PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 09:52 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: [How To] Essential jailbreak/unlock/ssh thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
When I want to restore, i cannot restore without upgrading to the newest firmware....what can I do?

I read several blogs that it ONLY applies for 4.1 and not 4.0.2. Are you sure it applies to 4.0.2
per the limera1n site it jailbreaks 4.02.

you can update to 4.1 without updating your baseband if you do it with tinyumbrella, give me a few hours to get some work done and ill give you a how to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

use this for right now till I get a full tutorial up.

Upgrade To iOS 4.1 Preserving Unlock Baseband 1.59.00 [How To]
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Thanks man, appreciate it.

been busy that I haven't signed in for a while try the 4.1 upgrade and let you know

And I just wanted to keep thanking you for your continuous help and support.
And also for the headsups you give to Courtney regarding new Updates.
I love PPCgeeks NEWS UPDATE
Old 10-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bteljuice View Post
Thanks man, appreciate it.

been busy that I haven't signed in for a while try the 4.1 upgrade and let you know

And I just wanted to keep thanking you for your continuous help and support.
And also for the headsups you give to Courtney regarding new Updates.
I love PPCgeeks NEWS UPDATE
no problem

Since I like and use all 3 major OS platforms I like to share what I know

Courtney is doing an awesome job with the news updates and it's getting better every week
Old 10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Okay, I SSh through wifi and download themes and put into the themes folder. I went to winter board to activate the theme and still the icons don't change.

I have watched multiple Youtube videos that tell you how to ssh but not how to actually get the full theme. Any specific help would be great. Perhaps some concrete video how-to's?
Old 10-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Okay, I SSh through wifi and download themes and put into the themes folder. I went to winter board to activate the theme and still the icons don't change.

I have watched multiple Youtube videos that tell you how to ssh but not how to actually get the full theme. Any specific help would be great. Perhaps some concrete video how-to's?

unfortunately I don't have my iPhone anymore so I can't make a video, but here are some tips.

1) make sure you have the selected theme ON TOP of all other themes in Winterboaard, drag it to the top, those will demand for priority.

2) make sure you don't have multiple themes selected.

3) sometimes, to get the full theme on, you have to restart the phone.

4) make sure you put the ENTIRE theme folder into the themes folder on your iPhone thru SSH.

5) Some of the older themes have different named icons that won't work. To fix this, open the themes folder from your computer and find the icon image files, rename them to what your icons are ACTUALLY called on your iphone, (e.g. the text icon is called SMS on your phone, but the icon is called text.png, it won't work)

lemme know if any of these helped.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

just4kix is a n00b

Hi Orangekid, I've successfully jailbroken this iphone 3g with 4.01, but I am unable to unlock it because it was upgraded to bootloader 6.02. Do you know if it anyone is working on a fix or is it permanent?

Thanks,
Jus
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kix View Post
Hi Orangekid, I've successfully jailbroken this iphone 3g with 4.01, but I am unable to unlock it because it was upgraded to bootloader 6.02. Do you know if it anyone is working on a fix or is it permanent?

Thanks,
Jus
doesn't matter what the bootloader version is. Your baseband is fully unlockable.

The bootloader only matters if you have to downgrade the baseband.

search cydia for "ultrasn0w" and install the app, it will be unlocked.

Do not upgrade to 4.1, you will not be able to unlock

Last edited by orangekid; 11-04-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

just4kix is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
doesn't matter what the bootloader version is. Your baseband is fully unlockable.

The bootloader only matters if you have to downgrade the baseband.

search cydia for "ultrasn0w" and install the app, it will be unlocked.

Do not upgrade to 4.02 or 4.1, you will not be able to unlock
Thanks,
That's just it. I need to downgrade the baseband in order to unlock it and am unable to because of the bootloader.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Threadstarter

the 4.0, 4.01 and 4.02 firmware versions all have a baseband of 5.13.04 on the iPhone 3G. This is an unlockable baseband, you do not need to downgrade.

if you did not update to 4.1 you should be fine to unlock. just install ultrasn0w from cydia.

Last edited by orangekid; 11-04-2010 at 01:07 PM.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > GSM iPhone Development