PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

breaking news on this topic and please respect the op: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...012#post731012
Old 02-22-2009, 10:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
breaking news on this topic and please respect the op: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...012#post731012
interesting. i wonder how the person was tethering? with or without the hack? or does it really matter?
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
interesting. i wonder how the person was tethering? with or without the hack? or does it really matter?
hey, if you don't have the pam, then you are stealing. i'm not picking at you rwcj, but notice all the naysayers aren't saying ish? kinda proves the point but guess what? this thread will be buried and everyone that doesn't agree with the site will be banned. so save yourself!!!
Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
hey, if you don't have the pam, then you are stealing. i'm not picking at you rwcj, but notice all the naysayers aren't saying ish? kinda proves the point but guess what? this thread will be buried and everyone that doesn't agree with the site will be banned. so save yourself!!!
i have to admit, i have been a big pain in people's butts for a time now and i haven't been banned yet. i did stir up enough trouble recently that a thread was closed because of me and my "apprentices" as i called them. but so far (knock on wood) i haven't been banned and the mods have allowed me to speak my thoughts. even though some times i do lose my temper.

anyway. my vote was that tethering was in fact the same as warez and it should be treated the same way.

"and that's all i have to say about that..."
Old 02-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
ok. my vote is that it is indeed the same as warez. so i'm 1.

even though i'm totally on your side with this, i for one will tether now, everyday, just to protest Sprint not allowing me to legally purchase the service. and guys, i called back twice and talked to two seperate people. one a male and one a female. i wanted to make sure i totally understood what the situation is. and i did inform both of them that since Sprint would not allow me to purchase it, i would steal it.
again hang out with yur wang out... but if your argument is gonna stand as now you cant legally obtain the right service, now your wrong.. you can in fact obtain it legally, just not with your current plan, you could change it no problem.. it may not be econically feasible rate wise, but like i said if your gonna say you cant get it legally, now your wrong..

but again, use it, i do... just think we shouldnt promote it, and allow ROMs to carry it now that thats been brought up kinda a few posts back..

Quote:
well thats a scary thought.. least its not a bill with that note attached right lol

Quote:
i dont know that the right people are gonna side with me on this, to think this is gonna work, so i dunno about banning lol...

Im fresh off suspension for like a week or so.....odds are just wait, im the one thatll get banned for this lol
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-22-2009, 10:58 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
again hang out with yur wang out... but if your argument is gonna stand as now you cant legally obtain the right service, now your wrong.. you can in fact obtain it legally, just not with your current plan, you could change it no problem.. it may not be econically feasible rate wise, but like i said if your gonna say you cant get it legally, now your wrong..

but again, use it, i do... just think we shouldnt promote it, and allow ROMs to carry it now that thats been brought up kinda a few posts back..
i would have to drop to a totally unusable plan to get the PAM. it's crazy. the lady told me only the lower plans can have. it just makes no sense at all. i have 5 phones on my account. 3000 data/talk/text share plan. it's one of the largest they have.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so save yourself!!!
lmao-hysterically. sorry but it sounded like a ship was sinking..."abandon ship, save yourselves!!!" just bustin ya balls, bro.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
lmao-hysterically. sorry but it sounded like a ship was sinking..."abandon ship, save yourselves!!!" just bustin ya balls, bro.
i have no problems with you skee, just having some fun!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 PM
VIP Member

well my friends, i'm off the bed. my wife is a RN that just got home from a hard day at the hospital and she needs some major attention.

so in conclusion, i do vote that it's the same as warez and should be banned but i still will use it everyday in protest of Sprint being a$$es.

nite all.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:13 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
youve been here almost a 2 yrs.. u dont flash roms??? because almost, and i am saying ALMOST, all roms have this reg edit included, whether u know or not...

and sprints inconsistency, or their inabiltity to take an actve interest in this happening, DOESNT GIVE US THE RIGHT TO STEAL FROM THEM

Yes, only in the past month & thats with my Diamond.
Never flashed a custom rom with my Mogul & I didn't reccomend it to my friend in question.

I myself don't use or need PAM because I own a U727 Novatel USB broadband card already.

BTW you can't steal whats given to, Windows Mobile 6+ by standard issue, allows this. Sprints inconsistency on regulation is thier problem, he had every right to use INTERNET SHARING. He used no alteration, even when he flashed Sprints latest ROM that locked it.

Last edited by Genjinaro; 02-22-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions