no probs so far. i did notice though that the screen that comes up after the rom builds, does not tell you to put it in bootloader. not a big deal, just thought i'd throw that out there.
Yes, that was removed as it seemed to confuse many people. It isn't always necessary, and causes a retireval error on the 2nd RUU screen. If you find your phone doesn't switch to bootloader mode properly on it's own during the update, you can do it by hand and restart the RUU.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice

ok, i got it. this is getting to be almost too simple. thanks for the great work gguru. you and all the rest.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development