PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 01:35 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is PPCkitchen done ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyderr View Post
Some of us never got a chance to use it. (Like me) and now I am interested...
Hey kyderr!! That is great to hear and duly noted!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfabes88 View Post
first post on this site ever...and i have to say i am bummed that ppckitchen is down!!! i managed to install it on 1 of my systems...will i still be able to use it to cook up roms?? i hope you all bring it back!
Yes, the BuildOS server is still up and functional. Sadly, updater is down with the rest of PPCk.

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

Yes, the BuildOS server is still up and functional. Sadly, updater is down with the rest of PPCk.
Oh, well, no roms for my Imagio backup phone

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 09-24-2011, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

vonnieglen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Thankyou Tinkerbell for all the work you did on PPCKitchen. I still have a PPC-6700 that I love to show off because it has one of your builds on it. It is amazing that a phone that I purchased in 2005 is still able to give good service. I was sad when I found the site was down because I was hoping to use it to cook up something for one of our TP2s. But thanks again!
Old 09-26-2011, 03:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RhodiumW

JDog2pt0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ah, so someone made a thread about this. I had contacted Tinkerbell on her page, but I suppose this is a better option. The problem I found was the new build of BuildOS being pushed back further, and further. BuildOS was a large draw to the site, and the old one just wasn't cutting it for newer devices as nothing was updated. WinMo isn't dead just yet, and I honestly prefer it over Android. It is the only mobile OS that appeals to me. Never took to Android, and WP7 is way too Apple like (everything locked down).

Anyways, here is one more throwing in their support for seeing PPCKitchen brought back online.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

For an official statement on the future of PPCkitchen.org, please see GGuruUSA's post here, post #215. It was a wonderful time and a great community. Thank you to all those who worked so hard to make PPCk a success all those years.

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 09-26-2011 at 12:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
For an official statement on the future of PPCkitchen.org, please see GGuruUSA's post here, post #215. It was a wonderful time and a great community. Thank you to all those who worked so hard to make PPCk a success all those years.
Thanks for the post and the info.

It's truly sad to see such a great product go away. It had hope with unlocked WP7 devices (creating apps with your XAPs and other things with mango) and could of opened up the market like it was with WM. It would of been great if someone could of found access to builds of WP7 to make it fun again.

It's a end of a very important moble phone time. There was a time where new roms would come out almost every day, and we'd be flashing our phones 2-3 times a week to see the new feature that Microsoft decied to add to WM. (also a time where lots more traffic was at this site)

I wish the server would come back up but, I know the costs of running a server and with only a small amount of interest (even 500 people), it does not pay the cost or the bills to run a public server with lots of data moving.

When it comes to 6.0, 6.1 or 6.5 devices, I will always remember this great program and miss it...

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-26-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: RhodiumW

JDog2pt0 is a n00b

Damn, that sure puts a damper on your mood. I suppose then it's time to learn how to make a rom the way everyone else around here does.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:56 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You can still use it to build roms. We can always recreate the downloads section if people still want to download it.

The v2 repos can be hosted as well, if people want to take over loading it up.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache (Verizon XV6700)

Nicezia is a n00b

I would still like to download the files...

I have a trusty PPC6700 that i've been in love with for ever (still does the job for me!) and i would love to actually be able to still modify it, any chance however of making 1 more version of buildOS that DOESN'T need to connect to the internet to be used. So that people can still use it if they need it even long after the server goes offline. I know my PPC6700 is going to be in my possession for several years to come (hell, i don't even use it as a phone anymore at this point, basically its a media device and book reader - but currently screwed up with my current ROM build ).

PPC Kitchen going down was bad timing for me, as i just clean-installed windows 7, and tried to re-install buildos to fix the errors i made in my previous build. Sadly to say, all the ins and outs of building a rom manually are lost on me, and i tried that 6 few years ago and bricked my first 6700 was glad to have found BuildOS. and now i miss it
Old 10-03-2011, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I know I would not use it every day because I have moved onto a Windows Phone 7 device but, I would like to build some clean roms for 2 of my backup phones.

If the download and update servers were up for a little while, I could do this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions