PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: helmi powered 6700
Carrier: verizon

midniteslice is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to midniteslice
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
A week or two ago, Prime Contact went commercial. I was in the process of updating the OEM, but ran into a few issues. I will get it updated at some point, but it will not dial from the selected contact. If you need, you can just install the cab and it should function for the time being. Or you can build with the PocketCM OEM.
HA! i post, i head to xda to look into the prime contact thing. i come back and theres your answer! why can't commercial tech support be as good as ya'll. thank you colonel.

"But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be."

-Boondock Saints
Old 03-12-2008, 11:07 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

You guys are tricky. Past Kitchens all installed in the same directory and would incorporate my custom OEMs and files into the file structure.
This time I had to hunt around to find them. I'm still getting some wierd errors and haven't been able to build a ROM small enough yet, but I'm getting close.
Not so close. I've got this ROM pretty stripped down and it still says I need to remove over 3mb (if I'm reading that Hex correctly).
Selections and log attached. Any advice appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip selectionslog.zip (24.1 KB, 56 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 03-12-2008 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
You guys are tricky. Past Kitchens all installed in the same directory and would incorporate my custom OEMs and files into the file structure.
This time I had to hunt around to find them. I'm still getting some wierd errors and haven't been able to build a ROM small enough yet, but I'm getting close.
What issues are you having? You should be able to put your OEMs in to User_OEM. What did you have to hunt for?

Yes, size is an issue. Unfortunately that is the burden the Apache user must carry. WM6+ is larger as we have seen. And, if you have a new bootloader, your ROM partition is reduced even more.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 300 (ATT Tilt 2)
Carrier: ATT

m2maynard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
sorry, no. I'll look into it. Don't hold your breath.
anyway to bypass the login? i have tried multiple user names with and without passwords. still getting same error. without pass getting "Unable to open User Config"

Dell Axim X5 (05/03 to 08/04
Hitachi G1000 08/04 to 11/05
PPC 6600 (Blue Angel) 11/05 to 08/06
PPC 6700 (Apache) 08/06 to 01/09
PPC 6800 (Mogul) 01/09 to 01/09
Touch Pro (Sprint) 01/09 to Current
(Dates are estimates)
Old 03-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes, the file locations of older kitchens has been abandoned. Many of the files from the older kitchens are not compatible either.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maynard View Post
anyway to bypass the login? i have tried multiple user names with and without passwords. still getting same error. without pass getting "Unable to open User Config"
The login is required. Trying mutliple username/password combinations doesn't do anything but create clutter.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:20 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
What issues are you having? You should be able to put your OEMs in to User_OEM. What did you have to hunt for?

Yes, size is an issue. Unfortunately that is the burden the Apache user must carry. WM6+ is larger as we have seen. And, if you have a new bootloader, your ROM partition is reduced even more.
The kitchen is overwriting many files (less now that I changed some selections)- most seem to be image files for the dialer?
My old AlarmClock OEM doesn't seem to get recognized properly.
I had to hunt for the new file directory. Not a big deal at all.

No new bootloader...
My post above is amended with files- any suggestions appreciated.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:22 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 300 (ATT Tilt 2)
Carrier: ATT

m2maynard is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The login is required. Trying mutliple username/password combinations doesn't do anything but create clutter.
True...sorry. figured with a proxy that it wasnt going thru anyway. only tried 2 diff usernames....m2maynard....m2....hopefully didnt clutter too much.

any port info that could be provided?
Old 03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700
Carrier: TBAYTEL

SpeedyXPwizard is a n00b

Hi all
I downloaded the buildos.msi and installed. Ran the updater and installed all update. When I run buildos and login I get "BuildOS Version BuildOS v.09.05.2(03/03/2008 ) has expired"
I'm on XP pro.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
The kitchen is overwriting many files (less now that I changed some selections)- most seem to be image files for the dialer?
My old AlarmClock OEM doesn't seem to get recognized properly.
I had to hunt for the new file directory. Not a big deal at all.

No new bootloader...
My post above is amended with files- any suggestions appreciated.
What do you mean by "doesn't seem to get recognized properly?"

The overwriting is a warning...buildos doesn't know what they are, and in some circumstances overwriting is both unintended and deleterious. A future release will avoid/reduce the multiple popups issue.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development