PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 09:44 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status (official release May 26th)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
No, Asurion is giving me one for my broken TP2 so I'll live with it for a while and if I really can't stand the coverage any more than the HD7s is always an option as I am not signing a contract.

So, yes, I am getting a HTC Trophy for Verizon...Just sometime next week (backordered)

lol good to know assurion is good for something i hope u like it when u get it ...
Old 05-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: VZW

anywhereat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Welcome to the thread ! Enjoy your trophy
Thanks! I have been lurking around in this thread trying to find information about the Trophy prior to its release.

I am upgrading from an Imagio with NRG ROM and the first thing I notice aside from the physical reduction in weight is that it is more responsive. I am also new to WP7, I am still not sure if I like the tiles, but HTC Hub is preinstalled so I can get back to the HTC look if I really don't dig the tiles.

A couple of nagging things that never worked reliably on the Imagio work great so far: Screen rotation and Youtube. I am pleased with both.

The onscreen keyboard seems to work better than the Imagio (for me). The Imagio was my first on-screen keyboard and I thought I was too fat-fingered to get the hang of it. I had a hard time hitting the right keys and clicking hyperlinks. In general I never could fully use the Imagio without a stylus. The Trophy is very smooth. Typing, hitting hot links, navigating all work much better, and my fingers haven't changed.

I am very pleased so far. If it had more than 16G of storage I would seriously consider using it as my PMP.

Sorry for so much comparison to the Imagio, but it is my current frame of reference.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

man i love this ui....can anyone else send picture messages? i havent been able to get one to go through

i just wish as a alternative to zune syncing we could still do mass storage mode, and we could download mp3's through the web browser and update the zune library on the go without the computer but maybe mango... love this phone
Old 05-27-2011, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
man i love this ui....can anyone else send picture messages? i havent been able to get one to go through

i just wish as a alternative to zune syncing we could still do mass storage mode, and we could download mp3's through the web browser and update the zune library on the go without the computer but maybe mango... love this phone
I couldn't get mine to send either. I kept getting a message saying "Message can't be sent Try again?"

I restarted the phone and voila! It worked!

Edit: Is there a homepage for IE??
Old 05-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post

u can already update the library on the go if u have a Zune pass which is what I strongly recommend. there aren't many file sharing programs/sites out there anymore and what u get often isn't good quality, this is what forced me to get a Zune pass. now whenever I want to hear a song I just simply hit search from the music library and stream or download it on the fly wherever I am. and its only $15 a month or $150 a year with a 2 week free trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMFan85 View Post
I couldn't get mine to send either. I kept getting a message saying "Message can't be sent Try again?"

I restarted the phone and voila! It worked!

Edit: Is there a homepage for IE??
I have problems sending mms on my arrive but that's only because of the still crappy sprint towers in my area. I can only send late at night or early in the morning when my speeds are actually normal. there is no homepage for IE it just goes to whatever page u were at last or loads blank.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:17 AM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i have several different sites i use to download music from i dont have a need for the zune pass when i can get everything thats on the zune pass and stuff thats not on zune for free im not knocking zune pass tho eventually i may give it a go but im still use to my windows mobile phones where i could download a album in a rar or zip file and extract the mp3's and update my library with those new albums all on the go no computer

my only slight complaint with windows phone 7 but i can live with it this way.

i am thoroughly impressed with this on screen keyboard its better than the iphones keyboard imo it actually almost feels like im on a physical qwerty lol. I gave the voice command for searching for directions a shot as well and it matched my voice in the search dead on accurate each time first time i ever seen that implemented with such accuracy in my experience with a smartphone

what are some good apps and games to check out?

have u guys got any screen protectors for this thing? my local verizon is sold out.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

screen protector if I were u I'd use the one from the imagio in the meantime.even tho capacitive screens don't really need them. as for apps and games I'll recommend cta buddy since ur around Chicago ,cta train tracker,fruit ninja,Tetris,the harvest,assassins creed,flowers (free),rocket riot ,attentive phone ,compass,Netflix,pageonce,wikipanda,and HTC YouTube. haven't tried the other YouTube apps yet except supertube but I find that HTC YouTube plays HQ vids faster with less buffering.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by anywhereat View Post
I am very pleased so far. If it had more than 16G of storage I would seriously consider using it as my PMP.
See my thread here in the Trophy fourm

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-7-trop...ps-tricks.html

There is a method to (with doing a little work on the phone) to upgrade the Trophy to a larger SD card (32gb ?)

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-28-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

HTC Trophy Review - Phone Arena

Phonearena review
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy

doogie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

You know, a lot of the reviews harp on the design being boring, or the phone being "nothing special" -- but I think that's just it, the people that I've handed it to are surprised by the small size and weight, and the solid feel. I don't have to think about scratching it or something, or constantly worry about dropping it, the same couldn't be said for the Thunderbolt or the iPhone 4 or similar devices.

I'm super clumsy with my phone. Dropped the TBolt the second day I had it. On edge constantly about carrying around an iPhone. For me at least, the Trophy is the right size, heft, and built in such a way that I can daily drive it with less worry. I don't feel the need to buy a bulletproof screen protector or a case just so that I can lay down the phone on a restaurant table. So, hey, if that's "boring" then I'll take it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions