PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
Posting hacked programs is warez because you are posting programs that you are supposed to pay for. ICS is a free program therefore it is not warez. Now what you do WITH ICS is a different story, but how can posting the free program itself be illegal??

same concept as bit torrent clients are not illegal but you can do illegal stuff with them. Or a super nintendo emulator is not illegal but you can play illegal roms with it. Get what I'm tryin to say??
right, so thank you for pointing out that a warez is just a game/app/software until you dont pay for it.. and ics is just worthless and unusable without a "crack" or reg edit to trick the carrier

"but how can posting the free program itself be illegal??" because the Free prgram isnt being posted, the "crack' for it is
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"

Last edited by crazychef; 02-22-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
Posting hacked programs is warez because you are posting programs that you are supposed to pay for. ICS is a free program therefore it is not warez. Now what you do WITH ICS is a different story, but how can posting the free program itself be illegal??
I kind of feel the same way. A reg edit is only information. What you do with that information is up to you. But the "Hit Man" lawsuit against Paladin Press a while back made the publisher of information responsible for the content it released. A little different situation, but along the same lines:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...31/ai_55343566
Old 02-22-2009, 12:57 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

I dont think you care how people on this site feel about this topic. You just want people to side with you and anybody that feels different you bash them and call them names.
Nobody cares about the difference between warez and tethering. The mods could be using warez for all i know but it doesnt matter they cant be posted on this website and thats it. I dont understand what's so hard to understand about that. WMWifi isnt illegal to download. Warez are illegal to download that is the difference. What you do with you these programs arent anybody's concern but bottom line is ppcgeeks will not let you share warez on their website if you want to do that send someone a pm and maybe you wouldnt get banned lol. Welcome back

This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:03 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro
Thumbs up Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I dont think you care how people on this site feel about this topic. You just want people to side with you and anybody that feels different you bash them and call them names.
Nobody cares about the difference between warez and tethering. The mods could be using warez for all i know but it doesnt matter they cant be posted on this website and thats it. I dont understand what's so hard to understand about that. WMWifi isnt illegal to download. Warez are illegal to download that is the difference. What you do with you these programs arent anybody's concern but bottom line is ppcgeeks will not let you share warez on their website if you want to do that send someone a pm and maybe you wouldnt get banned lol. Welcome back
Worth quoting. Nicely said.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
uh who did i call a name, oh wait, i called somebody 'genius' in gest i think..

wmwifi is just a paid for "cracked" solution.. were still not paying for PAM like were suppose to be doing.. and im not advocating warez being allowed, im asking for this to be considered into the warez topic and banned as well.. so thank you, but i understand full well what isnt allowed on here., thats why im trying to add to it...
Old 02-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Nobody cares about the difference between warez and tethering.
I think you're missing the point. crazychef is raising the issue that warez and tethering are the same thing, something that gets you something for free that you would otherwise have to pay for. I'm not taking sides on what's right or wrong, but I do think he has a valid point.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:14 AM
Almost a VIP

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

When WMWifi becomes illegal then it wont be allowed on this site until then theres nothing wrong with it.
If i download and install WMWifi and never use it am I doing anything illegal?
If i download and install a cracked program and never use it is that illegal?
Old 02-22-2009, 01:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
When WMWifi becomes illegal then it wont be allowed on this site until then theres nothing wrong with it.
If i download and install WMWifi and never use it am I doing anything illegal?
If i download and install a cracked program and never use it is that illegal?
look people, is DVDxcopy illegal as a program, no... just like wmwifi isnt... again, I USE WMWIFI.. so im harly against it.. im pointing out a correlation between the 2 represented topics..

and actually, YES, if you download a cracked prog, it doesnt matter if you run it or not.. the downloading and or sharing is what illegal about wares, not necc the use of
Old 02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
If WMWiFi makes you feel like you're using warez then any P2P/Torrent client could be looked at with the same suspicions.
not sure if that part was geared at me, if not my apologies.. but i dnt use p2p/torrents, im work in the recording industry, im def against all that kinda music/dvd sharing type stuff
Old 02-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
look people, is DVDxcopy illegal as a program, no... just like wmwifi isnt... again, I USE WMWIFI.. so im harly against it.. im pointing out a correlation between the 2 represented topics..

and actually, YES, if you download a cracked prog, it doesnt matter if you run it or not.. the downloading and or sharing is what illegal about wares, not necc the use of
Lol thank you, you just proved my point WMWifi is not illegal so it can be shared here and a cracked program is illegal and thats why it cant be shared here.
=D> "You fell into the booby trap, I set the trap just to see if dude reacts"
quote from Jay-Z
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions