View Single Post
Old 11-03-2007, 06:19 AM
Kreigz
PPCGeeks Regular

Kreigz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Hmmm ..., I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my stuttering while playing my copied media center files. And for that matter, the choking of transfering large files during while the phone is sync'd ...

I'm running Helmi's orginal ROM and the value in these locations is 16 under SDMemory and 64 under MMC. Would I be correct in assuming 16 is a slower setting than 40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
For those having trouble with streaming audio from an SD card, replace the OEM_SDIODriver folder in the OEM folder of the kitchen with this one. That just dials down the performance for file transfer speed, which will improve streaming media from the card.

If you're not having a problem with streaming media from the card, and prefer the faster transfer speed, leave the existing settings.

The affected registry entries are:

set the BlockTransferSize to 40 for slower transfer and more stable media streaming. This value can be anything up to 200 (hex). The suggested is 40 as shown above, but people have had great success much higher as we were trialing. So, set this to 40 if you're having problems, or just swap out the folder with the one in this post.