PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
I need to download the latest zip for the OEMs and look at the S2UL OEM again... unless the last guy who did the update also fixed the clock pngs, the oem as originally released didn't contain them (or didnt move them to gfx\clock) so S2UL wasn't displaying the clock when locked. I'd be happy to fix that if its not already done. I didn't notice it until about halfway through the day today. d'oh!
The S2U2 in the kitchen prior to being updated was 0.52 which had just clock.png with all the numbers as 1. The version Kidgixxer added was the latest version which allows you to customize the clock icons and saves them in \gfx\clock as 0.png, 1.png, .... 9.png. Due to the fact that there might be other programs that use 0.png, 1.png,.... that is not good for OEM as the kitchen will see those as duplicates and not copy them over regardless of where it is going to.
That is the problem with the updated OEM i believe.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy View Post
The S2U2 in the kitchen prior to being updated was 0.52 which had just clock.png with all the numbers as 1. The version Kidgixxer added was the latest version which allows you to customize the clock icons and saves them in \gfx\clock as 0.png, 1.png, .... 9.png. Due to the fact that there might be other programs that use 0.png, 1.png,.... that is not good for OEM as the kitchen will see those as duplicates and not copy them over regardless of where it is going to.
That is the problem with the updated OEM i believe.
Well, since those files, if they are in the ROM, are living in \Windows and have to be copied to \Windows\gfx\clock on the first hard reset anyway, the way the OEM used to work was to just name the ones in the OEM folder (the ones that get burned in) to something unique like S2UL_0.png, etc and then rename them when they get copied via the initflashfiles.txt mojo.

I'll check it and update - I did a quick and dirty update of the original 0.52 OEM by dropping in the new binaries, didn't check/fix the clock pngs with that one.

Ok - Done... This one is "name safe" for all the pngs
Attached Files
File Type: zip Slide2UnlockNameSafe.zip (136.0 KB, 9 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by schettj; 11-07-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Added File
Old 11-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

quite98 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamon17 View Post
Scenario: I go to SETTINGS - BUTTONS or SETTINGS - OWNER INFO and make changes. Whether I tap the screen OK button or the hardware OK button, I am taken out to the PHONE app screen instead of SETTINGS or the TODAY screen.

Any thoughts on why the PHONE app comes up?
I was having a similar problem, but in my case it was the Schedule dialog in ActiveSync that was going directly back to the homescreen when dismissed, instead of going back to the ActiveSync app itself. I fixed it by disabling the "Enable X button to end running programs" option in Settings/Task Manager/Button.

Enabling this option worked well in the original Helmi WM6 release; I used the newer (2.0) version of HTC Task Manager in my build so perhaps it's an issue with that.

Edit: rebuilt with the HTC Task Manager 1.5 and the "Enable X button to end running programs" option works correctly again - dismissing a dialog returns to the containing application instead of the homescreen.

Last edited by quite98; 11-07-2007 at 09:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Sorry if I missed this:
This error came up during build OS Start Build..

Thanks.
Your picture is unreadable, but I believe it says MSVC71.dll not found?

You'll find that file in the tools folder. Copy it to \Windows\System32.

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-07-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Lurker

Mr. Marcus is a n00b
Alright I have a pretty serious issue here, I think.

I loaded one version of the kitchen and it worked fine. I then decided to try some different choices, loaded it, and now it is stuck on the initial HTC screen with the helicopters. No matter what I do, it won't get past that.

What am I supposed to do? Help!!
Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marcus View Post
Alright I have a pretty serious issue here, I think.

I loaded one version of the kitchen and it worked fine. I then decided to try some different choices, loaded it, and now it is stuck on the initial HTC screen with the helicopters. No matter what I do, it won't get past that.

What am I supposed to do? Help!!
I posted an answer in the other thread Mr. Marcus. You just need to put it in bootloader and load a basic ROM build. Then go back and add items until you find what caused your problem.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 11-07-2007, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

KidGixxer is keeping up the good workKidGixxer is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Well, since those files, if they are in the ROM, are living in \Windows and have to be copied to \Windows\gfx\clock on the first hard reset anyway, the way the OEM used to work was to just name the ones in the OEM folder (the ones that get burned in) to something unique like S2UL_0.png, etc and then rename them when they get copied via the initflashfiles.txt mojo.

I'll check it and update - I did a quick and dirty update of the original 0.52 OEM by dropping in the new binaries, didn't check/fix the clock pngs with that one.

Hey thanks for fixing this for me. Ive been working on the spb 4.0.1 oem. I have the oem working except for the smart scrolling. i hate setup.dll's

I didnt know other people where having a problem with the image names. It works fine for me. But i was probably not using another oem with the same name files.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Lurker

Mr. Marcus is a n00b
Quote:

Forgive the obvious question, but where do I put the zip file?

edit: I believe it's just copying/pasting the contents into the Slide2Unlock folder in the OEM rar file?

Last edited by Mr. Marcus; 11-07-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM
Lurker

Mr. Marcus is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I posted an answer in the other thread Mr. Marcus. You just need to put it in bootloader and load a basic ROM build. Then go back and add items until you find what caused your problem.
Thanks bud, you were exactly right
Old 11-07-2007, 09:15 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Marcus View Post
Forgive the obvious question, but where do I put the zip file?

edit: I believe it's just copying/pasting the contents into the Slide2Unlock folder in the OEM rar file?
I used the slide2unlock already included in the kitchen and it is working fine. I didn't have to add anything. (if you have PPCGeeks_OEM.rar in buildos folder)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development