PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LG G2X Keeps Restarting after Turning On.

Hey guys. I understand that this phone is not listed on the site yet but I was hoping someone can help me out. Basically I've purchased the phone outright for a little over $500. I have only had the phone 3 weeks and one morning when I turned it on, the LG symbol pops up like normal then shows a moving bar underneath it to show that it's working. Usually after this point, the android guy pops up and it does the T-mobile sound, but unfortunately it restarts and goes through the same steps over and over and over until I remove the battery to stop it.

I brought it back to the T-mobile store and they thought it might be a software update but that didn't work. Now since it's past the 14 day T-mobile return policy, they said they cant do anything except call LG. LG is honoring their 1 year manufacturers warranty, but I am not liking the fact that they will either send me it back repaired or send me a refurbished one. If I wanted a refurbished one, I would have bought one off EBAY for half price. I paid $550 for a "Brand New" one, not a used one. Despite what they say, a refurbished one is not brand new because if that were the case, they would sell refurbished ones for full price.

Well, I argued my point and they will not budge so I'm thinking my only option is to send it in and wait without a phone. What do you guys think, do I have any other options here like fixing it myself or what. I was thinking small claims court, but IDK if I'd win.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:58 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: LG G2X Keeps Restarting after Turning On.

ill start with this, did you apply for an insurance plan when u activated the phone? I know tmobile has that plan for $5 vs $7 with sprint and if it's anything like sprints they have to replace the device with a refurb or comparable model. if u don't have the insurance plan I say they are just going by the general procedure and is in their right for doing so. however if u do have insurance and they're still dogging u around like that then u may have a claim but really all u can do is just goto the manufacturer.

Last edited by eric12341; 07-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: LG G2X Keeps Restarting after Turning On.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
ill start with this, did you apply for an insurance plan when u activated the phone? I know tmobile has that plan for $5 vs $7 with sprint and if it's anything like sprints they have to replace the device with a refurb or comparable model. if u don't have the insurance plan I say they are just going by the general procedure and is in their right for doing so. however if u do have insurance and they're still dogging u around like that then u may have a claim but really all u can do is just goto the manufacturer.
No, I didn't get the insurance because I'm not using T-mobile's service, otherwise I would have gotten the phone considerably cheaper. Well thanks for the help anyway, I guess my only option is to send it to LG and wait

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion