PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: v

spyderr911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Has anyone been able to get Virtual Earth Mobile (VEM) to work with this kitchen? I can get it to install just fine, but can't get it to find any address or location. It can't find orlando, fl.

What map program is everyone else using with this kitchen? I would like the mapping software to be friendly with BT gps (although I do not have a gps device as of yet).

Also, is there a easy fix (or reg hack) in increase the low earpiece volume on this xv6700? It has always been hard to hear anyone (at the loudest setting) since I first got the phone. I was hoping this WM6 ROM would increase the volume. Oh well.
Old 11-02-2007, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

tnsandman is just getting started
I moved 450meg off my minisd and recopied 550mb back using wm5 storage with no sd errors for reference VerizonGuy.All of the files were mp3's and played fine with HTC Audio Manager. Keep up the good work as always.

.6c kitchen, 1.43 radio Kingston minisd 1gb

Last edited by tnsandman; 11-02-2007 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnsandman View Post
I moved 450meg off my minisd and recopied 550mb back using wm5 storage with no sd errors for reference VerizonGuy.All of the files were mp3's and played fine with HTC Audio Manager. Keep up the good work as always.

.6c kitchen, 1.43 radio Kingston minisd 1gb
For those having trouble with streaming audio from an SD card, replace the OEM_SDIODriver folder in the OEM folder of the kitchen with this one. That just dials down the performance for file transfer speed, which will improve streaming media from the card.

If you're not having a problem with streaming media from the card, and prefer the faster transfer speed, leave the existing settings.

The affected registry entries are:
Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Cl ass\SDMemory_Class]
"BlockTransferSize"=dword:40
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Cl ass\MMC_Class]
"BlockTransferSize"=dword:40
set the BlockTransferSize to 40 for slower transfer and more stable media streaming. This value can be anything up to 200 (hex). The suggested is 40 as shown above, but people have had great success much higher as we were trialing. So, set this to 40 if you're having problems, or just swap out the folder with the one in this post.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Lurker

itsamemario is a n00b
I'm fairly new to all of this (only been looking around trying to understand everything for a week or so now). If I don't like WM6 I can always go back to windows mobile 5 right?

Last edited by itsamemario; 11-02-2007 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

YEkimv is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
I'm fairly new to all of this (only been looking around trying to understand everything for a week or so now). If I don't like WM6 I can always go back to windows mobile 5 right?
Yes, IF you have a WM5 ROM. There are plenty out there for you to download. However, I moved from WM5 to WM6 and I love it!!! Everything works just fine and I installed it on my primary phone and use it every day.
Dell Axim X50v
Ipaq 3970
Old 11-03-2007, 12:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Is there a problem with the IR? I never use it, but I just recently got Novii Remote, and it says that the Ir is in use with another program everytime I try to program it. It worked back with WM5, so I know its not a hardware issue.
Make sure you give props to all those who keep this site running, as well as those who provide all those ever-so-useful ROMs and applications. If someone helps you out, or answers a question of yours, be sure to click the "Thanks" button.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenx06 View Post
Is there a problem with the IR? I never use it, but I just recently got Novii Remote, and it says that the Ir is in use with another program everytime I try to program it. It worked back with WM5, so I know its not a hardware issue.
it was broken in helmi's rom. it is fixed in the kitchen.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

phoenx06 is keeping up the good workphoenx06 is keeping up the good work
Alrighty, I cook a new rom and flash. I'll try installing it directly after the flash. Maybe its something I did. I'll let you know.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I love the new kitchen!!

I have a question however, there doesn't seem to be a battery or back light icon in the settings tab to set the power settings. Is there an OEM that controls these.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Hmmm ..., I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my stuttering while playing my copied media center files. And for that matter, the choking of transfering large files during while the phone is sync'd ...

I'm running Helmi's orginal ROM and the value in these locations is 16 under SDMemory and 64 under MMC. Would I be correct in assuming 16 is a slower setting than 40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
For those having trouble with streaming audio from an SD card, replace the OEM_SDIODriver folder in the OEM folder of the kitchen with this one. That just dials down the performance for file transfer speed, which will improve streaming media from the card.

If you're not having a problem with streaming media from the card, and prefer the faster transfer speed, leave the existing settings.

The affected registry entries are:

set the BlockTransferSize to 40 for slower transfer and more stable media streaming. This value can be anything up to 200 (hex). The suggested is 40 as shown above, but people have had great success much higher as we were trialing. So, set this to 40 if you're having problems, or just swap out the folder with the one in this post.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development