PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Warez Vs. Tethering

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
but it is a warez..or crack...at least by sprints' standards.
the point was that i never applied anything of that sort to my mogul and my wmwifirouter ran perfectly fine. Does that mean Sprint loaded a ROM onto my phone that automatically was considered running 'warez'
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
the point was that i never applied anything of that sort to my mogul and my wmwifirouter ran perfectly fine. Does that mean Sprint loaded a ROM onto my phone that automatically was considered running 'warez'
try downloading a winmo 6.5 rom.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:58 PM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
try downloading a winmo 6.5 rom.
can't do it from this site because they were warned. they weren't warned about tethering yet..
Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

Quote:
i'm agreeing with you agreeing with chef. i've been tuned in to this channel since 3:17pm yesterday. but i assume we both agree that tethering is warez until someone proves that it's not( and not with the lines we've heard so far).
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
agreed sir.
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I didn't even do the ICS hack on my Mogul. There was never a PAM entry in my phone and my wmwifirouter worked fine and sprint never said anything about it.
thats cuz your using wmwifi, which creates the "crack" for you... so no, again, there was no plug and play involved.. because u cant just plug in and get on the web...

this next part isnt necc at you darkjedi, so please dont take offense...

but the arguments r getting a little weaker i think... it all comes down to the definition of warez.. warez= getting a paid app/prog/software FOR FREE, through someway of malicious and intentional way("crack", tweak,hack,reg edits) of getting it free
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 02-22-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Its random. Sprint isn't very consistent with it.

I do know that the latest Mogul ROM deactivated it on my friends phone.
After getting a TEP refurb (not for this issue) he was able to do this again without any alteration.
well holy crap. my apologies for being such a smart a$$. i had always gotten the error message everytime when i first got the phones with no custom rom or hack.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:06 PM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

ok. so how does everyone feel about my situation? whereas the only way i can actually have ICS is to use the crack and get it. it's not available to me because of my particular account type. i have to say, i'm extremely annoyed with Sprint and they deserve everyone stealing ICS.

anyone? do you think i'm well within my rights to do this now (i don't as a norm to be honest but now i will every freaking day just because Sprint sucks).
Old 02-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Quote:
ok. so how does everyone feel about my situation? whereas the only way i can actually have ICS is to use the crack and get it. it's not available to me because of my particular account type. i have to say, i'm extremely annoyed with Sprint and they deserve everyone stealing ICS.

anyone? do you think i'm well within my rights to do this now (i don't as a norm to be honest but now i will every freaking day just because Sprint sucks).
you, my friend, are seriously on the fence. but the point of this thread is to determine warez vs. tethering. but you have read the posts so you decide: if you pay for unlimited net then you are allowed to steal the phone as a modem plan. but don't mention getting pac-man for free because you will be banned. make sense? LOL!...
Old 02-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Its random. Sprint isn't very consistent with it.

I do know that the latest Mogul ROM deactivated it on my friends phone.
After getting a TEP refurb (not for this issue) he was able to do this again without any alteration.
youve been here almost a 2 yrs.. u dont flash roms??? because almost, and i am saying ALMOST, all roms have this reg edit included, whether u know or not...

and sprints inconsistency, or their inabiltity to take an actve interest in this happening, DOESNT GIVE US THE RIGHT TO STEAL FROM THEM
Old 02-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:

i think ALOT of us are in your situation... sure its def messed up... why couldnt you, say, change your plan though...

but look, im getting to close to arguing to not using it... im not for that.. basically im saying loook A TON of us have gotten away with it, cool, more power to us... im saying it is warez, and needs to be banned from the website.. this isnt a call to disarm our ohones.. im saying its wrong and we shouldnt be allowed to discuss, support, or turn any others onto these things..

basically like a grandfather clause, we have it, nooone or nothing cann change it, but we shouldnt be allowed to pass on the knowledge

Last edited by crazychef; 02-22-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
you, my friend, are seriously on the fence. but the point of this thread is to determine warez vs. tethering. but you have read the posts so you decide: if you pay for unlimited net then you are allowed to steal the phone as a modem plan. but don't mention getting pac-man for free because you will be banned. make sense? LOL!...
ok. my vote is that it is indeed the same as warez. so i'm 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychef View Post
youve been here almost a 2 yrs.. u dont flash roms??? because almost, and i am saying ALMOST, all roms have this reg edit included, whether u know or not...

and sprints inconsistency, or their inabiltity to take an actve interest in this happening, DOESNT GIVE US THE RIGHT TO STEAL FROM THEM
even though i'm totally on your side with this, i for one will tether now, everyday, just to protest Sprint not allowing me to legally purchase the service. and guys, i called back twice and talked to two seperate people. one a male and one a female. i wanted to make sure i totally understood what the situation is. and i did inform both of them that since Sprint would not allow me to purchase it, i would steal it.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions