PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaPlaya View Post
ROM came from here. I've never done this before, learning as I go. Initially, the ROMs I was trying to build yesterday were too big, I kept getting erorrs. I slowly unchecked things until I got it down to size. .netCF was one I wasn't able to find information about, so thought I didn't need it and unchecked it.

I just checked both it and .netCF exception messages and built and installed the ROM again. Now I am back to "xxx is not a valid Pocket PC application." with both Dashwire and Mobile Calculator.

Is there anything else that needs to be in that ROM besides base OS of course? I checked most things off.

Thanks!!!
Any idea what I can do here? I've searched everywhere and can't seem to find a solution to this. I'm kind of stalled doing anything else with it until I can get this resolved.

Thanks!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bzxzlg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatat View Post
anyone know if theres a patch or something that will let the camera use the sdhc card? it works fine with my old 1gig card, but with my sdhc card it tells me "unable to capture. not enuf memory. 36009:111:0"
I seem to recall that there was a discussion around you needed to fill up half of your big card with data in order to force the camera to store on the other half ... Dig for the thread ... It's out there ...

You did of course include the SDHD driver in your build?
Old 06-26-2008, 11:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattatat View Post
anyone know if theres a patch or something that will let the camera use the sdhc card? it works fine with my old 1gig card, but with my sdhc card it tells me "unable to capture. not enuf memory. 36009:111:0"
You have to have less than 2gig free on the card if I remember correctly... Another way would be to partition the card into 2 Gig logical drives, but this can be problematic too...
Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2 6.5>tp2 6.1> (3) tp1s> (2) titans> (3) apaches
Carrier: sprint

mattatat is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattatat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzxzlg View Post
I seem to recall that there was a discussion around you needed to fill up half of your big card with data in order to force the camera to store on the other half ... Dig for the thread ... It's out there ...

You did of course include the SDHD driver in your build?
yea i did include that.... i was so hoping there was a patch or sumthing for that
Old 06-30-2008, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: BrwnTelephoneCO

rangness is a n00b

I just finalized my rom after a few attempts and love my new version....thanks for all the work!!! but after the first time i flashed the rom, my vibrate went to a long single vibrate to the multiple interupted vibrations. then, last night i flashed again and its back to the original long single vibrate.....how do i get the multiple vibrations back for my vibrate mode???? thanks
Old 06-30-2008, 03:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6700 Helmi WM6

Arigold1 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Arigold1

I'm getting the ppcgeeks_oem file create error , i do NOT have the vogue camera selected. In addition while compiling i'm getting and error that asks me if i want to overwrite a .dll for opera 9.5 and the another for OZ instant messenger. Any clues? Thanx...B
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6700 Helmi WM6

Arigold1 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Arigold1

Never mind, i removed everything that i didn't normally place in a rom out and it fixed, will let you know if i figure out what it was bc im still clueless. BTW it should not allow OZ messenger to be installed on Apache. Installed it hoping that maybe it was modded to work, no so
Old 07-01-2008, 08:35 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

When I try to create a ROM with this kitchen (after updating this morning)- the kitchen fails when it tries to extract the ppcgeeks_OEM.rar file.
Never done it before. The build status log is attached.
Error message says:
kitchens \PPCGeeks_OEM.rar
File create error
Any help appreciated. I need to get this redone soon. I made a ROM with Lenny's 19588 Kitchen, but there were too many things not working right.
And now it's happening with an older build. I must have screwed something up or this update did something.

I think I found my mistake. When I tried similar selections with the other kitchens, I started getting these errors also- until I selected the correct camera! I had been trying the Titan camera; that apparently breaks these ROMs. Trying with this kitchen again.

Success! Along with my failed build log, I'm now attaching what I think will be a great selections list. Syncing now- will edit again when I have it working right!

Last edited by Trident; 07-01-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

Highflyguy0824 is a n00b

Ok well last night I tried to flash my phone with WM6.1 I downloaded buildos and ran the updater. Then I chose what I wanted in my phone. I ran the build and then attempted to upload the new rom to my phone. Unfortunately now all I get is an "Error 101: Connection Error". Now my phone is stuck in the usb/serial screen and I can't figure out whats going on. My phone is connected correctly to my laptop (Vista) so I dont know why I am getting a connection error. Someone please help!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflyguy0824 View Post
Ok well last night I tried to flash my phone with WM6.1 I downloaded buildos and ran the updater. Then I chose what I wanted in my phone. I ran the build and then attempted to upload the new rom to my phone. Unfortunately now all I get is an "Error 101: Connection Error". Now my phone is stuck in the usb/serial screen and I can't figure out whats going on. My phone is connected correctly to my laptop (Vista) so I dont know why I am getting a connection error. Someone please help!
Please PM me your email, and I will try and walk you through the process, to get your device upgraded. Include your AIM/MSN/Yahoo as I work best through instant messaging. Thanks.
Andrew,
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development