PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2008, 07:09 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
so is there any cure for the memory leaks? ive noticed i wont even be running that many programs and ill have 5mb of memory free.. sometimes.. while when i first start the phone i may have like 20mb free or less...

i just want messaging to work properly without input lag - is there a way to increase the priority of messaging perhaps?
Don't know why you think that's a leak. What do you have loaded? input lag is usually a function of your sip more than anything else.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b

well well well ill be damned, i reflashed the thing and i got a kick *** new desktop and everything, plus soem overclocking / resource management tools.. perhaps this fresh install will be more usable..

question about the battery meter on top of the screen - i just want the regular/traditional battery meter, not the long one, not the gradient ne, just the little battery meter icon - what would i put inside the customization.txt for this?
Old 04-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Don't know why you think that's a leak. What do you have loaded? input lag is usually a function of your sip more than anything else.
No, the input lag we are talking about, is using the built-in keyboard. It does have a problem, but I can't narrow it down to a cause. I also can make it not as bad, by typing slower.

GG,
Have you seen this problem, or know of a fix?
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 04-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
so is there any cure for the memory leaks? ive noticed i wont even be running that many programs and ill have 5mb of memory free.. sometimes.. while when i first start the phone i may have like 20mb free or less...

i just want messaging to work properly without input lag - is there a way to increase the priority of messaging perhaps?
There is absolutely, no memory leak for me. What programs are you cooking, into your ROM? Is this on a hard-reset, and just letting the device sit?
Old 04-20-2008, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

ugh,i was wrong.. reinstalling it did not help the input lag problems in messaging.. i still get inputlag and it misses letters sometimes, causing me to have to arrow key back to put them in.. a hack or method to increase the priority of the messaging applications would be pretty nice. or any fixes you guys can think of - mayhaps a memory leak of some sort?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

how do i get the normal battery indicator to work? I dont want the long bar on the screen or the gradient one, i would like to have the little battery icon with the bars on the upper right corner of my title bar.. thanks
exactly what option is that in the Apache_Customizations.txt?

intellisense seems a little better due to overclock.. we'll see it's impact on battery life though
Old 04-21-2008, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

tjarnold is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold

Quote:
how do i get the normal battery indicator to work? I dont want the long bar on the screen or the gradient one, i would like to have the little battery icon with the bars on the upper right corner of my title bar.. thanks
exactly what option is that in the Apache_Customizations.txt?

intellisense seems a little better due to overclock.. we'll see it's impact on battery life though
Its not in the apache customizatons.txt. The OEMizer should have an option it it. If it does not then you will need to do a search for registry settings and put it into your personal OEM rgu file.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)
Old 04-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

The bar across teh top isn't a registry setting - it's part of one of many possible apps.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Lurker

urahoho is a n00b

Hey thanks to everyone that worked on this. This is great! I have been working on this all night trying to build my custom rom, but they were all too big so now I have a couple of questions.

There are several program I want but I don't have room to build in the custom rom. Is there a way I can take the folders out of the RAR folder from the build OS directory and drop then in my ppc and install them there? Or do I have to make them into cabs and then install them? If so how do I make them in to cabs?

Lots of good programs I would like to have installed on my ppc.

BTW how much do people donate on average?

Last edited by urahoho; 04-21-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

whatever I cannot fit into rom I get the cab version and later after I have rom installed I put them into the extrom area that I unlocked

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-21-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development