PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
well its a dscussion forum, so i chose to bring up a topic to be discussed, i think thats what i did... and no, i dont use ICS please follow along here.. i would never plug my phone into a vista machine, thats why i use wmwifi... and yes, again if u read along, i am trying to get the topic banned...

how are custom ROMs doing anything wrong, sure u have the TOS thing, but your not getting something for free that should be paid for..... if carriers offered alternate Roms for a fee, and people sold cracked versions(not their own custom version) than yeah, it would be an issue...

but custom your rom all day long, theres nothing to be paid for involved...

and everyone wants me to be nice here, so can we chill on the MR law student comments.. especially since im kinda proving you all wrong everytime
I am sorry about the law student comment. However comments like your "btw I am a law student....." are more then just a little annoying for several reasons. Anyways........

Quote:
and no, i dont use ICS
Okay cool!

Quote:
wmwifi is just a paid for "cracked" solution
Valid point. How else would WMWIFI get you access to the internet? Most likely circumventing the restrictions the provider has placed on ICS (ICS hacking).

Quote:
and for the love of GOD, I USE WMWIFI, please read everything if your gonna battle me please..
Wow. Okay wait a moment you don't use ICS but you do use WMWIFI? Which uses ICS and the ICS Hack? Dude all apoligies but if you were a lawyer infront of a judge he might be snickering right now. Please take this to your law professor and have him help you tighten up your arguements.

Now on to the matter of proving people wrong. If I was a law studnet I think I would be pretty careful with saying things like that. Yes of course its rhetoric but poorly executed. Disagreeing with and retorting another persons argument != proving them wrong. You have provided good arguments but you have not provided unequivocal proof.

This all really makes me wonder what your motivation is. You use WMWIFI but wish to have the discussion of ICS which might imply the use of WMWIFI banned. Why? What's in it for you?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:32 AM
N00b

DWhite456 is a n00b

Quote:

but custom your rom all day long, theres nothing to be paid for involved...

I would have to think that even using a custom rom on your phone is illegal in some way. If anything unlocking and modifying the rom from the original would fall under some form of the DMCA. In the US at least. I think we should 86 the custom roms too.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:37 AM
N00b

DWhite456 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyidaho View Post

This all really makes me wonder what your motivation is. You use WMWIFI but wish to have the discussion of ICS which might imply the use of WMWIFI banned. Why? What's in it for you?
If I could take 1 guess at it. I think law guy may of been banned for posting warez and now he is pointing his finger and saying "well Johnny was doing it too" I could be wrong though
Old 02-22-2009, 02:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28marols1 View Post
wow, i think this is pointless.

i would think it goes with where the focus is. software pirating is high priority, however slight theft of service (still paying for service, just not everything you should) is very low priority, aparently even to the carriers who are being hurt by this. it sounds like they would prefer to overlook ppl doing it unless they are abusing it.

my vote is that since the software creators are fighting to keep illegitimate copies of their software of the internet but the carriers are not really fighting everybody who is in breach of the TOS over ICS, that tethering hacks/software does not deserve to be considered the same as warez.
see, atleast you made sense, and have a good point. the first one i didnt laugh at before i stared typing.. the entities politics/priority shouldnt really effect it though.. off the wall example..

my state of MI is super harsh with child supprt laws, high priority you could say even.. They will throw you in jail quicker than you can ask for an attorney if you owe areages... yet you can slide by most officers in the state with a beer or 2, or hit .09(our limit is .0, or i get away with a joint or 2 all the time(dont drink)... does the priority level so to speak of my state,the entity in my exmaple here, make my other actions any less dishonest in nature, because we are allowed to slide sometimes?

cell companies need to worry about cell usage i agree, thsta what costs the most, and getting that for free is the most illegal.. but its kind of a cop out to say "well their too busy to notice or care really"... its like saying the farmers has tons of corn to get money of off, so he wont mind if i take a few tomatoes..

it still comes down to defintion, getting something thats supposed to be paid for through some diviated, manipulated, or intentional way of getting it for free
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-22-2009, 02:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Quote:
where they got it from is not liable??? your not freakin serious right... if i sell u herion and u goto hosp, i goto prison... if im a bartender and i over serve you, you get wasted, get in an accident and kill someone or yourself, guess what, the bar i work at is BY FAR LIABLE... if i sell u an unregistered gun and u kill someone, i goto jail along with you... and i believe kazaa got shut down completely for awhile because what people were doing on a site that they only hosted..

come with some real substance in your arguments please.. see not ya got me being rude, and i dont wanna be... and why would i have a biz card, im in school still buddy, your not allowed to practice
Wow you cant read. I said if your selling LEGAL things heroin is not legal. LOL you dont get arrested because an idiot did the herion you get arrested because you sold it. the person doing it doesnt need to go to the hospital for the dealer to go to prison this would be more like the scratched serial example. And bartending is a completely different thing. And I said if you sell a REGISTERED gun and the other person kills someone with it. Reading isnt a strong point for you is it?
Dont even answer me anymore this is foolish theres no reason anyone including myself shouldve waisted time commenting on this topic. Somebody just close this bc it isnt going anywhere. This is probably why you were banned. You dont know how to shut your mouth and keep it moving. Play your position. We're not MODS, the only people that should comment on this should be them and hopefully all they should say is
CLOSED
Late Coz lol

Old 02-22-2009, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

kennyidaho is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhite456 View Post
If I could take 1 guess at it. I think law guy may of been banned for posting warez and now he is pointing his finger and saying "well Johnny was doing it too" I could be wrong though
Thats what I believe to be true myself. He's trying to save face by minimizing his mistake. Which is utterly a complete waste of time because I bet 99.9% of people really don't give a rats *** what he did or did not do.

Last edited by kennyidaho; 02-22-2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: missing a word.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

ok... i got banned for being mean, thats itt...ask Coz, that why i apologize in the opening of the thread..

yes i use wmwifi.. so.. can a drinker, not call himself an alcoholic? i know im doing wrong, and honestly im not gonna change it... and i havent asked a single one of you to stop USING it either.. i merely pointing out a flaw in system.. bringing attention to a certain topic..

my point is valid and irrefutable.. we use, yet dont pay for a PAM plan, like almost all of us right?? so how are these not considered cracks, by definition, to a serive/app/program/software? making it a warez, and therfore should be banned and removed
Old 02-22-2009, 02:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

well, since it has been brought up so much, i wud like to know what he did to get banned. u know, learn from another's mistake. that's what it's all about, right??
Old 02-22-2009, 02:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

HAHA Im an alcoholic and alcohol is a drug and should be illegal... But Im gonna keep drinking it and Im gonna fight crime at the same time... sry for real this time im done
Old 02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

viwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuffviwizard knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
I agree this tethering hack should be considered warez.

Why: A person that applies this hack did so deliberately to avoid paying the charges that the carrier would charge for those additional services. Clearly stated in the Terms of agreement and plan brochures. By doing the hack, you are "stealing" a service that the consumer is normally charged for. It is also common knowledge in the online community that those who apply this hack do this to avoid paying their wireless company fees for a service that is also common knowledge that their cellular carrier charges for.

Current laws or not, that is theft by deception in any court of law...

edit: yes, it's on my plan.
I'm guessing this is why it's not included in your diamond rom, nice rom by the way, running it strong.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions