PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Tmobile HTC HD2 hands-on

yeah there's nothing to bash android about, but it also seems like free reign to bash WM just because it's the cool thing to do now and not out of actual data.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Lol

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

nice.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:49 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

What type of data do I need? I mean ive had almost every winmo phone ever made...and in comparison the 2.1 version of Android dwarfs every single one of them including the tp2...IMO. It's kinda like you have an impala you love, and then you buy a Corvette...and the experience is just totally great. Its not that the impala sucked the Corvette just outperforms it in pretty much every aspect.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:54 PM
Threadstarter

what do you mean "what type of data do I need?"

sounds like you wouldn't get this phone no matter what. WM is some people's cup of tea and not others'.

I'd go with a Nexus then till the sprint 4G comes out.

if you like winmo though, then this phone is for YOU.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:45 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Honestly I dont even have so much of a problem with winmo as I do with T-Mobile.. it just amazes me how they're rolling out this supposedly fastest HSPA service when their coverage is so meager. I have a sprint line and a t-mobile line and I kid you not... in many areas of town, including my house.. i've had to switch from my tmobile line to my sprint line just to make a call because I couldnt get any service with tmo. The HD2 is no doubt a nice phone but im just glad I got flex pay with t-mobile rather than a contract.. because there is no way on earth I could see myself dealing with this for 2 years.

And I wouldnt even gripe if I was in the country, but I live dead center of one of the biggest metro areas in the country. In all honesty, I can sit my nexus on the desk right beside my hero... the hero will have 4 bars and the nexus will have no service. Its not the phone either... same thing applied when I put the tmo sim in my unlocked 3gs. If I had never been introduced to android the hd2 would probably have been my next phone though.. but.. ya know.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:58 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Honestly I dont even have so much of a problem with winmo as I do with T-Mobile.. it just amazes me how they're rolling out this supposedly fastest HSPA service when their coverage is so meager. I have a sprint line and a t-mobile line and I kid you not... in many areas of town, including my house.. i've had to switch from my tmobile line to my sprint line just to make a call because I couldnt get any service with tmo. The HD2 is no doubt a nice phone but im just glad I got flex pay with t-mobile rather than a contract.. because there is no way on earth I could see myself dealing with this for 2 years.

And I wouldnt even gripe if I was in the country, but I live dead center of one of the biggest metro areas in the country. In all honesty, I can sit my nexus on the desk right beside my hero... the hero will have 4 bars and the nexus will have no service. Its not the phone either... same thing applied when I put the tmo sim in my unlocked 3gs. If I had never been introduced to android the hd2 would probably have been my next phone though.. but.. ya know.

well telling me this applied to you on your 3GS doesn't apply because Iphones don't get T-Mobile HSPA bands anyways, only Edge.

On your other point I can see that, but keep in mind that they are building more towers, have signed on with LTE to roll out HSPA+ and in some areas get awesome coverage.

In Houston I get T-mobile coverage EVERWHERE. I have yet to have lower than 4 bars and I am all over the city. I get awesome coverage. But I see your point. I would never sign on contract with T-Mobile because they rape you with an extra $20, plus I hate contracts.
Old 03-24-2010, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HD 2
Carrier: T-MOBILE

dsuarez1979 is a n00b

Yeeeeeeah i just got my hd2 from t-mobile, sorry sprint but i had to go after 6 year. I`ll be back whenever you get this beast with wm, and i`m so sorry for all i-phone loser lol
Old 03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuarez1979 View Post
i`m so sorry for all i-phone loser lol

I have an iphone
Old 03-24-2010, 03:52 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I have an iphone
To pick up chicks of course.

For them, its not about fancy, its about recognition.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions