PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 12:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: verizon

johnfoy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Flashed with odd results

"make sure you are choosing 6.5.x in the kitchen when building a rom, not 6.5 or 6.1"

Really? I thought 6.1 had less overhead in it, so I did go for 6.1. Two questions then..
1. What is the difference between 6.5.x and 6.5?
2. Your thoughts on 6.1 vs. 6.5?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Lurker

johnfoy is a n00b

1. Sorry, someone else has got to chime in on the VZ issues.

I doubt it has anything to do with the flash - more a verizon extender (aka piece of junk) issue.

3. Changing themes is not perfect in 6.5.x... I recommend selecting a theme, taping "OK", and then Soft Resetting.

Noted.

4. New phone, huh? Hold down the On/Off button on the top for about 3seconds. (That's unless I'm being a jerk and something did not build correctly).

On Verizon stock rom, you hold down the END button to turn the phone on/off. That the flash loaded an app called psShutdownXP caught me off guard as I was not familiar with it and the fact that it remapped the function to the Sleep button on top.

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro2,mogul 6800 and Moto Q9's
Carrier: cricket

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
"make sure you are choosing 6.5.x in the kitchen when building a rom, not 6.5 or 6.1"

Really? I thought 6.1 had less overhead in it, so I did go for 6.1. Two questions then..
1. What is the difference between 6.5.x and 6.5?
2. Your thoughts on 6.1 vs. 6.5?
Thanks!
JOHNFOY Want to know the differance, try it, you'll like it ,said one addict to another.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:04 AM
Lurker

johnfoy is a n00b
Adding apps to the Kitchen

Obviously, I'm a noob at this. Is there a doc on how to add apps (cab files) to the Kitchen?

Thanks

Last edited by johnfoy; 03-10-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

hthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rephthomas is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Does the % battery monitor use more battery or is it just in my head?
What are your thoughts?

What is the best fix for the wallpaper loading problem? I'm trying to cooking a 21893 manila 2.5 2012 cookietab 1.61.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Re: Adding apps to the Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfoy View Post
Obviously, I'm a noob at this. Is there a doc on how to add apps to the Kitchen?

Thanks
No Doc here but most apps go in EXT\Shared\Packages. But device specific things ( like youtube ) go \EXT\Touch_Pro2\6.x.x\Packages. I'm still learning too.
You wont find better supported Kitchen that is this noob friendly.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 @_@
Carrier: Sprint

johnnyeoneal is keeping up the good workjohnnyeoneal is keeping up the good work
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 3-5 ][ v1.6 R3 ][28232 / 23542 / 21893 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kitc

Ok so I have a noob question... I'm working on my 1st rom with this kitchen.. and the only reason I am not able to "create rom" is the device id.. but it will not let me type in the "device id" field at all. I've tried everything..holding down shift, caps, no caps, etc..it will not let me type letters, #'s, or symbols.. any idea WHY?????? This seems crazy to me but maybe I just missed something..idk.. any info on this is much appreciated!

Also... I love the great selection of choices included in this kitchen.. but how can I add my own .cab files to be cooked in as far as apps or cookie home tab, etc, etc..? That would also be GREAT.. future thnx!! =)

If anyone has helped you, please don't forget the thanks button. I work at Sprint so if there is anything I can do or info I can give contribute to this site please feel free.

=D>

Last edited by johnnyeoneal; 03-10-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Lurker

johnfoy is a n00b
Noob makes progress!

AHA! Most of the problems I listed earlier were due to my selecting OS v6.1 instead of v6.5.x. Once I changed the OS, apps showed up, things started working, etc.

Interesting.

Now I just have to decide if I want Sense / Manila or Classic interface. On the stock rom, I couldn't stand Manila and quickly changed back to Classic. I might take a spin with this new Sense.

Thanks to all,
John Foy
Old 03-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyeoneal View Post
Ok so I have a noob question... I'm working on my 1st rom with this kitchen.. and the only reason I am not able to "create rom" is the device id.. but it will not let me type in the "device id" field at all. I've tried everything..holding down shift, caps, no caps, etc..it will not let me type letters, #'s, or symbols.. any idea WHY?????? This seems crazy to me but maybe I just missed something..idk.. any info on this is much appreciated!

Also... I love the great selection of choices included in this kitchen.. but how can I add my own .cab files to be cooked in as far as apps or cookie home tab, etc, etc..? That would also be GREAT.. future thnx!! =)
It's a drop down menu. Just click on device and touch pro2 will drop down. Then click on touch pro2

Cookie home 1.6 tab is in the kitchen already.

Last edited by hthomas; 03-10-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Lurker

johnfoy is a n00b

@johnnyoneal

I think I can actually help you with that one - ha!

When you launch the kitchen, do these steps:

1. Click Real WM 6.5 AKU (unchecked by default but must be checked)
2. Even though it says Touch Pro 2 under Device, select it again. When you do that, it should populate things correctly - including the Device ID (RHOD***).
3. Go through the rest of the grey fields, left to right, top to bottom, and select what you want, even if it already has that in the field. Just because the field says it does not mean the settings have been applied. Messed me up as well.

Good luck,
John Foy
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development