PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2008, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV3850 with full gps (thanks eRice, SCrosler, and bored)
Carrier: Verizon

ajgalbraith98 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I am having issues with the updater, can't get it to do anything but tell me "the parameter is incorrect". I manually downloaded BuildOS.msi (digitally signed by GguruUsa Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:07:45 AM) and manually download the three .RAR from ppckitchen.org and have already flashed my Apache to my hearts content. I just would rather do it right.

As far as I can tell the Updater is complaining about a piece of the settings file that should describe the url of a XML file. I can make the error go away by guessing the url to the XML, But I just can't guess the right one (there by breaking it, but hey ... no error)

Would anyone like to send me a valid Updater\settings.ini, or send me the secret to how to fix?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kinesis is a n00b

my device is unusable, too much input lag in messenging.. ill type stuff and itll miss letters and its basically trashed.. "stff ooks like ths! its ooooo nusble!" It seemd to work fine when i 1st installed it, i dont know what's going on, memory leaks perhaps?

also now its been doing weird stuff like turning off randomly .. only rarely though maybe once or twice a day

i tried using PocketHackMaster to overclock - but too much battery drain, and didnt fix the problem

I turned off the intellisense and auto correction in the input, it doesn't help at all.. i also have between 5 to 9 MB of memory free i dont see why it should be lagging that's plenty for typing

Last edited by kinesis; 04-20-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700

Falcon4 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Falcon4

Holy hell! After stepping out into the forum from my comfortable Google-created home of the old WM6.0-on-PPC6700 post, I have to say you guys have totally breathed new life into my ol' 6700. Much to the dismay of Micro$oft and $print, who would love to have me buy a new $600 PPC! *scoff*

I have to say I love this "kitchen" thing. Kinda cartoony, and the RUU _really_ needs some work to tell me more status information - it hung because my ActiveSync tasks were, well, is the proper term "threadlocked"?, and I spent about half an hour trying to make it work before realizing that. But it's a godsent. I can finally remove the crap I don't need from the OS! Well, some of it, at least. I still can't get rid of the cell phone functionality in its entirety, and junk like "contacts", "notes", etc... The pre-"cooked" ROMs available for download are nice and all too, but come with just too much stuff I don't need.

Speaking of stuff I don't need, I've had varying degrees of success in getting rid of my 6700's cell phone functions... something I've been trying to do since I married it and TomTom. For wireless internet-anywhere on the PPC, I use my tether-hacked LG VX8300 phone over Bluetooth, which works like a dream in most cases. Streaming music is a problem for it since the PPC doesn't seem to recognize it as a data connection, so it both won't establish a connection on demand, and it idle-disconnects when it shouldn't. Oh well, more bugs to work out for another day.

At any rate, I've found that, with the exception of the touch screen's "bowing" problem (I can no longer access the "keyboard" button in the center of the button bar, but it's useless to me anyway), I have no need for a new PPC! The one I have is perfectly fine with just some support from third parties like this. You guys effing rule!

edit in re: above: May be a thing to do with that darn predictive dictionary thing. I'd love to be able to remove that too. Is that possible? Should be easier than trying to remove the phone... right?
edit edit: Looks like you can disable it by entering the on screen keyboard -> Options -> Word Completion -> uncheck "Suggest words when entering text". That should help! But I'd like to save space by removing that whole dictionary... =|

Last edited by Falcon4; 04-20-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

After the latest update, I can't get "Calculate ROM Sizes" to work without the error "The given key is not in the dictionary."
It stops at Creating Manifest...ExtROM-Verizon 2.07.206.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
my device is unusable, too much input lag in messenging.. ill type stuff and itll miss letters and its basically trashed.. "stff ooks like ths! its ooooo nusble!" It seemd to work fine when i 1st installed it, i dont know what's going on, memory leaks perhaps?

also now its been doing weird stuff like turning off randomly .. only rarely though maybe once or twice a day

i tried using PocketHackMaster to overclock - but too much battery drain, and didnt fix the problem

I turned off the intellisense and auto correction in the input, it doesn't help at all.. i also have between 5 to 9 MB of memory free i dont see why it should be lagging that's plenty for typing
I have seen this problem, too. It happens at strange times; not sure the reason behind it.
Anyone else?
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 04-20-2008, 02:56 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajgalbraith98 View Post
I am having issues with the updater, can't get it to do anything but tell me "the parameter is incorrect". I manually downloaded BuildOS.msi (digitally signed by GguruUsa Saturday, April 19, 2008 4:07:45 AM) and manually download the three .RAR from ppckitchen.org and have already flashed my Apache to my hearts content. I just would rather do it right.

As far as I can tell the Updater is complaining about a piece of the settings file that should describe the url of a XML file. I can make the error go away by guessing the url to the XML, But I just can't guess the right one (there by breaking it, but hey ... no error)

Would anyone like to send me a valid Updater\settings.ini, or send me the secret to how to fix?
You must be on a XP x64 system. For reasons I fail to understand, XP x64 and the manifest file are not happy campers. It will probably be some time before a resolution is found.
Old 04-20-2008, 02:58 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robtao View Post
After the latest update, I can't get "Calculate ROM Sizes" to work without the error "The given key is not in the dictionary."
It stops at Creating Manifest...ExtROM-Verizon 2.07.206.
Fix will go up shortly.

EDIT: Fix is up. If you already downloaded, download again.

Last edited by gguruusa; 04-20-2008 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

i want to try to reinstall the rom to get rid of the input lag problems in messaging, it makes the device practically unusable.

i tried alst night and i got ERROR:116 general failure.. do i have to re-flash to the original wm5 (soft/hard reset).. also maybe im specifiying the wrong revision of apache, I put v2.0 because its a pretty new phone but how do i find out which Rev it is?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC-6700

Falcon4 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Falcon4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
do i have to re-flash to the original wm5 (soft/hard reset)
Yeah, something tells me that's not going to have your desired effect. You flashed your PPC from the bootloader! There's no going back. Unless you can somehow dig up an old WM5 image... *shrug*

edit: Yeah, it should be added to the instructions, about the version thing. You put your PPC in bootloader mode (power+recorder+reset hold) and look at the number displayed at the bottom of the screen - it'll say "USB" or "Serial" at the top (depending on if the cable's unplugged or not), and a V x.xx number at the bottom. That's your version.
Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

kinesis is a n00b

so is there any cure for the memory leaks? ive noticed i wont even be running that many programs and ill have 5mb of memory free.. sometimes.. while when i first start the phone i may have like 20mb free or less...

i just want messaging to work properly without input lag - is there a way to increase the priority of messaging perhaps?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development