PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

acts is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who all is jumping ship to T-Mobile for the Nexus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushco View Post
It is coming to Verizon. I rather jump ship to verizon for it.
if you go to google.com/phone and click the get it here, you'll see that it's coming to verizon 2010. and maybe, just maybe, someone might unlock it for sprint.

why not wait on verizon like rushco says, give it time to work out its kinks, and have a network to back it up.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

$179 on 2 year contract with T-Mobile. Hopefully VZ will match or beat it. I'm in if I can convince my wife that my TP2, that I spend too much time flashing needs to be upgraded. Doubt it though.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeramirez View Post
$179 on 2 year contract with T-Mobile. Hopefully VZ will match or beat it. I'm in if I can convince my wife that my TP2, that I spend too much time flashing needs to be upgraded. Doubt it though.
None of the TP2 users considering the jump worried about losing your keyboard?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Theutus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex jb View Post
None of the TP2 users considering the jump worried about losing your keyboard?
I've heard that after "calibrating" the touch keyboard, it's not that bad... That, and i want to give swipe a try.

This is really an experiment for me, i want to see if I can adapt to a touchscreen keyboard because quite honestly i see more and more devices moving that way....

I guess time will tell.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

i have been thinking about jumping ship as well for this. but in all honesty, i cannot find a plan on verizon or tmobile that is better than the plans we get at sprint. i currently have the hero and i love it, but the nexus one is pure win easy iphone killer. but i wonder what plan tmobile will partner it up with. and on verizon for a 2 line family plan for what i have now on sprint will cost me nearly 200/month on verizon for a android phone. i just dont think its worth leaving sprint for.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC incredible
Carrier: Verizon

jtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuffjtuite knows their stuff

I have been using a windows mobile phone for a few years now and I love using and customizing it, but my new every two is coming in march right about the time verizon will be offering the Nexus and I will probably be leaving windows mobile for it unless windows mobile7 beta is leaked and it is everything that M$ is saying it will be, if it is I will buy another windows phone and flash it to 7, then when someone gets android working on it, I will have the best of both worlds
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBanner View Post
i have been thinking about jumping ship as well for this. but in all honesty, i cannot find a plan on verizon or tmobile that is better than the plans we get at sprint. i currently have the hero and i love it, but the nexus one is pure win easy iphone killer. but i wonder what plan tmobile will partner it up with. and on verizon for a 2 line family plan for what i have now on sprint will cost me nearly 200/month on verizon for a android phone. i just dont think its worth leaving sprint for.
That's the thing right there. It is hard to find a better plan than what Sprint offers, plus the any Mobile Any time thing is nice, and having your night minutes start at 7pm rather than 9pm is great. T-Mobiles GSM network isn't that great imo, but better than AT&T's I suppose. I hope Sprint has a device with a 1ghz processor.

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't care if the N1 gives great head. There's now way in hell I would ever jump ship over to T-Mobile. I'd rather go AT&Tingular.

Sprint will get the "jizz" soon. Be patient people.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: 3 HK

fujitsupalm is a n00b

I absolutely like the idea of the Nexus One indeed, just hoping to find the light to point me whether to the Moto Droid or Nexus One... choices choices...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

na i tried t-mobile for bout 3 weeks. I had to go back to sprint.. I had no signal or roaming nonstop out in the country where i live. and 3g was still 30 miles away.. with sprint i have rev a everywhere... plus i have a tower like 3 miles away.... so unless sprint gets this later down the road..( which wont happen, lol ) im sticking with my hero.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > Google Nexus One